Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    26 Jan 2015 #1

    How do you turn off live tiles?


    guess the tile says it all, I can not see how you turn on/off live tiles, am I missing something?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,534
    OS X, Win 10
       26 Jan 2015 #2

    Trust_No1 said: View Post
    guess the tile says it all, I can not see how you turn on/off live tiles, am I missing something?
    No your not missing anything. I too want to turn them off. . .just can't figure out the how. . .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3.    26 Jan 2015 #3

    Dumb question, perhaps. Which live tiles are your referring to?
    Last edited by davehc; 26 Jan 2015 at 09:13.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Oct 2013
    Canada
    Posts : 798
    Windows 10 Home/10 Pro x 3/Windows 10 Insider Preview ?
       26 Jan 2015 #4

    This was mentioned in another Thread, as you can see the option to hide or enable a live tile has been removed from the right-click menu. I had to manually edit my location of the weather tile with paint in Win 10.



    Win 8.1



    Win 10 TP
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.    26 Jan 2015 #5

    Still not sure I am on the same subject.?? I opened mine and, as usual, directed it to the town where I live. Looks fine. I can turn the tile off, and, visually, it returns to the blank default. I then need to open it for it to find its way again.

    If I want to lose the tiles altogether, I just "Unpin from Start"
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2013
    Canada
    Posts : 798
    Windows 10 Home/10 Pro x 3/Windows 10 Insider Preview ?
       26 Jan 2015 #6

    davehc said: View Post
    Still not sure I am on the same subject.?? I opened mine and, as usual, directed it to the town where I live. Looks fine. I can turn the tile off, and, visually, it returns to the blank default. I then need to open it for it to find its way again.

    If I want to lose the tiles altogether, I just "Unpin from Start"
    davehc if I interpret your screenshot correctly you are using the old resizable start menu with this new build and that is why you are still able to turn a live tile on or off, If one is using the new Start Menu native to 9926 build then the option to turn live tiles on or off is no longer available.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2014
    New Jersey
    Posts : 677
    Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64
       26 Jan 2015 #7

    Oh ya, that`s the way to go, Thank You Brink

    I wonder if Greg saw that ?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8.    26 Jan 2015 #8

    IownAmoneyPit said: View Post
    davehc said: View Post
    Still not sure I am on the same subject.?? I opened mine and, as usual, directed it to the town where I live. Looks fine. I can turn the tile off, and, visually, it returns to the blank default. I then need to open it for it to find its way again.

    If I want to lose the tiles altogether, I just "Unpin from Start"
    davehc if I interpret your screenshot correctly you are using the old resizable start menu with this new build and that is why you are still able to turn a live tile on or off, If one is using the new Start Menu native to 9926 build then the option to turn live tiles on or off is no longer available.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html
    Not me. I have done nothing too it.? fwiw. I cannot resize it. I'll have a look at the link and see how it compares to what I have.

    P.S. Later. Nope. Done none of those things. This was a clean install, by the way??
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,393
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15007
       26 Jan 2015 #9

    davehc said: View Post
    IownAmoneyPit said: View Post
    davehc said: View Post
    Still not sure I am on the same subject.?? I opened mine and, as usual, directed it to the town where I live. Looks fine. I can turn the tile off, and, visually, it returns to the blank default. I then need to open it for it to find its way again.

    If I want to lose the tiles altogether, I just "Unpin from Start"
    davehc if I interpret your screenshot correctly you are using the old resizable start menu with this new build and that is why you are still able to turn a live tile on or off, If one is using the new Start Menu native to 9926 build then the option to turn live tiles on or off is no longer available.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html
    Not me. I have done nothing too it.? fwiw. I cannot resize it. I'll have a look at the link and see how it compares to what I have.

    P.S. Later. Nope. Done none of those things. This was a clean install, by the way??
    Hello Dave,

    Do you see this below when trying to resize the Start menu? You'll have to be using the older resizable Start menu to be able to instead of the newer expandable Start menu.

    Start Menu - Resize in Windows 10
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2013
    Canada
    Posts : 798
    Windows 10 Home/10 Pro x 3/Windows 10 Insider Preview ?
       26 Jan 2015 #10

    davehc said: View Post
    IownAmoneyPit said: View Post
    davehc said: View Post
    Still not sure I am on the same subject.?? I opened mine and, as usual, directed it to the town where I live. Looks fine. I can turn the tile off, and, visually, it returns to the blank default. I then need to open it for it to find its way again.

    If I want to lose the tiles altogether, I just "Unpin from Start"
    davehc if I interpret your screenshot correctly you are using the old resizable start menu with this new build and that is why you are still able to turn a live tile on or off, If one is using the new Start Menu native to 9926 build then the option to turn live tiles on or off is no longer available.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html
    Not me. I have done nothing too it.? fwiw. I cannot resize it. I'll have a look at the link and see how it compares to what I have.

    P.S. Later. Nope. Done none of those things. This was a clean install, by the way??
    My reply was based on your screenshot of your Start Menu in post #5 which looks different than mine (Note the difference between the edges & expandable button in the top RH corner), As to why they are different is a mystery.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dave.PNG 
Views:	661 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	11048

    A partial snip from your Start Menu in post #5

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Me.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	11047

    My Start Menu
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Live Tiles - Turn On or Off for Apps on Start in Windows 10
How to Turn Live Tiles On or Off for Apps on Start in Windows 10 A tile is a modern app’s representation on the Start menu in Windows 10, and can be either static or live. Windows 10 includes a new 3D animation for live tiles, and allows you...
Tutorials
Live Tiles
Just upgraded to windows 10 and the live tiles do not work any ideas what to do?
Software and Apps
Live Tiles on desktop without opening the App--Possible or not
Hi there Is it possible to simply have a Live Tile on the desktop without opening the entire app. I'd rather like to have say the DOW / FTSE indices updating on the desktop simply in a Tile --rather like the old W7 Gadgets. Cheers jimbo
General Support
Start - Show more tiles - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile
How to Turn On or Off 'Show more tiles' on Start in Windows 10 Mobile for Phones A Tile is an image that represents your app on the Start screen. When Show more tiles is on, Tiles can still be resized and moved as before—except you can now fit...
Tutorials
Do Live Tiles Have a Future in Windows 10?
More
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums