Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1.    09 Feb 2015 #21
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaB4YouGo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    Microsoft cannot keep up with everything in the computer world. There are just too many forums and websites that deal with computers. Posting to those websites and forums doesn't guarantee that Microsoft will see our wants and needs.
    I'm not sure that's entirely true. I believe that MS, and any savvy corporation, can and should keep track of EVERY site that mentions their name, much less one that holds full-out discussions about it's product(s). Sure, it's alot of resource to throw out there, but the corp needs to continue making $$. The only way to accurately get feedback is to hear the customer at the street level. What are they telling their neighbors about the corp's product? etc... It just happens that our "street" is electronic and YOU are my neighbor.

    As far as participation in these forums, I'm glad that MS doesn't officially have a presence here (or in Seven Forums, etc...). If I want to talk to them directly, they have a web interface. The difference is, the people here help because they WANT to be here. If MS made an appearance here, the person on the other end of that connection would be here because they would HAVE to be. It changes the quality of the answers and opinions, in my view.
    But, MS did set up the feedback program for people involved in testing the new OS to supply information on their experiences with Win10TP. This has to be the most direct way that MS(or any company) can provide testers with a direct way to supply feedback, IMO.

    The job of trying to monitor all of the places that the new version of Windows is mentioned would be rather large and difficult to keep track of.

    If anyone has comments or thoughts(issues) they should use the feedback. It works fine for me.

    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    09 Feb 2015 #22
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,885
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    I would like to have just bare minimum windows without any of those small applications starting fro textpad, paint and such, not even a browser, I replace those with my favorite third party anyway. No desktop pictures and themes, easily replaceable icons and menus. Just a plain, minimal OS. They could offer some packages (distros ?) that you can download and set up or even just programs by themselves. Something like famous "Find an application to open this file with". For instance, you want to open a text file, a menu shows up and gives you choice of Notepad, Wordpad or something like that.
    Windows like that would be much smaller easier to download and setup without a bunch junkware and stuff you'll never use.
    I'm in agreement, Count, in everything but the browser issue. Maybe a minimal something or other to enable downloading of the browser of choice. Ya gotta have one to get one.

    Good idea because one could buy the package they want; bad idea because so many consumers think they're smarter than they are. I have a couple of friends like that whose computers I'm always having to straighten out.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    09 Feb 2015 #23
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,885
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaB4YouGo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    Microsoft cannot keep up with everything in the computer world. There are just too many forums and websites that deal with computers. Posting to those websites and forums doesn't guarantee that Microsoft will see our wants and needs.
    I'm not sure that's entirely true. I believe that MS, and any savvy corporation, can and should keep track of EVERY site that mentions their name, much less one that holds full-out discussions about it's product(s). Sure, it's alot of resource to throw out there, but the corp needs to continue making $$. The only way to accurately get feedback is to hear the customer at the street level. What are they telling their neighbors about the corp's product? etc... It just happens that our "street" is electronic and YOU are my neighbor.

    As far as participation in these forums, I'm glad that MS doesn't officially have a presence here (or in Seven Forums, etc...). If I want to talk to them directly, they have a web interface. The difference is, the people here help because they WANT to be here. If MS made an appearance here, the person on the other end of that connection would be here because they would HAVE to be. It changes the quality of the answers and opinions, in my view.
    Oh, without a doubt, but even in these forums it would take a full timer whose only job was to go through them. And this is one of the more organized sites.

    Hey, MVPs . . . wanna chime in and tell us what you know about Microsoft checking out the various Windows websites?

    I'm glad Microsoft doesn't have an official presence here too. Since I use HP computers for the most part, I'm a member of their forums, and those things are just too complicated for me. And those who answer questions sometimes get a little snotty, for want of a better word.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    09 Feb 2015 #24
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,622
    W10 Insider + Linux

    I'd be surprised if MS doesn't monitor a lot of forums and places that deal or at lest mention windows and specifically 10. Search engines like Google, Yahoo etc. do that with ease and so does Bing. Just punch in "Windows 10" in Google and be amazed with number of hits. Few keyword filters and there you go.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    09 Feb 2015 #25
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,885
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    But, MS did set up the feedback program for people involved in testing the new OS to supply information on their experiences with Win10TP. This has to be the most direct way that MS(or any company) can provide testers with a direct way to supply feedback, IMO.

    The job of trying to monitor all of the places that the new version of Windows is mentioned would be rather large and difficult to keep track of.

    If anyone has comments or thoughts(issues) they should use the feedback. It works fine for me.

    Jeff
    Yep, And that's what we're trying to convince Jack to do. That and if he has problems, to come here and ask questions. Because we're all wiling to help him out when he needs us.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    09 Feb 2015 #26
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,885
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    I'd be surprised if MS doesn't monitor a lot of forums and places that deal or at lest mention windows and specifically 10. Search engines like Google, Yahoo etc. do that with ease and so does Bing. Just punch in "Windows 10" in Google and be amazed with number of hits. Few keyword filters and there you go.
    I just had a revolting thought, Count! All that and Feedback too!?!?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    09 Feb 2015 #27
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    But, MS did set up the feedback program for people involved in testing the new OS to supply information on their experiences with Win10TP. This has to be the most direct way that MS(or any company) can provide testers with a direct way to supply feedback, IMO.

    The job of trying to monitor all of the places that the new version of Windows is mentioned would be rather large and difficult to keep track of.

    If anyone has comments or thoughts(issues) they should use the feedback. It works fine for me.

    Jeff
    Yep, And that's what we're trying to convince Jack to do. That and if he has problems, to come here and ask questions. Because we're all wiling to help him out when he needs us.
    Totally agree. It would also be nice if Jack(The OP) would take the time to describe what he wants in an OS. That might add to the discussion.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    09 Feb 2015 #28
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,622
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    I'd be surprised if MS doesn't monitor a lot of forums and places that deal or at lest mention windows and specifically 10. Search engines like Google, Yahoo etc. do that with ease and so does Bing. Just punch in "Windows 10" in Google and be amazed with number of hits. Few keyword filters and there you go.
    I just had a revolting thought, Count! All that and Feedback too!?!?
    You are famous !!!!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wynona.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	280.9 KB 
ID:	12277
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    09 Feb 2015 #29
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,885
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    I'd be surprised if MS doesn't monitor a lot of forums and places that deal or at lest mention windows and specifically 10. Search engines like Google, Yahoo etc. do that with ease and so does Bing. Just punch in "Windows 10" in Google and be amazed with number of hits. Few keyword filters and there you go.
    I just had a revolting thought, Count! All that and Feedback too!?!?
    You are famous !!!!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wynona.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	280.9 KB 
ID:	12277
    And only the one you circled is moi, Count. Dunno who those others are; one "could" be my granddaughter.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    09 Feb 2015 #30
    Join Date : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 3,544
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64

    the big brown beaver one looks interesting
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums