Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

  1. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,789
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       03 Feb 2015 #31

    Slartybart said: View Post
    Lots of programs have a Quick Access Bar (QAB) and it is one of the greatest feature. I dislike the ribbon and QAB allows me to quickly find the functions I use most for that pgm.

    Re: charms - look in the Action Center (Notifications icon) by the clock - MS made a good replacement for Charms
    I'll look at that when I get the time, but for now, QuickLaunch serves my purposes with one click rather than several.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       03 Feb 2015 #32

    Wynona said: View Post
    I'll look at that when I get the time, but for now, QuickLaunch serves my purposes with one click rather than several.
    Yeah, they're really two different things (or 3). They're all time savers!

    Bill
    .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       03 Feb 2015 #33

    Wynona said: View Post
    .....
    That's the short reason; however, I have everything I use on a daily or weekly basis to QuickLaunch. It's there ready and waiting for me to grab what I need. Here's what it looks like.

    Attachment 11857
    You might find Bins a useful utility - it's not free though - not expensive either.
    Bins

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	y.PNG 
Views:	55 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	11864
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,789
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       03 Feb 2015 #34

    Slartybart said: View Post
    Wynona said: View Post
    .....
    That's the short reason; however, I have everything I use on a daily or weekly basis to QuickLaunch. It's there ready and waiting for me to grab what I need. Here's what it looks like.

    Attachment 11857
    You might find Bins a useful utility - it's not free though - not expensive either.
    Bins
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	y.PNG 
Views:	55 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	11864
    Cute! I like the layout holding like stuff with like. And the price is quite reasonable.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       03 Feb 2015 #35

    Wynona said: View Post
    Cute! I like the layout holding like stuff with like. And the price is quite reasonable.
    The first time I saw it on a member's screen shot I thought "Now how did they configure that - I want to do it too!" I still think it's a good value and if I ever get to the point where I can't trim down my taskbar, I'll definitely buy it.

    Bill
    .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,789
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       03 Feb 2015 #36

    Slartybart said: View Post
    Wynona said: View Post
    Cute! I like the layout holding like stuff with like. And the price is quite reasonable.
    The first time I saw it on a member's screen shot I thought "Now how did they configure that - I want to do it too!" I still think it's a good value and if I ever get to the point where I can't trim down my taskbar, I'll definitely buy it.

    Bill
    .
    Bill, didn't anyone ever tell you that those "around to it" things never happen?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       03 Feb 2015 #37

    Never is such a long time - things happen, people aren't around to notice - that's ll
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       04 Feb 2015 #38

    Slartybart said: View Post
    Wynona said: View Post
    .....
    That's the short reason; however, I have everything I use on a daily or weekly basis to QuickLaunch. It's there ready and waiting for me to grab what I need. Here's what it looks like.

    Attachment 11857
    You might find Bins a useful utility - it's not free though - not expensive either.
    Bins
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	y.PNG 
Views:	55 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	11864
    Thanks for the information. I just might get that this month.

    Jeff
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 403
    Windows 10 X64
       04 Feb 2015 #39

    Slartybart said: View Post
    Wynona said: View Post
    .....
    That's the short reason; however, I have everything I use on a daily or weekly basis to QuickLaunch. It's there ready and waiting for me to grab what I need. Here's what it looks like.

    Attachment 11857
    You might find Bins a useful utility - it's not free though - not expensive either.
    Bins
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	y.PNG 
Views:	55 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	11864
    Yes Bart,

    i like that very much, i guess it works on Win10?

    Jeff
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 403
    Windows 10 X64
       04 Feb 2015 #40

    No, it is for Win 7/8, so i will wait for Bins or Stardock to get a more modern look on the taskbar

    Jeff
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
File Explorer - Open to 'This PC' or 'Quick access'
How to Open File Explorer to 'This PC' or 'Quick access' by Default in Windows 10 In Windows 10, File Explorer opens to Quick access by default which shows your Frequent folders and Recent files. Frequent folders = Displays up to ten folders...
Tutorials
cannot add anything to Quick Access on Build 101240
I cannot add anything to Quick Access on Build 101240. How can I fix this. 24915
General Support
Solved Removing Quick access from the Navigation
How do you remove Quick access from the left side of your folders when you have the navigation enabled? I can remove all of the icons under it just fine, but I cannot remove Quick access as a whole.
General Support
Solved...Removal of Quick access and DnD
To anyone having this problem, I'm not sure when it started, but all of a sudden I discovered that I did not have the ability to Drag and Drop a file from File Explorer's right pane to the left pane. I get the circle with line through it...
Customization
Get your work done faster with Quick access
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/06/08/get-your-work-done-faster-with-quick-access/ How to Open File Explorer to 'This PC' or 'Quick access' by Default in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Quick access in Navigation Pane...
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:58.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums