Pin/Unpin is missing from right click context menu

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

  1. Posts : 14
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #21

    What registry entries needed for pin/unpin


    Does anyone know exactly what registry entries that is needed for the menu-options " pin/unpin to startmenu " in the right-click (context-menu).
    As Ive written, they are missing. There is no pin/unpin-options. I have 3-4 more windows10 pc and they are working so I know exactly where they should appear and how to use them when they are there. But they are missing.
    I thought that if I know exactly what entries that is needed for those options to appear in the menu I could see if any is missing in my registry.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 2
    win 10
       #22

    Fix [solution] - pin to start


    Save yourself some time and download a file that does it for you.

    [Fix] Pin To Start Option Missing In Windows - The Winhelponline Blog

    The site has other awesome files to download which has saved me future time as I have been searching for 'show more tiles' answer for 12 hours, and found this legend file which turns the right values from 0 to 1 or 1 to 0 !!!

    Stop searching regedit and gpedit and download the file there is no virus, so you can go to bed. :)

    w10_pin_to-start.zip
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 5
    Windows 10
       #23

    sonicx said:
    Save yourself some time and download a file that does it for you.

    [Fix] Pin To Start Option Missing In Windows - The Winhelponline Blog

    The site has other awesome files to download which has saved me future time as I have been searching for 'show more tiles' answer for 12 hours, and found this legend file which turns the right values from 0 to 1 or 1 to 0 !!!

    Stop searching regedit and gpedit and download the file there is no virus, so you can go to bed. :)

    w10_pin_to-start.zip
    Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwww! Thank you... you are a life saver!!!!
    I really thought that it wouldnt work because I had already tried everything, but still I said why not, and after running that reg file and restarting my pc it worked again!!!. Man I love you, not in an homosexual way... but damn.. i really love you. Thank you sooo much.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 2
    win 10
       #24

    Hello FigueroaMX .... you're welcome! I am rejoicing with you. I have been up until 1am most nights trying to get things back....Wooohoooo! I'm a female too :)

    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...6095&ref=br_rs


    FigueroaMX said:
    Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwww! Thank you... you are a life saver!!!!
    I really thought that it wouldnt work because I had already tried everything, but still I said why not, and after running that reg file and restarting my pc it worked again!!!. Man I love you, not in an homosexual way... but damn.. i really love you. Thank you sooo much.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 5
    Windows 10
       #25

    sonicx said:
    Hello FigueroaMX .... you're welcome! I am rejoicing with you. I have been up until 1am most nights trying to get things back....Wooohoooo! I'm a female too :)

    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...6095&ref=br_rs
    Lol, sorry :P, I did a quick asumption, but I still love you a lot, I sincerely thought that I would have to stay with that problem forever (or until I changed my pc), there should be more people like you, I wish you the best on your work and life :) Thanks again
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 14
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #26

    Unfortunattely, did not do any good for me Have already tried to change those manually (as given in the beginning of this thread). But anyway, thank you for sharing. Better share one time more than one time less
    Last edited by joeyTribbiani; 15 Mar 2016 at 09:49.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 5
    Windows 10
       #27

    I tried that manually too, and it did work anyway with this file.
    Dunno if this can help you, the steps that I did were the following:
    1- Downloaded the reg file
    2- Ran it, and accept everything
    3- Went to the start menu, and everything was the same (the problem wasnt solved)
    4- I ran the reg file again and accepted everything.
    5- Restarted the pc (without checking the start menu)
    6- Login and checking that the start menu worked again.
    Give it a try, i thought it wouldnt work either, but it did.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #28

    sonicx said:
    Hello FigueroaMX .... you're welcome! I am rejoicing with you. I have been up until 1am most nights trying to get things back....Wooohoooo! I'm a female too :)

    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...6095&ref=br_rs
    Thanks, Sonicx and FigueroaMX for the good laugh.

    It's so easy to assume that if the name's not gender specific, it's just gotta be a male. I know, I got caught in the same trap of thinking a gal was a guy. And, of course, Wynona is gender specific.

    What I love about TenForums is that everyone here just accepts that we gals know what we're talking about when we type. :)
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 14
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #29

    Well, what can I say! I tried it again, this time without checking the menu, just run it and restart windows....wait for it, wait for it.... it worked. I have no idea nwhy it didnt work when I did it manually... but who cares. Thank you sonicx!
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:02.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums