Windows 10: no clean install from windows 7 to windows 10?Please HELP!
no clean install from windows 7 to windows 10?Please HELP!
I really need help.. yesterday i gave in and decided to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10.. due to many people telling me that all their files/apps remained intact. I decided to just go ahead and upgrade to windows 10 without backing up(also i don't have an external harddrive) I also considered doing a clean install but fear of not having any backup/original files to install i decided to flat out upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 as is. Now once windows 10 was active on my pc.. all my installed apps became deauthorized and some didn't even show up. I decided to uninstall as many apps/files as possible ( i thought it is as close to a clean install as i can) than i spent 10 hours yesterday reinstalling the apps/files that i had. Some had problems and waiting for the developer to get back to me on the authorization codes. anyway I noticed windows 10 is faster etc.. but i have a few questions
1) keep getting a pop up of "there was a problem starting sbavmon.dll, the specified module could not be found"
upon start up
2) is it ok/secure to use my e-mail to log in to my pc?
3) does it matter if i use 32 or 64 bit apps on windows 10? any difference
4) how can I improve/optimize and make my computer faster and more efficient for free(examples.. turning off background apps or anything else) suggestions?
here i attached pics of my pc specs and the problem
1) as a quick Web search would have shown you, sbavmon.dll Is part of a Creative Labs SoundBlaster driver/application set. You may want to re-install that.
2) I don't know if it's secure, but it's the usual.
3) 64 bit applications can access more RAM than 32 bit ones. If you need that, use them.
4) In Task Manager, there's a Startup tab. You can go there to stop some applications from loading at startup. There may be more and better ways to optimize Windows 10, but I think that's a relatively safe way.
1) its a file or app i don't use anymore.. what should i do?
3) is it ok to use 32bit? whats the advantage to 64 bit> specifically?
4) ok done.. aside from done what are better ways to optimize Windows 10? any advice?
I have downloaded the new O.S onto a USB memory stick ready for the clean install.
My question is, will I be better off by formatting my SSD 'C' drive before performing the process or, does the install format the drive as it goes along?
OK, I have Windows 7 OEM Version and want to upgrade to Windows 10 After I get Windows 10 Activated through the upgrade can I...
Clean install Windows 7 (with Original 7 key) and clean install Windows 10 (should automatically activate) to have a...
Hope this has not been asked before.
I have the Windows 7 disc which I purchased and since then have upgraded to Windows 8 & 8.1 via the Windows Store.
When Windows 10 is released I'd like to do a fresh install. Does anyone know if this will...
I know this isn't the EightForums but I've not logged on there for some time now.
I need to clean install Windows 8.1 and having trouble finding an up-to-date guide. At the beginning of this year I followed this guide which worked nicely but it...