1. Joined : Oct 2014
    Pell City, Alabama 35125
    Posts : 833
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       04 Jan 2016 #1

    Windows Update Not Loading & Windows Store Not Opening


    I am trying to open Windows Update under Settings and it will not load. It's just a blank page where Windows Update usually is. Also, under Settings and Windows Update I can't click on Windows Defender, Backup, Recovery, Activation, or Fore Developers.

    Also, I have tried to open the Windows Store and the wheel keeps spinning. That's all it will do.

    I can't make a screenshot because I can't get the screenshot to paste in paint.

    So basically, the problem is that I can't open anything except for Microsoft Edge which is what I am now because the Windows 10 applications are not working properly.

    This is my Desktop PC. It's an Acer XC603G that originally came with Windows 8.1 that was upgraded to Windows 10. (Intel Processor)

    Please help!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,159
    W10Prox64
       04 Jan 2016 #2

    Jesse Williams said: View Post
    I am trying to open Windows Update under Settings and it will not load. It's just a blank page where Windows Update usually is. Also, under Settings and Windows Update I can't click on Windows Defender, Backup, Recovery, Activation, or Fore Developers.

    Also, I have tried to open the Windows Store and the wheel keeps spinning. That's all it will do.

    I can't make a screenshot because I can't get the screenshot to paste in paint.

    So basically, the problem is that I can't open anything except for Microsoft Edge which is what I am now because the Windows 10 applications are not working properly.

    This is my Desktop PC. It's an Acer XC603G that originally came with Windows 8.1 that was upgraded to Windows 10. (Intel Processor)

    Please help!
    Hi.
    For how long has this been happening? Can you use system restore to go back to a time before the problems started?

    If not, try running the system file checker to see if things can be corrected. If the results are "found problems but could not correct", then please run it three times, with reboots in-between.

    If that doesn't work, the next step would be DISM.

    Next after that would be a repair install by doing an in-place upgrade.

    p.s. screenshots can be easily made with the snippet feature - search "snip"
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2014
    Pell City, Alabama 35125
    Posts : 833
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       05 Jan 2016 #3

    simrick said: View Post
    Hi.
    For how long has this been happening? Can you use system restore to go back to a time before the problems started?

    If not, try running the system file checker to see if things can be corrected. If the results are "found problems but could not correct", then please run it three times, with reboots in-between.

    If that doesn't work, the next step would be DISM.

    Next after that would be a repair install by doing an in-place upgrade.

    p.s. screenshots can be easily made with the snippet feature - search "snip"
    Thanks for your helpful reply, simrick. I rebooted it yesterday and it seemed to have cleared the issue. However, I am doing a SFC scan now though to see if it detects anything.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,159
    W10Prox64
       05 Jan 2016 #4

    Jesse Williams said: View Post
    Thanks for your helpful reply, simrick. I rebooted it yesterday and it seemed to have cleared the issue. However, I am doing a SFC scan now though to see if it detects anything.
    That's good news. You might want to turn Fast Startup off, and give it a few shutdowns/startups (not restarts) as well.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2014
    Pell City, Alabama 35125
    Posts : 833
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       05 Jan 2016 #5

    Okay. I will do that. But why do I need to do that?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,159
    W10Prox64
       05 Jan 2016 #6

    Jesse Williams said: View Post
    Okay. I will do that. But why do I need to do that?
    I can't be real specific, but I have found in many, many cases, all sorts of different odd problems that have cropped up, which have been resolved by turning the feature off, and letting the computer get some "real" shutdowns. The Fast Startup is a sort of a hybrid-hibernation feature, which snapshots some things before shutting down, so you can start up faster. Unfortunately, some programs/drivers/etc. don't fully "set" with the feature on, and cause strange behaviour, which has been resolved by turning the feature off, and doing some full shutdowns/startups. Once everything is working fine, you can turn the feature back on and you should be good to go.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Windows Store auto close after opening
Hi, Recently I had to clone my HDD cause it was dying. After that I had a problem with start menu, notifications, search bar not working anymore, but I've managed to repair that. (here's the topic : Start menu, search, notifications not working;...
Software and Apps
Solved Windows store keeps crashing when opening
Since the last update, windows store all of the sudden won't restart. Any tips on how to make it work again? 36844
Software and Apps
Solved Windows App Store Not Opening
For the last few days, I have been unable to get the Windows App Store, or any apps downloaded from the windows app store, to be able to open. It opens the initial window and then just closes and nothing occurs. This also occurs with the xbox app....
Software and Apps
Windows 10 App Store Error Loading
Hi Folks, I am having trouble loading the windows 10 store. When I click the tile it won't load. I then click on the store icon and it says This App Can't open. I have tried with another account and that opens the store no problem. I have run...
Software and Apps
Opening the Windows 10 Store for Developers
Source: Opening the Windows 10 Store for Developers | Building Apps for Windows
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums