1.    08 Jan 2016 #1
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 44
    64-bit Windows 10 Home

    Screen capture out side of windows.


    Ok, here's the situation;

    I know how to use WINDOWS BUTTON + PrtScr to capture a screen image. However I would like to print/save an image where this won't work.

    I'm trying to run an application I have downloaded (Samsung Allshare), but when I double click it my whole screen goes to a blank Windows screen with a single message box in the middle. This is a "User Account Control" message box. This is what I want to capture. However the "WINDOWS BUTTON + PrtScr" method doesn't seem work here (the only option here is to close this box and return to normal!), and because its an otherwise blank screen, I can't use Snipping Tool or other windows capture features.

    Anyone have any ideas?

    Billt4G
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    08 Jan 2016 #2
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Spring Valley
    Posts : 559
    Windows 10 Pro/Windows 7 Ultimate

    Try using Alt-Print Screen instead. alt-print screen will capture your current Window. Control-Print Screen will cap your whole screen. I don't know about using the Windows Key, I've always ever used alt or ctrl.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    08 Jan 2016 #3
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 6,412
    Windows10

    Quote Originally Posted by billt4g View Post
    Ok, here's the situation;

    I know how to use WINDOWS BUTTON + PrtScr to capture a screen image. However I would like to print/save an image where this won't work.

    I'm trying to run an application I have downloaded (Samsung Allshare), but when I double click it my whole screen goes to a blank Windows screen with a single message box in the middle. This is a "User Account Control" message box. This is what I want to capture. However the "WINDOWS BUTTON + PrtScr" method doesn't seem work here (the only option here is to close this box and return to normal!), and because its an otherwise blank screen, I can't use Snipping Tool or other windows capture features.

    Anyone have any ideas?

    Billt4G

    Not sure if this will help, but snipping tool has a delay function ie you can delay the screen capture by up to five seconds ie you set it with a delay, then pull down menus etc you need, then the screen capture kicks in after (upto) five seconds without doing any additional key presses.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    08 Jan 2016 #4
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 44
    64-bit Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by cereberus View Post
    Not sure if this will help, but snipping tool has a delay function ie you can delay the screen capture by up to five seconds ie you set it with a delay, then pull down menus etc you need, then the screen capture kicks in after (upto) five seconds without doing any additional key presses.
    Nice try, but as I said there is no way to use Snipping Tool or even the toolbar, just a blank screen and a message box.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    08 Jan 2016 #5
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 44
    64-bit Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by XweAponX View Post
    Try using Alt-Print Screen instead. alt-print screen will capture your current Window. Control-Print Screen will cap your whole screen. I don't know about using the Windows Key, I've always ever used alt or ctrl.
    Tried both of those, no help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    08 Jan 2016 #6
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 773
    Windows 7

    When the UAC dialog is displayed it does so in the Secure Desktop mode. The usual print screen functionality does not work and applications cannot interact with this desktop. This is for security reasons. I don't believe there is a practical way to take a screenshot in this mode.

    I believe you can get the screenshot if you set the UAC configuration to the level below default. The dialog should be presented but it will not look the same. Be sure to return the setting back when done.

    See this for more information:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/975788

    I have not done this and don't know if it will work in Windows 10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    08 Jan 2016 #7
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 6,412
    Windows10

    Quote Originally Posted by billt4g View Post
    Nice try, but as I said there is no way to use Snipping Tool or even the toolbar, just a blank screen and a message box.
    Slightly tongue in cheek sledgehammer to crack a nut solution but will work (one I have used in fact).

    Run app inside a virtual machine, and snipping tool etc from parent OS.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    08 Jan 2016 #8
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 202
    win 10 home

    "Outside the box" with a camera?

    You're not looking for a reuseable macro. You want to capture that one screenshot.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Show windows side by side from taskbar
Win 10 show windows side by side shows them stacked instead of side by side Any suggestions to fix this
General Support
Solved Screen video capture for windows 10
Hi... Does anyone know of a free video capture software that will record screen on windows 10 like fraps used to record on windows 7... A software that does not run on windowed mod and that shows mouse pointer and will record screen when gaming at...
Software and Apps
Solved unable to tile two explorer windows side by side
with windows 7 it was so easy, when I had two windows open, be it word, a browser or windows explorer to chose show windows side by side......they seemed to snap together or were easily encouraged to do so. with windows 10 the two windows seem to...
Performance & Maintenance
Desktop apps not sticking directly to the side of the screen.
Hello, my desktop apps, for example taiga or even skype are not sticking directly to the edges of the screen/taskbar. Example: 30468 It will stick like this instead of not leaving any gaps, is this intended? If so has anyone found a way to...
Software and Apps
Solved Large entirely black lines on side of screen
Hello everyone, I have a (I think) problem with my resolution. There are two noticeable entirely black lines There is one on the left side of my screen and it's about 15px wide, and another at the bottom of my screen that is about 5px in...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:41.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums