Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Oct 2013
    A Finnish ex-pat in Germany
    Posts : 9,537
    Windows 10 Pro
       22 Jan 2015 #281

    I guess this is a good sign, Windows Insider site has removed the download option in order to get ready for the new build. Instead of showing build 9879 ISO download links you'll see this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-01-22_12h26_38.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	10612

    https://insider.windows.com/
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Nov 2013
    Houston
    Posts : 1,394
    Win-7Prox64 Win-8.1Prox64 Win-10Prox64
       22 Jan 2015 #282

    groze said: View Post
    Cortana creeps me out a lot.
    Yea a little bit in the new version of ie11 Spartan tracking is always a creepy thing,
    Desktop taskbar cortana will have a tough time talking I usually have the speakers off,
    I despise popups so if too annoying ?
    Well put it to you this way a clean install of the new version and a custom install I'll see what options are listed for these new items.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Dec 2013
    Cheshire, England
    Posts : 1,422
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       22 Jan 2015 #283

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    JDobbsy1987 said: View Post
    alphanumeric said: View Post
    adamf said: View Post
    alphanumeric said: View Post

    You likely have valid concerns, but for most people that have it installed on a physical device (PC) I think that answers the question. at least as far as who asked it anyway.
    I have got TP installed (and licensed 8.1 in a VM I kept just in case). I'm not sure if I'm supposed to shuffle the licence around. Upgrade the VM? Move the VM back to real hardware to replace the preview as the primary OS? I'm going for 10 - I just haven't worked our how yet.
    I can't even begin to answer that? My gut instinct tells me VM's are except. I'm no IT pro so take that with a grain of salt.
    I may have misread the question but my understanding of M$ licensing is that both the host and VM needs a license/upgrade costs are the same.

    Please correct me if I'm wrong.

    Regards,
    Jamie
    When I said exempt, I meant they don't qualify for the free upgrade. I'm could be way off on that, like I said, I'm no IT Pro and don't claim to understand all those ins and outs.
    I see, i believe you a right there.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Nov 2013
    Houston
    Posts : 1,394
    Win-7Prox64 Win-8.1Prox64 Win-10Prox64
       22 Jan 2015 #284

    Yep I believe the whole point of an upgrade is that it replaces a prior os
    VM or even hyper-v doesn't replace a prior os
    Retail oem will be needed for that use :/
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,541
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
       22 Jan 2015 #285

    I wish Microsoft went into more details about the windows desktop, especially the themes.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,934
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       22 Jan 2015 #286

    groze said: View Post
    I wish Microsoft went into more details about the windows desktop, especially the themes.
    Themes are eye candy and right now MS is working on the guts of the OS. I'm sure you can add the theme you want to.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Nov 2013
    Houston
    Posts : 1,394
    Win-7Prox64 Win-8.1Prox64 Win-10Prox64
       22 Jan 2015 #287

    Yes that was disappointing to not even mention the new themes but there was quite a bit to fit into the webcast :/

    You can bet though if the hololen is reasonably priced I'll be picking a pair up
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,541
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
       22 Jan 2015 #288

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    groze said: View Post
    I wish Microsoft went into more details about the windows desktop, especially the themes.
    Themes are eye candy and right now MS is working on the guts of the OS. I'm sure you can add the theme you want to.
    It maybe eye candy to some but necessary for others. Technically, I am one of those that shouldn't use a computer due to eye problems. I can't play game or use 3d graphics games without getting a major headache. The new holographic glasses, I would love to do that, I already know my eyes and head won't allow it. However, I can tolerate most website, forums and videos for some reason those do not give me a headache they can bother me (No, I don't mean the posters) at times but for the most part those don't.

    I can play Microsoft solitaire but after awhile I sometimes get a headache.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,934
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       22 Jan 2015 #289

    groze said: View Post
    BunnyJ said: View Post
    groze said: View Post
    I wish Microsoft went into more details about the windows desktop, especially the themes.
    Themes are eye candy and right now MS is working on the guts of the OS. I'm sure you can add the theme you want to.
    It maybe eye candy to some but necessary for others. Technically, I am one of those that shouldn't use a computer due to eye problems. I can't play game or use 3d graphics games without getting a major headache. The new holographic glasses, I would love to do that, I already know my eyes and head won't allow it. However, I can tolerate most website, forums and videos for some reason those do not give me a headache they can bother me (No, I don't mean the posters) at times but for the most part those don't.

    I can play Microsoft solitaire but after awhile I sometimes get a headache.
    I sorry, I understand and I think that MS will deal with the themes shortly if not in the next build.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2013
    A Finnish ex-pat in Germany
    Posts : 9,537
    Windows 10 Pro
       22 Jan 2015 #290

    This looks interesting, explaining a lot in one simple image. Found it on a Finnish tech news site:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	win_10_unified_xbox_phone_threshold_banner.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	10618
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
173,624 new WindowsInsiders since Windows 10 event
558451145354395649
Windows 10 News
Office The next chapter of Office 2016 on Windows
Source: The next chapter of Office on Windows - Office Blogs
Windows 10 News
Join us January 21st to hear about next Windows 10 chapter
Source...
Windows 10 News
Microsoft’s Windows 10 event - your thoughts.
well it didn't last long and they didn't give much away. name. windows 10, is it good or bad I was asking myself, its silly as forever there will be a gap and the question of what happened to windows 9 will be forever asked. features. ...
General Support
Microsoft not live-streaming September 30 Windows 9 event
Read more...
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:36.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums