Windows 10: burn movies to DVD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    06 Feb 2016 #1

    burn movies to DVD


    why can I no longer burn movies to a DVD. My computer says I may have to install latest update??? used to be able to make a movie and use Windows Media Player to burn it to a Disc No more what gives Please Thank You
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 3,201
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint
       07 Feb 2016 #2

    Jersey Devil said: View Post
    why can I no longer burn movies to a DVD. My computer says I may have to install latest update??? used to be able to make a movie and use Windows Media Player to burn it to a Disc No more what gives Please Thank You
    Windows 10 has removed a lot of the previous DVD support. There was a free DVD Player app, at least for awhile, but it was only a player. You may need to get a DVD editor program such as Roxio Creator.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    07 Feb 2016 #3

    Berton said: View Post
    Windows 10 has removed a lot of the previous DVD support. There was a free DVD Player app, at least for awhile, but it was only a player. You may need to get a DVD editor program such as Roxio Creator.
    Yeah but should not affect WMP or its ability to burn stuff to DVD - that is basic functionality.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    07 Feb 2016 #4

    Are you having problems making or burning the movie? If it's burning, I recommend ImgBurn to burn your movies to disk. Download a older version if you don't want the bundleware that comes with the newest version. ImgBurn 2.5.8.0 / 2.5.0.0 Adfree
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    07 Feb 2016 #5

    Here's a list of some DVD authoring programs. Some of them are free. I've only used one of the paid programs so I can't recommend any of the free ones. Authoring (DVD)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    07 Feb 2016 #6

    Jersey Devil said: View Post
    why can I no longer burn movies to a DVD. My computer says I may have to install latest update??? used to be able to make a movie and use Windows Media Player to burn it to a Disc No more what gives Please Thank You
    Were you ever able to create a DVD movie disk under Windows 10? What software did you use in the past? What OS did it run under?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    12 Feb 2016 #7

    Windows 7 I upgraded when I was offered 10 for free Sorry I did I had no problem with windows movie maker in the past I can still make movies in 10 , but just can't burn them to DVD. It's frustrating trying to learn with Windows 10 since I am older and wasn't raised on a computer. Shoulda stuck with 7. Easy for you peeps to extend a helping hand when its second nature to you. But I do appreciate the help even if I don't know what the heck you's are talking about half the time Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    12 Feb 2016 #8

    Jersey Devil said: View Post
    Windows 7 I upgraded when I was offered 10 for free Sorry I did I had no problem with windows movie maker in the past I can still make movies in 10,, but just can't burn them to DVD
    Did you give ImgBurn a try?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 21,815
    Dual boot - Win 10 Pro & Win 10 Insider (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       12 Feb 2016 #9

    Winuser said: View Post
    Are you having problems making or burning the movie? If it's burning, I recommend ImgBurn to burn your movies to disk. Download a older version if you don't want the bundleware that comes with the newest version. ImgBurn 2.5.8.0 / 2.5.0.0 Adfree
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    12 Feb 2016 #10

    going to there now Keep your fingers crossed :0)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
this looked like the best place to post this, if not please direct me. now that my XP machine has died I am using my Win 7 upgraded to Win 10 and having issues with burning music CD's. Receive this message as disc is ejected: Windows Media...
Source: Microsoft Movies TV Now Supports Disney Movies Anywhere | Blogging Windows
I've got a message to say Files Ready to be written to a CD But I don't know what to do next. I found the Burn Button but when I Click on it nothing happens, maybe I should have done something else first? Please can someone talk me through...
I did that with 8.1 pro and successfully restored a broken install, booted dvd and repaired the pc. Then I upgraded to windows 10 using the media tool and it is working fine. But I do not have an iso of win10 burnt to a dvd. Will I need a...
How do I burn disks in General Support
My DVD reads fine but I don't know how to burn disks. I have tried sharing in the window for the drive and there is a burn place there, but it doesn't do anything.
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:27.
Find Us