Windows 10: Windows 7 & Windows 8 Users Can Now Upgrade to Windows 10 Solved

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 945
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit 15063 Multiprocessor Free
    Thread Starter
       27 Jan 2015 #71

    I am getting an external hard drive with the system image already on it. It should be here anytime. I would have to contact Acer about the recovery disks. I think it would be best to wait on the finished version.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 8,304
    Windows 10 Professional
       27 Jan 2015 #72

    Jesse Williams said: View Post
    I am getting an external hard drive with the system image already on it. It should be here anytime. I would have to contact Acer about the recovery disks. I think it would be best to wait on the finished version.
    K, you may be right, that might be wise.
    Just out of curiosity, what is your Partition style?:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	11157
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       27 Jan 2015 #73

    Jesse Williams said: View Post
    I am getting an external hard drive with the system image already on it. It should be here anytime. I would have to contact Acer about the recovery disks. I think it would be best to wait on the finished version.
    Check your start menu/screen to see if there is an Acer Create Recovery media or Acer Create Install Discs. Most mfrs put the Factory 'discs' on a Recovery Partition and you should be able to create a set (HPs make 4 DVDs -Windows , lots of bloat + base drivers).
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 945
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit 15063 Multiprocessor Free
    Thread Starter
       27 Jan 2015 #74

    Edwin said: View Post
    Jesse Williams said: View Post
    I am getting an external hard drive with the system image already on it. It should be here anytime. I would have to contact Acer about the recovery disks. I think it would be best to wait on the finished version.
    K, you may be right, that might be wise.
    Just out of curiosity, what is your Partition style?:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	11157
    Partition Style

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Partition Style.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	114.5 KB 
ID:	11159
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       27 Jan 2015 #75

    Jesse,

    There is only one line you need to remove from the System Information text file

    The line that contain your SKU

    If you haven't run it yet (WinKey+R and type msinfo32 into the Run box
    when it finishes collection the inforamtion
    export the report to a text file(.txt)

    Open the System Infomation text file with notepad and
    look on the first page, not far down, for
    System SKU
    -> delete that entire line
    save the report and then attach it to a post.

    Thanks

    Oh, good news, the first drive is GPT - no worries at all

    I'll head out, you're in good hands with Edwin.

    Bill
    .
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 945
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit 15063 Multiprocessor Free
    Thread Starter
       27 Jan 2015 #76

    Slartybart said: View Post
    Jesse,

    There is only one line you need to remove from the System Information text file

    The line that contain your SKU

    If you haven't run it yet (WinKey+R and type msinfo32 into the Run box
    when it finishes collection the inforamtion
    export the report to a text file(.txt)

    Open the System Infomation text file with notepad and
    look on the first page, not far down, for
    System SKU
    -> delete that entire line
    save the report and then attach it to a post.

    Thanks

    Oh, good news, the first drive is GPT - no worries at all

    Bill
    .


    you can run it again and export the report to a text file (.txt)
    Okay. Why is that good news, that the first drive is GPT?
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 945
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit 15063 Multiprocessor Free
    Thread Starter
       27 Jan 2015 #77

    System SKU is already blank. Also, do I need to upload my system information file?
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 8,304
    Windows 10 Professional
       27 Jan 2015 #78

    Jesse Williams said: View Post
    System SKU is already blank. Also, do I need to upload my system information file?
    Naw, you should be good to go.
    You gonna try it or are you going to wait?
    I have to be elsewhere shortly.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 945
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit 15063 Multiprocessor Free
    Thread Starter
       27 Jan 2015 #79

    Edwin said: View Post
    Jesse Williams said: View Post
    System SKU is already blank. Also, do I need to upload my system information file?
    Naw, you should be good to go.
    You gonna try it or are you going to wait?
    I have to be elsewhere shortly.
    Edwin, sorry to sound airheaded. But, am I going to try what?
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 945
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit 15063 Multiprocessor Free
    Thread Starter
       27 Jan 2015 #80

    Slartybart said: View Post
    Jesse Williams said: View Post
    I am getting an external hard drive with the system image already on it. It should be here anytime. I would have to contact Acer about the recovery disks. I think it would be best to wait on the finished version.
    Check your start menu/screen to see if there is an Acer Create Recovery media or Acer Create Install Discs. Most mfrs put the Factory 'discs' on a Recovery Partition and you should be able to create a set (HPs make 4 DVDs -Windows , lots of bloat + base drivers).
    Bill, I will check. My Acer laptops came with what you are talking about.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Sorry, PC vendors: The free Windows 10 upgrade means users won't be buying new PCs | PCWorld
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58.
Find Us