No longer able to view desktop...ONLY full start screen. HELP!


  1. Posts : 4
    Windows 10
       #1

    No longer able to view desktop...ONLY full start screen. HELP!


    My computer has a mind of its own apparently. I can no longer view my regular desktop. All I get is the full start screen with all the stupid tiles on it. I have tried changing my settings, restarting, shutting down and rebooting, nothing is working. When I click the windows logo all I get is that same full start screen. Am I missing something?

    All I want is for it to show me my regular, normal desktop. Not these stupid tiles!
      My Computer

  2. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,461
    Windows 10
       #2

    xraychick01 said:
    My computer has a mind of its own apparently. I can no longer view my regular desktop. All I get is the full start screen with all the stupid tiles on it. I have tried changing my settings, restarting, shutting down and rebooting, nothing is working. When I click the windows logo all I get is that same full start screen. Am I missing something?

    All I want is for it to show me my regular, normal desktop. Not these stupid tiles!
    Turn off Tablet Mode.
    Settings►System►Tablet Mode►Off
    or
    Action Center►Toggle Tablet Mode
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 4
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Edwin said:
    Turn off Tablet Mode.
    Settings►System►Tablet Mode►Off
    or
    Action Center►Toggle Tablet Mode
    That worked! Thank you! I don't remember turning that on. Maybe it got clicked accidentally. Thank you for saving my sanity :)
      My Computer

  4. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,461
    Windows 10
       #4

    xraychick01 said:
    That worked! Thank you! I don't remember turning that on. Maybe it got clicked accidentally. Thank you for saving my sanity :)
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums