Windows 10: HD fills up to max by one file

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    06 Feb 2016 #11

    bro67 said: View Post
    Same reason why my wife's stepmom installed and pays for the stupid PC matic. The only ones who feel all warm and fuzzy about this garbage software, is the one with their hands in your wallet.

    Microsoft needs to Blacklist and not allow this garbage software to even be installed. I never let anyone else touch my machines.
    That stuff is junk but given how much it's advertised on say, CNN, I'm not shocked that they get people on the hook.

    They use scare tactics and lots of untruths.. but heck. It's the American way I guess.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.    06 Feb 2016 #12

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    That stuff is junk but given how much it's advertised on say, CNN, I'm not shocked that they get people on the hook.

    They use scare tactics and lots of untruths.. but heck. It's the American way I guess.
    A version of the modern day Snake Oil.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3.    06 Feb 2016 #13

    Here you see what happens when you let people use a computer that have no idea what a computer is.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. bro67's Avatar
    Posts : 3,163
    EL Capitan
       07 Feb 2016 #14

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    That stuff is junk but given how much it's advertised on say, CNN, I'm not shocked that they get people on the hook.

    They use scare tactics and lots of untruths.. but heck. It's the American way I guess.
    Of course my wife's stepmom watches Faux. So she gets sucked into these scam software commercials, along with Lifelock, when there is a better option than LL.

    Once a year, I spend two days fixing her machine.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. bro67's Avatar
    Posts : 3,163
    EL Capitan
       07 Feb 2016 #15

    whs said: View Post
    Here you see what happens when you let people use a computer that have no idea what a computer is.
    The good thing is that we can educate people, by getting on the Microsoft Facebook page and pull them in over here, to help them, without them paying someone to fix the mistakes made.

    This is from 2014, but Malware Bytes is up front and honest on this. Beware of US-based Tech Support Scams | Malwarebytes Unpacked
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6.    07 Feb 2016 #16

    bro67 said: View Post
    The good thing is that we can educate people, by getting on the Microsoft Facebook page and pull them in over here, to help them, without them paying someone to fix the mistakes made.

    This is from 2014, but Malware Bytes is up front and honest on this. Beware of US-based Tech Support Scams | Malwarebytes Unpacked
    Very good read.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Related Threads
Anytime I drag a file(s) in a folder window, a translucent, oversized icon follows the mouse pointer, partially obscuring up to 4 nearby items. Can this effect be disabled? I'm sure somebody at MS thought it was slick idea, but it just gives me a...
At the first after I upgraded my notebook from windows 8 to windows 10, I just realize that 1 of my 3 user account is not exist anymore (the Guest account is not there just after I upgrade it into windows 10). As I tried to make the new Guest...
I can set an alias in the hosts file on a win7 machine and access it just fine but doing the same in Win10 prompts for creds that never work even when entered correctly. What did win10 change? hosts file entry: 127.0.0.1 hostname alias...
I'm trying to copy a ripped movie file (iso) from my G drive to desktop. The file is 45GB. It gets to 99% then a message comes up saying the process can't complete because the System has the file open. I have nothing running and can't find anything...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums