Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    26 Jan 2016 #11
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Penn's Woods
    Posts : 1,275
    Windows 10 Home

    Quote Originally Posted by cereberus View Post
    I am afraid I beg to differ - MS did this recently.

    Look at this image. Just downloaded MCT a few minutes ago.

    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    Interesting.... do you plan to pull down that iso and, if so, run DISM get-wiminfo on it?

    If no one else does, I might do it myself for S&G when I get home tonight.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    26 Jan 2016 #12
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by cereberus View Post
    I am afraid I beg to differ - MS did this recently.

    Look at this image. Just downloaded MCT a few minutes ago.

    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

    Cool..
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    26 Jan 2016 #13
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 9,552
    Windows 10 Pro

    The MCT is 10586.35. Run it and you will get build 10586.0 ISO just like I did. And besides, there never was a build 10586.35 of Windows 10 released.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    26 Jan 2016 #14
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 6,384
    Windows10

    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    The MCT is 10586.35. Run it and you will get build 10586.0 ISO just like I did. And besides, there never was a build 10586.35 of Windows 10 released.
    No - people assumed that was just a typo.

    Thanks for clearing this up.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    26 Jan 2016 #15
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 9,552
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by cereberus View Post
    No - people assumed that was just a typo.

    Thanks for clearing this up.
    Just for clarification - I ran the version 10586.35 MCT about 4 days ago and it fetches 10586.0 ISO verified by running DISM /Get-wiminfo on it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    26 Jan 2016 #16
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Philadelphia
    Posts : 1,174
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the process was to use the MCT to create your USB drive, then download the appropriate .iso files from TechBench to replace to actually install code on the USB drive. This way, you get a functioning USB drive, but it uses the latest installers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    26 Jan 2016 #17
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 9,552
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconFrost View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the process was to use the MCT to create your USB drive, then download the appropriate .iso files from TechBench to replace to actually install code on the USB drive. This way, you get a functioning USB drive, but it uses the latest installers.
    The only reason to replace the files on the USB created by the MCT with those downloaded from Tech Bench is to get an install.wim file instead of an install.esd file so that you can point DISM to it at a later date for file repairs. Either way, you still gonna end up with 10586.0.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    26 Jan 2016 #18
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Penn's Woods
    Posts : 1,275
    Windows 10 Home

    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Just for clarification - I ran the version 10586.35 MCT about 4 days ago and it fetches 10586.0 ISO verified by running DISM /Get-wiminfo on it.
    Thanks. Thought I had remembered that you had done so but didn't recall the /Get-wiminfo having been checked out.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    27 Jan 2016 #19
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 27
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Thanks to everyone who replied. Guess we know our answer now.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    19 Jun 2016 #20
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    North Carolina
    Posts : 64
    Multiple systems on multiple computer

    The MCT is now on Version 10586.117 and will download the ISO as 10586.164 (even though the latest is 10586.420)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Media Creation Tool Question
I have a USB installation thumb drive that I created using the Media Creation Tool back in August 2015 to clean install on a new laptop. I may have the time I need to upgrade my desktop and I am preparing everything I need for a clean install. ...
Installation and Upgrade
Solved Media Creation Tool used -what to do with it now?
The MediaCreationtool.exe sitting on the desktop has done its job of downloading so what to do with it? Can it be moved and stored elsewhere? Does it have any further use?
Windows Updates and Activation
Solved Media Creation Tool will not run
The Media Creation Tool will NOT run at all on my Windows 7 Ultimate desktop and my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro with Windows 8.1. When I try to run it, nothing happens after clicking the message that allows it run. I know it does not start immediately but I...
Installation and Upgrade
Question re: Media Creation Tool and Windows 10 versions ...
Hello. So, I know all about the Media Creation Tool that Microsoft has provided, and I've used it to download an installable ISO of Windows 10 after I got finished upgrading to Windows 10 via the Media Creation Tool. My question is, will Microsoft...
General Support
Solved Media Creation Tool question
I plan on doing a clean install. My question is do I still need to upgrade to windows 10 first or can I just enter the windows 7 key during the clean install of windows 10? Thank you for this information
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums