Windows 10: Screen flashes after windows startup

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    15 Jan 2016 #11

    Try it in safe mode to see if it occurs
    Don't know if it's still an issue, but I was wondering if you tried the suggestion of Safemode?

    b1rd
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 52
    Windows 10 Version 1703 (x64)
    Thread Starter
       16 Jan 2016 #12

    Thanks guys for trying to help, after testing my pc for a while, it seems that it was resolved after reinstalling a couple of stuff. Hopefully that it's gone for good..
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 3,034
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       16 Jan 2016 #13

    Surreal90 said: View Post
    Thanks guys for trying to help, after testing my pc for a while, it seems that it was resolved after reinstalling a couple of stuff. Hopefully that it's gone for good..
    Not sure on this myself said uninstalled your AMD driver but did you replace it with another driver version because will need the driver for this ? Also not sure what else except i explained about monitor driver. Good to be more detailed on how you feel it maybe fixed for others who may look at this post. Could of left it unresolved for few more days to make certain it was resolved. Your Welcome !
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 52
    Windows 10 Version 1703 (x64)
    Thread Starter
       16 Jan 2016 #14

    Okay, I'm gonna sum it up:
    1- I used "Display Driver Uninstaller aka DDU" to uninstall my display driver. (It takes place in safemode and disable the auto download that for the driver that is made by windows/windows updates)
    2- Reinstalled amd driver (I already had the latest one, but double checked it anyway).
    3- Uninstalled the monitor driver (Yeah, most if not all of monitors does not need/require a driver, but for me i like everything to be recognized by device manager, not a fan of those generic drivers)
    4- Not sure if changing the UAC level has anything to do with it, But i noticed that sometimes that issue happened when i get something that has a UAC screen prompt (Like when the screen dim, when launching something that would modify your systemm you know?), So i tried to change it.
    Note: when i tried to google this issue, found a few solutions for fixing it, one of them was disabling UAC, Because the guy used to have kinda the same problem, but only when launching something that with a UAC prompt, (In my case it was happening with almost everything).
    5- Also i had an app which is called MacType (That makes fonts smooth and stuff), I changed some of the settings, From service mode to registry.

    I guess that's mostly all what i did.

    Edit: I changed it to unsolved, maybe it would happen again! hopefully not .
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 3,034
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       16 Jan 2016 #15

    Surreal90 said: View Post
    Okay, I'm gonna sum it up:
    1- I used "Display Driver Uninstaller aka DDU" to uninstall my display driver. (It takes place in safemode and disable the auto download that for the driver that is made by windows/windows updates)
    2- Reinstalled amd driver (I already had the latest one, but double checked it anyway).
    3- Uninstalled the monitor driver (Yeah, most if not all of monitors does not need/require a driver, but for me i like everything to be recognized by device manager, not a fan of those generic drivers)
    4- Not sure if changing the UAC level has anything to do with it, But i noticed that sometimes that issue happened when i get something that require a screen prompt by UAC (Like when the screen dim, you know?), So i tried to change it a bit.
    Note: when i tried to google this issue, found a few solutions for fixing it, one of them was disabling UAC, Because they guy used to have this problem but only when launching something that shows a UAC prompt, (In my case it was with everything).
    5- Also i had an app which is called MacType (That makes fonts smooth and stuff), I changed some of the settings, From service mode to registry.

    I guess that's mostly all what i did.
    O.K. more detailed. My monitor in Device Manager uses a Generic PnP and works fine i know some monitors will give you software drivers for reasons of some app, but monitors are plug and play and windows will use an appropriate one. If look in Display Properties as with mine even without a ASUS driver as my monitor is i will see my monitors model number.

    Maybe that MacType one sounds like a possibility out of all. Think you reinstalled the AMD drivers more then once to say that was it and still can not see how UAC prompt does it, but as said putting it higher then default is going to cause it to react more often then before, so if the issue will only be worse. Keep it for few more days as said unsolved to make sure.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 52
    Windows 10 Version 1703 (x64)
    Thread Starter
       16 Jan 2016 #16

    So you saying that the monitor driver is useless?, I used to setup my monitor driver and also change color management to the "right"/appropriate profile that come with the driver, To be honest i never felt much difference, maybe because i don't have a fancy monitor?, Anyway, I thought MacType was maybe one of the reasons behind this issue too, But i remember that one of the time it was disabled (When you open it gives you the option to be: Disabled - Start manually, Run as a service, Get written in a registry key)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 3,034
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       16 Jan 2016 #17

    Surreal90 said: View Post
    So you saying that the monitor driver is useless?, I used to setup my monitor driver and also change color management to the "right"/appropriate profile that come with the driver, To be honest i never felt much difference, maybe because i don't have a fancy monitor?, Anyway, I thought MacType was maybe one of the reasons behind this issue too, But i remember that one of the time it was disabled (When you open it gives you the option to be: Disabled - Start manually, Run as a service, Get written in a registry key)
    Saying monitor does not have a menu button on it and settings to change color, contrast, brightness, etc..., this can be done within windows and in your Graphics card. Not saying it is the cause of your issue if want to use it, use it. Most cases it is given for certain reasons like an application for monitor. Definitely always try to cut back on startup items if not needed to run at startup and maybe disabling this MacType then. Maybe not compatible with Windows 10,MacType, did you check this ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 52
    Windows 10 Version 1703 (x64)
    Thread Starter
       16 Jan 2016 #18

    Aha, I see, Thanks for explaining it, This version of MacType is kinda old yeah (from 2013-2014), But it used to work on windows 8.1, The weird thing is, it's now enabled and not giving my any problem, And i tried many things in between (the ones i mentioned before) so i'm not sure 100% sure what caused it in the first place.. Anyway let's wait and see..
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 3,034
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       16 Jan 2016 #19

    Surreal90 said: View Post
    Aha, I see, Thanks for explaining it, This version of MacType is kinda old yeah (from 2013-2014), But it used to work on windows 8.1, The weird thing is, it's now enabled and not giving my any problem, And i tried many things in between (the ones i mentioned before) so i'm not sure 100% sure what caused it in the first place.. Anyway let's wait and see..
    Seems like a program that might effect picture since it deals with fonts. My first thoughts on this issue are always something with graphics card, whether it be the drivers or a conflict from another driver or program. Only other thing is bad hardware or connections. 2013- 2014 is not that old and may work on Windows 10,check the manufacturer's system requirements on this program again and for updates
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 52
    Windows 10 Version 1703 (x64)
    Thread Starter
       22 Jan 2016 #20

    Well, I've been testing it for a few days now, and i haven't been facing it, Do i need to run a gpu test or something? just to make sure nothing is wrong with it?

    Update: It happened again but only (and only) when i try to pause Kaspersky protection, could that be a problem with the Windows or Kaspersky?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	60055

    Notes: Not using any modified system files (uxtheme, etc..) or a custom themes.
    OS Version: 10.0.10586 Enterprise x64 1511 TH2
    Kaspersky Version: 16.0.1.445
    Last edited by Surreal90; 22 Jan 2016 at 10:05.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Related Threads
I am running Windows 10 1511 10836, having upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 back in August 2015. This morning when I turned on my Lenovo B575 laptop, after the first Windows screen with animated circling dots at the bottom, when it refreshed...
I hope someone can help. W10 (64 bit Home) has been working OK on this laptop but recently I have been able to open the settings screen for only a micro-second. Having found people having the same problem I have tried running SFC several times, as...
Ok first of all my pc is originally windows 7 then 8.1 then 10 pro. I upgraded a day after the release. Ever since the day of the release I have been having issues with a black flashing screen every once in a while sometimes a few times a day. ...
Microsoft Confirms Desktop Screen Flashes Bug in Windows 10, Offers Fix read more
After installing Windows 10 my laptop screen is flashing during thw start up menu. Some of the icons are loaded, others are not. The screen flashes constantly. I have not attempted to go into safe mode yet. My laptop met all the requirements for...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20.
Find Us