Windows 10: Free Windows 10 upgrade a permanent license?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

  1. Posts : 167
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64
    Thread Starter
       27 Jan 2015 #31

    It is considering the subject of the thread. "It seems inconceivable" doesn't preempt discussions from happening, and the number of times in computing where something wasn't discussed out of surety there would be no problem, and it turns out to have been a problem that should have been discussed, is very great.

    The considering stands. And "it seems inconceivable" just highlights the significance of the matter, and makes all the more understandable that it would be discussed openly by those who could become affected by it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    27 Jan 2015 #32

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Lee said: View Post
    See all the children are out playing. . .really mom it wasn't my fault. . .he did not me. . .
    Yes,.. but they're allowed to their thoughts even if they're incorrect.
    Never said they couldn't . . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 167
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64
    Thread Starter
       27 Jan 2015 #33

    Why are you wasting your efforts flame-baiting? It lowers the stature of your opinion by reflecting the caliber of person it came from.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    27 Jan 2015 #34

    badrobot said: View Post
    Don't do it..... yet.
    Too late!


    But … after a while it seems my wifi driver was replaced with one from the same company as my Bluetooth module (meaning: it killed itself) and as soon as I plug in the ethernet cable the computer BSODs (and BSODs when it gets to the point of the startup when it loads the network drivers).

    However, they make it dead simple to revert to the old OS. It's in update and recovery and took three clicks and half an hour.
    alphanumeric said: View Post

    You didn't happen to go here, Microsoft Releases Windows 10 Preparation Tool For Windows 8.1 And Windows 7 PCs and run that tool did you?
    No, but I did register for the TP on my account that my computer is linked to.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    27 Jan 2015 #35

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Lee said: View Post
    See all the children are out playing. . .really mom it wasn't my fault. . .he did not me. . .
    Yes,.. but they're allowed to their thoughts even if they're incorrect.
    Never said they couldn't . . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 4,347
    Win 10 Pro x64
       27 Jan 2015 #36

    futurdreamz said: View Post

    Too late!





    But … after a while it seems my wifi driver was replaced with one from the same company as my Bluetooth module (meaning: it killed itself) and as soon as I plug in the ethernet cable the computer BSODs (and BSODs when it gets to the point of the startup when it loads the network drivers).



    However, they make it dead simple to revert to the old OS. It's in update and recovery and took three clicks and half an hour.

    alphanumeric said: View Post



    You didn't happen to go here, Microsoft Releases Windows 10 Preparation Tool For Windows 8.1 And Windows 7 PCs and run that tool did you?


    No, but I did register for the TP on my account that my computer is linked to.

    Never use your personal info for things like beta testing or online giveaways. Just create dummy ones to avoid a mess like that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 167
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64
    Thread Starter
       27 Jan 2015 #37

    Lee said: View Post
    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Lee said: View Post
    See all the children are out playing. . .really mom it wasn't my fault. . .he did not me. . .
    Yes,.. but they're allowed to their thoughts even if they're incorrect.
    Never said they couldn't . . .
    Embarrassing behaviour, and it only emphasizes what I said: Why are you wasting your efforts flame-baiting? It lowers the stature of your opinion by reflecting the caliber of person it came from.

      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    27 Jan 2015 #38

    Delicieuxz said: View Post
    Lee said: View Post
    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Lee said: View Post
    See all the children are out playing. . .really mom it wasn't my fault. . .he did not me. . .
    Yes,.. but they're allowed to their thoughts even if they're incorrect.
    Never said they couldn't . . .
    Embarrassing behaviour, and it only emphasizes what I said: Why are you wasting your efforts flame-baiting? It lowers the stature of your opinion by reflecting the caliber of person it came from.

    Why ?, because you are attempting to blame someone/something that is your fault. . .nothing more nothing less.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 4,347
    Win 10 Pro x64
       27 Jan 2015 #39

    Enough. Go to your "naughty corners".
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 167
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64
    Thread Starter
       27 Jan 2015 #40

    Lee said: View Post
    Delicieuxz said: View Post
    Lee said: View Post
    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Lee said: View Post
    See all the children are out playing. . .really mom it wasn't my fault. . .he did not me. . .
    Yes,.. but they're allowed to their thoughts even if they're incorrect.
    Never said they couldn't . . .
    Embarrassing behaviour, and it only emphasizes what I said: Why are you wasting your efforts flame-baiting? It lowers the stature of your opinion by reflecting the caliber of person it came from.

    Why ?, because you are attempting to blame someone/something that is your fault. . .nothing more nothing less.
    Blaming is not a matter of discussion, whereas attributing responsibilities where they aptly lie is valid discussion. Your flame-baiting is not valid, and is not intelligent... nor is your attempt to shift criticism of it with the line "Why ?, because you are attempting to blame someone/something that is your fault" - which is hypocrisy, and again, unintelligent that it was not recognized as such.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Related Threads
This may already have been answered, but I haven't seen it answered in a way that I thought captured the significant details. Scenario: I have a PC with a retail copy of Win 8.1 Pro installed and activated. I get the free Win 10 Pro upgrade by...
So the MS position on upgraded Win 7 / 8 machines is straight-forward: for the life of the device. But what does this mean for non-OEM people, who are using a retail Windows license, which they upgrade to Windows 10? If they get a new PC, and...
Currently I dual-boot 8.1 and 10 TP, my computer comes with Windows 8 and therefore is eligable for a free upgrade to 10. I'm happy with the stability of Windows 10 TP, so I'm asking this: Can I upgrade my OEM license Windows 8.1 install to the...
Hi geeks. Generally speaking I am not a friend of these tuning and optimizing tools. I have not found a single utility to optimize my PC which does something I cannot do manually by myself. However, for those who like this kind of apps, check...
Hello this is my first post so "Hi!". I've read on Wikipedia that the Windows 10 free upgrade will offered to all users of "consumer editions" of Windows 7 and 8.1. I'm currently at a stage where I need to do a fresh install of Windows 7 but do...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24.
Find Us