Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    07 Feb 2016 #1
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 5
    W10

    Eject device icon wrong for anyone else?


    I've been noticing lately that everyone but me has that new generation flat style icon for the eject device handler. Mine looks the same as in 7 (at the bottom):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AG0D61.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	63005

    Does anyone have thoughts about this?
    Last edited by Marnes; 07 Feb 2016 at 17:56.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    07 Feb 2016 #2
    Join Date : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 4,355
    Mac OS Sierra

    Cannot even tell what you are talking about, with all of that junk in that rectangle. How many programs are you running, that are showing up in the Task area? Third party software from one of those programs is why your icon changed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    07 Feb 2016 #3
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 25,772
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17046

    Hello Marnes, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    What build number of Windows 10 do you have?

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...mber-find.html

    For now, you might see if resetting the notification area icons may help.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    07 Feb 2016 #4
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,548
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Hello Marnes, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    What build number of Windows 10 do you have?

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...mber-find.html

    For now, you might see if resetting the notification area icons may help.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html
    I wouldn't change it if it was me. I prefer the old icon for the Safe to Remove Hardware and Eject Media.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    08 Feb 2016 #5
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 5
    W10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by bro67 View Post
    Cannot even tell what you are talking about, with all of that junk in that rectangle. How many programs are you running, that are showing up in the Task area? Third party software from one of those programs is why your icon changed.
    The "safely remove device" icon... At the bottom...

    This:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jhoC2i.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	879 Bytes 
ID:	63144
    as opposed to what it's apparently supposed to be:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TUZ5Vi.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	985 Bytes 
ID:	63145

    And no, it's not from any of those other programs, I don't have any junk or interfering stuff installed.

    @Brink
    Pro N build 10240
    Will try the reset...
    Edit: no dice :/

    @Winuser
    Well tbh I'd prefer to change it to what it's supposed to be. It's an anomaly, and being a programmer, I don't like anomalies. They tend to be symptoms of other problems, of which I have plenty with w10. I'm actually hoping this is caused by some other issue that I've always thought was just w10 being the junk that it is but will turn out to be a fixable problem, with this wrong icon being one of the symptoms.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    08 Feb 2016 #6
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 25,772
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17046

    Marnes,

    I believe the icon didn't change until a later build. After you install all updates to have the latest public build, it should be the new icon.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    08 Feb 2016 #7
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 5
    W10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Marnes,

    I believe the icon didn't change until a later build. After you install all updates to have the latest public build, it should be the new icon.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html
    Wait, but... I regularly check for updates, and windows always says there are none, that what I have atm is all the latest...
    Nice job microsoft -_- awesome self-updating OS this is

    Thanks for the pointer Brink, guess I have some update debugging to do
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    08 Feb 2016 #8
    Join Date : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 4,355
    Mac OS Sierra

    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Marnes,

    I believe the icon didn't change until a later build. After you install all updates to have the latest public build, it should be the new icon.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html
    The icon changed with thelast rollout. Also the fix for the context menus no longer works when you try placing the .bat in Start. May have to make that one as a Startup script.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    08 Feb 2016 #9
    Join Date : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 4,355
    Mac OS Sierra

    Quote Originally Posted by Marnes View Post
    Wait, but... I regularly check for updates, and windows always says there are none, that what I have atm is all the latest...
    Nice job microsoft -_- awesome self-updating OS this is

    Thanks for the pointer Brink, guess I have some update debugging to do
    I am thinking that the change from the old to the new happened mid January. I just noticed it last week, while doing a SD card for the Raspberry Pi I got last week.

    As for the other stuff, it can cause system issues, even slow it down with all of that running at once. You may want to trim down what items you do not use all of the time.

    Just a little concerned, because having to deal with too many systems that the issue why it ran slow, was because of too many background processes wanting Internet and system.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    08 Feb 2016 #10
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 5
    W10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by bro67 View Post
    As for the other stuff, it can cause system issues, even slow it down with all of that running at once. You may want to trim down what items you do not use all of the time.

    Just a little concerned, because having to deal with too many systems that the issue why it ran slow, was because of too many background processes wanting Internet and system.
    No really, please stop bringing this up. I know what programs I run, they all have use to me all the time, and most of them are pretty lightweight anyway, like superf4 or findandrunrobot. They're not the cause of any issues either. I've gone over it all enough to know they're all "safe". I also just seem to have many because I opt into the icons whenever I can and I disable the pop-out tray so I have a constant overview of what's running.

    I'm looking into a forced update now, build 10560 or something... This seems to be a common issue, a november update some people miss once and never get again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Safe eject has issues?
Hello, i've noticed an interesting fact while i was working with few usb's . Windows 10 , at least mine cannot eject usb's no matter if you just plugged it in , safe eject doesn't work . There is a message coming up "this device is currently in use...
Drivers and Hardware
Enhancements Tab on wrong audio device properties
HP Envy Recline 27 Windows 10 Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.14) While trying the solve the windows 10 no audio after sleep problem, I noticed that since the 1511 Upgrade and the windows 10 RollUp the following week, the Playback Enhancements tab...
Drivers and Hardware
Annoying: Safe Eject does not tell me when I can unplug a device
Is it only me or has Microsoft removed this bubble, which always popped up when you could eject a device? In Windows 10 I never see it. This makes the Safe Eject function hard to use - I never know, whether I now can unplug the device or if I can't....
Drivers and Hardware
Some file type show wrong icon.
Hello, i'm using windows 10 insider now in build 10547, recently some file with specified extension showing the wrong icon, all the wrong icon is same as in the screenshoot: 41850 All error files have icon same like this picture, but all file is...
General Support
Problem with USB eject icon
On windows 10 (10240 build with all updated), lately I have a problem with the "eject usb" icon in taskbar, when I have a External HDD or USB in my PC (any USB 2.0 or 3.0 port) and then I do click in "safely remove hardware" in the eject icon, I...
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:55.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums