Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    25 Jan 2015 #1
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 69
    Dual boot W7 & W8.1

    windows won't stay put


    I guess I'm a little OCD but I like to center the windows, like control panel, personalization my pc etc. Everytime I get them perfectly centered on the desktop when I close the windows and reopen them, they're not centered. In W7 or W8.1 they stay locked in position. Is there a cure for that or should I just take an extra Prozac
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    25 Jan 2015 #2
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    I would just wait for the next build and it might be fixed. But I would not bet on it though.

    And thank you for your service!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    25 Jan 2015 #3
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 729
    win 7 dual boot / 10

    Quote Originally Posted by usmc362 View Post
    I guess I'm a little OCD but I like to center the windows, like control panel, personalization my pc etc. Everytime I get them perfectly centered on the desktop when I close the windows and reopen them, they're not centered. In W7 or W8.1 they stay locked in position. Is there a cure for that or should I just take an extra Prozac
    Hey Friend. Not sure but my windows are staying where the was when I closed them. Tried the same ones you spoke of and not a problem? Have you added any third party apps to your desktop? Maybe a restart or two would make it stable again. Welcome to the forums and have a happy day
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    25 Jan 2015 #4
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 69
    Dual boot W7 & W8.1
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by usmc362 View Post
    I guess I'm a little OCD but I like to center the windows, like control panel, personalization my pc etc. Everytime I get them perfectly centered on the desktop when I close the windows and reopen them, they're not centered. In W7 or W8.1 they stay locked in position. Is there a cure for that or should I just take an extra Prozac
    Hey Friend. Not sure but my windows are staying where the was when I closed them. Tried the same ones you spoke of and not a problem? Have you added any third party apps to your desktop? Maybe a restart or two would make it stable again. Welcome to the forums and have a happy day
    I'm using build 9926. Is that what you're using?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    25 Jan 2015 #5
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 729
    win 7 dual boot / 10

    Quote Originally Posted by usmc362 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by usmc362 View Post
    I guess I'm a little OCD but I like to center the windows, like control panel, personalization my pc etc. Everytime I get them perfectly centered on the desktop when I close the windows and reopen them, they're not centered. In W7 or W8.1 they stay locked in position. Is there a cure for that or should I just take an extra Prozac
    Hey Friend. Not sure but my windows are staying where the was when I closed them. Tried the same ones you spoke of and not a problem? Have you added any third party apps to your desktop? Maybe a restart or two would make it stable again. Welcome to the forums and have a happy day
    I'm using build 9926. Is that what you're using?
    Yes I am using 9926 but maybe I am not understanding what your problem is.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    25 Jan 2015 #6
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 69
    Dual boot W7 & W8.1
    Thread Starter

    You see the way the window is centered on the desktop? I can't do that in W10. It keeps moving everytime I reopen it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.jpg  
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    25 Jan 2015 #7
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 729
    win 7 dual boot / 10

    Thats what I thought you ment. So have you installed windows updates. There was one that needed to be installed to help some bugs?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    25 Jan 2015 #8
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 69
    Dual boot W7 & W8.1
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Thats what I thought you ment. So have you installed windows updates. There was one that needed to be installed to help some bugs?
    Ok I'll try that. I hadn't installed any updates. Thanks Charlie BTW where in Jersey are you? I'm in Lakewood. Looks like we're going to get hammered Tue&WEd. with snow.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    25 Jan 2015 #9
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 729
    win 7 dual boot / 10

    Quote Originally Posted by usmc362 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Thats what I thought you ment. So have you installed windows updates. There was one that needed to be installed to help some bugs?
    Ok I'll try that. I hadn't installed any updates. Thanks Charlie BTW where in Jersey are you? I'm in Lakewood. Looks like we're going to get hammered Tue&WEd. with snow.
    Yeah. Windows should have installed the updates by now. But you can have a look see in settings / updates/ veiw history
    Don't think we are in for any snow here in the mid west. Wish we was my garden could use the moisture.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    25 Jan 2015 #10
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 69
    Dual boot W7 & W8.1
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by usmc362 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Thats what I thought you ment. So have you installed windows updates. There was one that needed to be installed to help some bugs?
    Ok I'll try that. I hadn't installed any updates. Thanks Charlie BTW where in Jersey are you? I'm in Lakewood. Looks like we're going to get hammered Tue&WEd. with snow.
    Yeah. Windows should have installed the updates by now. But you can have a look see in settings / updates/ veiw history
    Don't think we are in for any snow here in the mid west. Wish we was my garden could use the moisture.
    Well I installed what updates there were but still have that problem. Is there a new build coming out in the next few days?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Build 10159 - Internet Explorer Will Not Stay Closed
Upgraded my desktop PC to 10159 Pro from 10130 which was an upgrade from 8.1 Pro. Almost every time I close IE, it reopens with the message "Internet Explorer IS Restarting". Somehow it seems to be interpreting a normal close as an abnormal close....
Browsers and Email
Windows 10 is here to stay, Windows 7 is the new XP
How do you plan to use Windows 10?
General Support
Windows 10 is here to stay, Windows 7 is the new XP
Chillout Room
Desktop to Stay
Can't wait for Windows 9. I posted this on Windows 8 forum and the H8erts came out AGAIN. Loved Windows 7 Forum but Windows 8 Forum is getting to be a boar. Jim :banghead: Two good articles from Mary Jo. Interview with Terry Myerson,...
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums