Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    25 Jan 2016 #1
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 27
    Windows 10

    Question re: cumulative updates and Media Creation Tool ...


    Hello. Question - when Microsoft releases cumulative patches for Windows 10, does the Media Creation Tool get updated, too? Or does it get updated only for major build releases (e.g. Threshold 2)? Thanks in advance.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    25 Jan 2016 #2
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Penn's Woods
    Posts : 1,182
    Windows 10 Home

    Quote Originally Posted by Omnimaxus View Post
    Hello. Question - when Microsoft releases cumulative patches for Windows 10, does the Media Creation Tool get updated, too? Or does it get updated only for major build releases (e.g. Threshold 2)? Thanks in advance.
    So far, only for major build releases, some time (2 weeks-ish?) after realease to public through WIndows Updates.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    26 Jan 2016 #3
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 27
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Thanks, but how about something more "official" ... ? Has Microsoft actually spoken out regarding this?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    26 Jan 2016 #4
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Penn's Woods
    Posts : 1,182
    Windows 10 Home

    Quote Originally Posted by Omnimaxus View Post
    Thanks, but how about something more "official" ... ? Has Microsoft actually spoken out regarding this?
    Don't know. My statement is strictly anecdotal, i.e., what I've learned here at TenForums and I haven't observed any evidence to the contrary yet. Let me know if you can Google anything up on it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    26 Jan 2016 #5
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 9,149
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Omnimaxus View Post
    Thanks, but how about something more "official" ... ? Has Microsoft actually spoken out regarding this?
    I downloaded ISO's from Tech Bench and the newest Media Creation Tool about 4 days ago. Still build 10586.0. That's what the reality is.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    26 Jan 2016 #6
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 5,472
    Windows10

    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I downloaded ISO's from Tech Bench and the newest Media Creation Tool about 4 days ago. Still build 10586.0. That's what the reality is.
    That is odd because the iso was updated on the servers to 10586.35 recently. Maybe techbench versions are behind media creation tool versions?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    26 Jan 2016 #7
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by cereberus View Post
    That is odd because the iso was updated on the servers to 10586.35 recently. Maybe techbench versions are behind media creation tool versions?
    Once 10586 is installed all of the cumulative updates will be installed and brought up to date.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    26 Jan 2016 #8
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 5,472
    Windows10

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    Once 10586 is installed all of the cumulative updates will be installed and brought up to date.
    Yes of course, but the point was it did seem MS were keeping isos up to date as per OP question. So why have they gone backwards?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    26 Jan 2016 #9
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by cereberus View Post
    Yes of course, but the point was it did seem MS were keeping isos up to date as per OP question. So why have they gone backwards?
    The cumulative updates are not updated into the core builds.. i.e., 10586 you get them after you install that build(10586). As far as I can recall this is the way it's been for 10 all a long.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    26 Jan 2016 #10
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 5,472
    Windows10

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    The cumulative updates are not updated into the core builds.. i.e., 10586 you get them after you install that build(10586). As far as I can recall this is the way it's been for 10 all a long.
    I am afraid I beg to differ - MS did this recently.

    Look at this image. Just downloaded MCT a few minutes ago.

    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Media Creation Tool Question
I have a USB installation thumb drive that I created using the Media Creation Tool back in August 2015 to clean install on a new laptop. I may have the time I need to upgrade my desktop and I am preparing everything I need for a clean install. ...
Installation and Upgrade
Solved Media Creation Tool used -what to do with it now?
The MediaCreationtool.exe sitting on the desktop has done its job of downloading so what to do with it? Can it be moved and stored elsewhere? Does it have any further use?
Windows Updates and Activation
Solved Media Creation Tool will not run
The Media Creation Tool will NOT run at all on my Windows 7 Ultimate desktop and my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro with Windows 8.1. When I try to run it, nothing happens after clicking the message that allows it run. I know it does not start immediately but I...
Installation and Upgrade
Question re: Media Creation Tool and Windows 10 versions ...
Hello. So, I know all about the Media Creation Tool that Microsoft has provided, and I've used it to download an installable ISO of Windows 10 after I got finished upgrading to Windows 10 via the Media Creation Tool. My question is, will Microsoft...
General Support
Solved Media Creation Tool question
I plan on doing a clean install. My question is do I still need to upgrade to windows 10 first or can I just enter the windows 7 key during the clean install of windows 10? Thank you for this information
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:42.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums