What is the OneDrive folder?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. AshleyQuick's Avatar
    Posts : 130
    10
       #1

    What is the OneDrive folder?


    I see a folder titled OneDrive in Windows Explorer and I'm not sure how it works exactly. Can someone explain?
      My Computer

  2. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 59,989
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #2

    Hello Ashley, :)

    OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you saved online to OneDrive.com. When you save files to OneDrive, the files are automatically available to access or share from any device, even if something happens to your PC.

    We have several tutorials for OneDrive, but here are a few below to help learn more about it. Please give them a look through, and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

      My Computers

  3. whs's Avatar
    whs
    Posts : 1,935
    Windows 7
       #3

    The main advantage of One Drive is that you can easily share files. But if you do not want or need to share files, I would not use it.
      My Computer

  4. AshleyQuick's Avatar
    Posts : 130
    10
    Thread Starter
       #4

    So if I place files there, they are actually uploaded to a cloud server?
      My Computer

  5. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 59,989
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #5

    Correct.

    The files will be on your PC and on the cloud.
      My Computers

  6. AshleyQuick's Avatar
    Posts : 130
    10
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Great, thanks for the info! :)

    Brink said:
    Correct.

    The files will be on your PC and on the cloud.
    Last edited by AshleyQuick; 03 Feb 2016 at 19:08.
      My Computer


  7. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 59,989
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #7

    I'm glad we could help. :)
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 1,750
    Windows 10 Home
       #8

    AshleyQuick said:
    So if I place files there, they are actually uploaded to a cloud server?
    Just be aware that whatever is in the OneDrive folders is synced between the cloud and your PC. This means if you add or delete files from a OneDrive folder, say Pictures, they are removed from the OneDrive Cloud as well. So, it is not designed to save you PC space by off loading files to a cloud. You can share files on OneDrive cloud by signing in to onedrive.live.com and right clicking a file and'Share' to get a link to send someone. Enjoy your new found 'toy'.
      My Computer

  9. AshleyQuick's Avatar
    Posts : 130
    10
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Good to know, thank you.

    mrgeek said:

    Just be aware that whatever is in the OneDrive folders is synced between the cloud and your PC. This means if you add or delete files from a OneDrive folder, say Pictures, they are removed from the OneDrive Cloud as well. So, it is not designed to save you PC space by off loading files to a cloud. You can share files on OneDrive cloud by signing in to onedrive.live.com and right clicking a file and'Share' to get a link to send someone. Enjoy your new found 'toy'.
      My Computer

  10. b1rd's Avatar
    Posts : 299
    Win-10 Pro x64
       #10

    This means if you add or delete files from a OneDrive folder, say Pictures, they are removed from the OneDrive Cloud as well
    Yes, good to know indeed, as I was unaware of this aspect of OneDrive.

    b1rd
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:43.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums