Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    12 Feb 2016 #1
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 32
    Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit English

    Pin msconfig as tile


    I tried to pin a desktop shortcut of msconfig system app as tile to the start metro screen but refuses to pin.
    It doesn't even exists 'Pin to Start screen' selection when i right click the shortcut. What should i do?
    I even copied the shortcut to the 'All Apps' folder and appeared on the left to the up and down app list but i can't
    drag to start screen as tile.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    12 Feb 2016 #2
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 16,988
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    In the All Apps menu>> Windows administrative tools>> choose System Configuration & right click that.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 003.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	616.0 KB 
ID:	63730

    Or you can do it from Control Panel:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 004.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	349.5 KB 
ID:	63731
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    12 Feb 2016 #3
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 32
    Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit English
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    In the All Apps menu>> Windows administrative tools>> choose System Configuration & right click that.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 003.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	616.0 KB 
ID:	63730

    Or you can do it from Control Panel:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 004.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	349.5 KB 
ID:	63731
    System Configuration selection does not exist.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    12 Feb 2016 #4
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 16,988
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 001.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	63733
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    12 Feb 2016 #5
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 32
    Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit English
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 001.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	63733
    'Pin to Start' option dissappeared for all apps and shortcuts. It was there before.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    12 Feb 2016 #6
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 16,988
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    You don't have the Pin to start choice for any program or app?

    Do you have this folder: C:\Users\YourNameHere\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs ?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    12 Feb 2016 #7
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 32
    Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit English
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    You don't have the Pin to start choice for any program or app?

    Do you have this folder: C:\Users\YourNameHere\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs ?
    I don't have the Pin to start choice anymore. I do have this folder.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    12 Feb 2016 #8
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 16,988
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    I know this is the dumbest(almost cliché) question, but it does work sometimes, have you tried re-booting?
    If you have try and copy & paste the following in an Admin Command Prompt:

    fsutil resource setautoreset true c:\&fsutil usn deletejournal /d /n c:&Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&&sfc /scannow&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc /scannow&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase&pause


    And let it run through.
    Then reboot and run it again, to check if it cleaned and fixed everything.
    It may take awhile depending on your hardware(HDD or SSD),
    and it may appear to freeze at 20% on the third part,
    just be patient and let in run out.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    12 Feb 2016 #9
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 32
    Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit English
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    I know this is the dumbest(almost cliché) question, but it does work sometimes, have you tried re-booting?
    If you have try and copy & paste the following in an Admin Command Prompt:

    fsutil resource setautoreset true c:\&fsutil usn deletejournal /d /n c:&Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&&sfc /scannow&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc /scannow&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase&pause


    And let it run through.
    Then reboot and run it again, to check if it cleaned and fixed everything.
    It may take awhile depending on your hardware(HDD or SSD),
    and it may appear to freeze at 20% on the third part,
    just be patient and let in run out.
    Didn't helped.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    12 Feb 2016 #10
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 16,988
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Are you using any 3rd party theme patchers or other theming tools?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved MSConfig & Selective Startup
So msconfig is driving me nuts as whenever i just click normal or diagonstic boot it reverts to selective startup. I had this issue in Windows 7 and i fixed it somehow. Any help?
General Support
Solved Where's msconfig?
Can someone help me find msconfig in Win10 Home ? There are some startup software I would like to disable. Thanks..
Software and Apps
msconfig>Diagnostic startup fails
I am trying to determine why Firefox takes 20 seconds to open. This does not happen in Safe Mode so presumably another package is causing the delay. Consequently, I wanted to start in diagnostics mode. However, as soon as I click on the button for...
Performance & Maintenance
getting a runtime error while opening msconfig
Having a big issue guys. Not able to open device manager, disc management or any of those administrative tools. Main thing is that I'm getting a runtime error every time I try to open msconfig. Runtime error! C:\windows\system32\msconfig.exe...
General Support
Solved MSCONFIG/General/ Selective startup
I can't get my PC to do a normal start up. When I select normal start up in MSCONFIG and hit apply and boot it reverts to Selective start up. However everything appears to be working normally. I'm not sure if it is or if it is actually doing a...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:10.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums