Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    22 Jan 2016 #21
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,046
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Screen getting faint in back round when a Prompt comes up is not an issue if this is what you mean to. Uninstalled graphics drivers many times, but have you ever tried an older version of this driver, say right before this new one ? Now never tried how it reacts in safe mode to eliminate the possibility of another driver or software and or running process.

    Third party Themes i am not sure if will cause an issue as i never used one. Another thing mentioned way back in this post was to use a program called HWinfo to monitor temps for graphics card. Testing the Graphics Card will stress it to see how it reacts temperature wise and if there is an issue, first see how temps are then with HWinfo and try in Safe mode.

    As can be hardware, but as mentioned can be some other process (software) or driver conflicts.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    22 Jan 2016 #22
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Posts : 52
    Windows 10 Version 1703 (x64)
    Thread Starter

    Hey jds63, Hope you're doing great, I just tried it under safe-mode and guess what?!.. It didn't happen!

    I also noticed something yesterday, I was trying to play Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare yesterday, I noticed that when i changed the graphic settings a little bit, the videos was like.. breaking up or something, But the game play itself was ok.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 003.png  
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    22 Jan 2016 #23
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,046
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal90 View Post
    Hey jds63, Hope you're doing great, I just tried it under safe-mode and guess what?!.. It didn't happen!

    I also noticed something yesterday, I was trying to play Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare yesterday, I noticed that when i changed the graphic settings a little bit, the videos was like.. breaking up or something, But the game play itself was ok.
    Thanks for asking, i am good, waiting on upcoming blizzard here tomorrow.
    This as said from the beginning only happened basically at startup. What did you exactly try in safe mode and how long were you using it ? PC Games, talking about settings within the game ? As i am not sure which settings.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    22 Jan 2016 #24
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Posts : 52
    Windows 10 Version 1703 (x64)
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Thanks for asking, i am good, waiting on upcoming blizzard here tomorrow.
    This as said from the beginning only happened basically at startup. What did you exactly try in safe mode and how long were you using it ? PC Games, talking about settings within the game ? As i am not sure which settings.
    Yes this problem used to happen only at startup, But his one is happening anytime (even after using my pc for hours), The settings i changed in the game was video/graphic settings. So what do i think i shall do now?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    22 Jan 2016 #25
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,046
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal90 View Post
    Yes this problem used to happen only at startup, But his one is happening anytime (even after using my pc for hours), The settings i changed in the game was video/graphic settings. So what do i think i shall do now?
    Alright, lets kind of start from the beginning it was told the screen flashes black then back to normal and seems to look like a build up in picture as it comes back. So if this is occurring more often then originally stated and does not happen then in safe mode at all.

    Maybe i am forgetting but does it happen without doing anything at all on PC, say when idle or only when clicking something ?
    When safe mode is fine in most cases it points to a conflict with graphics driver, another driver or running process from a software.

    Not sure of exact model AMD card you have, i mentioned about trying stress test and using HWmonitor to check temps.
    If want to stress it to test the card to see if it reacts to this issue , but it would also be best to monitor the temps at the time.
    FurMark makes one you can try, run only the Bur-in Test for 10 min. or so, use HWinfo to monitor temps.
    http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/
    Would be careful with this as only to run for a bit, in case of. At this point i do not feel it might be the hardware, more so program or driver.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    23 Jan 2016 #26
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Posts : 52
    Windows 10 Version 1703 (x64)
    Thread Starter

    You know what, I'm gonna double check all the drivers again (to make sure i got the latest one), and do a fresh windows installation for the last time, I'm really considering downgrading to 8.1, never had such issues with it, maybe it's a incompatibility thing, i don't know, my pc isn't that old though.. Thanks for helping mate.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    23 Jan 2016 #27
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,046
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal90 View Post
    You know what, I'm gonna double check all the drivers again (to make sure i got the latest one), and do a fresh windows installation for the last time, I'm really considering downgrading to 8.1, never had such issues with it, maybe it's a incompatibility thing, i don't know, my pc isn't that old though.. Thanks for helping mate.

    I know it can get frustrating at times trying to figure out problems on a PC and thinking to again go the route of reinstalling may solve your issues. Sometimes you need to test each area to make sure, otherwise you might be back to same problem because you keep skipping steps out of frustrations and wanting to fix it. Yeah truthfully it maybe a conflict thing as safe mode worked fine mattering to how long you used it to know for sure. So by reinstalling, once you put back the conflicting process or driver the same may happen again.
    Your Welcome Surreal,anytime !
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Slow Animation on 2nd Startup Screen / Can't Load Windows
I am running Windows 10 1511 10836, having upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 back in August 2015. This morning when I turned on my Lenovo B575 laptop, after the first Windows screen with animated circling dots at the bottom, when it refreshed...
Installation and Upgrade
Settings screen only flashes up then disappears - SFC and DISM issues
I hope someone can help. W10 (64 bit Home) has been working OK on this laptop but recently I have been able to open the settings screen for only a micro-second. Having found people having the same problem I have tried running SFC several times, as...
Performance & Maintenance
Help! Since windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 screen flashes black?
Ok first of all my pc is originally windows 7 then 8.1 then 10 pro. I upgraded a day after the release. Ever since the day of the release I have been having issues with a black flashing screen every once in a while sometimes a few times a day. ...
General Support
Microsoft Confirms Desktop Screen Flashes Bug in Windows 10
Microsoft Confirms Desktop Screen Flashes Bug in Windows 10, Offers Fix read more
Windows 10 News
Screen flashes at start up menu
After installing Windows 10 my laptop screen is flashing during thw start up menu. Some of the icons are loaded, others are not. The screen flashes constantly. I have not attempted to go into safe mode yet. My laptop met all the requirements for...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:20.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums