Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1.    16 Feb 2016 #31
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Danville
    Posts : 50
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by drugo View Post
    hi
    really? 1gb of unless application ???
    insane really , rubbish i agree
    may i know which tool did you use to get rid of them?
    i want to keep only email and calendar
    Well like lx07 and I said, you can remove the apps with CCleaner, but apparently they will come back if Windows release a major build release thought Windows update. Even I didn't know that.

    It's also possible to delete the apps themselves from there location on the hard drive. The apps are stored in the ProgramFiles folder in a WindowsApps directory but that folder is hidden. So you would have to expose hidden files to find it. Also just deleting the data for the apps won't really clean up the mess it'll make on the start menu. At least I don't think it does, plus you'll have to give yourself permission to even be able to delete those files and folder manually. Take if from me don't do it, just unpin them. I'm referring specifically to the stand apps like Calculator, Mail, Calendar, Camera, etc. Not downloaded apps from the store like Solitaire and others. Just the defacto ones that come with Windows by default.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    16 Feb 2016 #32
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Danville
    Posts : 50
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Mistake post, was not intentional.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    16 Feb 2016 #33
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 255
    windows 10 pro 64
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by mrgeek View Post
    "The apps are not regenerated - only when you upgrade to a new version (or build) of Windows."
    I defer but I have removed Store apps before. Some like 'Get Office' or 'Get Started' never came back but there was a cumulative update on 1/29 and 2/4 and all the highlighted apps were either updated or reinstalled same dates. Coincidence ?

    Attachment 64557
    hi
    may i ask you did you used ccleaner or other tools to uninstall them ?
    thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    16 Feb 2016 #34
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 255
    windows 10 pro 64
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Britton View Post
    Well like lx07 and I said, you can remove the apps with CCleaner, but apparently they will come back if Windows release a major build release thought Windows update. Even I didn't know that.

    It's also possible to delete the apps themselves from there location on the hard drive. The apps are stored in the ProgramFiles folder in a WindowsApps directory but that folder is hidden. So you would have to expose hidden files to find it. Also just deleting the data for the apps won't really clean up the mess it'll make on the start menu. At least I don't think it does, plus you'll have to give yourself permission to even be able to delete those files and folder manually. Take if from me don't do it, just unpin them. I'm referring specifically to the stand apps like Calculator, Mail, Calendar, Camera, etc. Not downloaded apps from the store like Solitaire and others. Just the defacto ones that come with Windows by default.
    hi
    in short it's unless to uninstall them
    they will come back
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    16 Feb 2016 #35
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3,814
    10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by drugo View Post
    hi
    in short it's unless to uninstall them
    they will come back
    No and yes. You may have a reason to uninstall them (I remove them for space reasons).

    They will come back every upgrade.

    If you have a huge SSD (64MB or bigger) then you may as well not worry about it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    16 Feb 2016 #36
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 899
    Windows 10 Home

    Quote Originally Posted by drugo View Post
    hi may i ask you did you used ccleaner or other tools to uninstall them ? thanks
    No, I used the right-click from the App list in Start Menu. When they re-appeared, I used a PowerShell command (eg- Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage ) . When they re-appeared again, I gave up
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Start Menu button right click menu fails
I have just upgraded to Win10 and most items on the "Power User Command Menu" do not work if the menu is accessed by right-clicking the Start Menu button on the Task Bar. The only items that do work are Search, Run, Shut down and Desktop. If the...
General Support
Windows 10 start menu/notification menu/metro apps not opening anymore
I am using Windows 10 for around 2 days now. But today my computer freezed while playing a game, so i restarted my computer and when i logged in, the start menu,notification menu and metro apps would not open anymore. Whats is happening?
General Support
Can't pin anything to start menu? and start menu search results?
Either the Windows 10 start menu really sucks or I am using it wrong. I am used to the StartisBack/Windows 7 menu where you can pin anything and all applications will come up in search results. In the Windows 10 menu, I can't pin anything to the...
General Support
W10 Setup can't start after downloading MediaCreationTool
I have the Get Windows 10 App but I couldn't wait for it as I have limited internet access. I downloaded the 64-bit Media Creation Tool after selecting the option to download for this computer and when I ran it the first time, it started downloading...
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:40.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums