Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Nov 2013
    Posts : 804
    10 Pro Preview x64
       21 Jan 2015 #271

    groze said: View Post
    Cortana creeps me out a lot.
    Ask her to tell you a joke - break the ice as it were.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Nov 2013
    Posts : 804
    10 Pro Preview x64
       21 Jan 2015 #272

    JDobbsy1987 said: View Post
    I may have misread the question but my understanding of M$ licensing is that both the host and VM needs a license/upgrade costs are the same.

    Please correct me if I'm wrong.

    Regards,
    Jamie
    I'm not saying you are wrong but... Well I think you are. If you have one licence you can use it on one machine. If I run windows (VM) on a OSX host (which I do) I don't need 2 licences. What I might have to do is run it native to count as device. I don't know.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,541
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
       21 Jan 2015 #273

    adamf said: View Post
    groze said: View Post
    Cortana creeps me out a lot.
    Ask her to tell you a joke - break the ice as it were.
    There is more to that. I think she or he (I assuming you will be able to change the voice no offense meant ladies ) being in the cloud is a real concern for me. Another is privacy. I think Microsoft is going to make windows 10 home premium really cheap the following year but I bet the cloud service(s) will have a monthly fee. I wouldn't be surprised if Cortana won't work unless you subscribe to the cloud base service(s).


    Also, did anyone else here if or when they will release the consumer preview?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,934
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       21 Jan 2015 #274

    Well, Win10 upgrade from Win8.1/Win7 is free.. that cheap enough??
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jan 2015
    Posts : 6
    w10
       21 Jan 2015 #275

    Good news it's free for some, but ...

    I don't like the forced in place upgrade for 7 and 8 users

    Why not make it free for all users, get everyone up to date then charge a very small fee later
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2013
    Covington, Louisiana
    Posts : 535
    Windows 10 Pro 64
       21 Jan 2015 #276

    groze said: View Post
    adamf said: View Post
    groze said: View Post
    Cortana creeps me out a lot.
    Ask her to tell you a joke - break the ice as it were.
    There is more to that. I think she or he (I assuming you will be able to change the voice no offense meant ladies ) being in the cloud is a real concern for me. Another is privacy. I think Microsoft is going to make windows 10 home premium really cheap the following year but I bet the cloud service(s) will have a monthly fee. I wouldn't be surprised if Cortana won't work unless you subscribe to the cloud base service(s).


    Also, did anyone else here if or when they will release the consumer preview?
    No mention of a "Consumer Preview" but the next Technical Preview is due in the next 7 days. There will be new Technical Previews for 3-5 Months until it is ready. There is an enterprise version and customer version of the TP.

    Jim
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jul 2014
    Belo Horizonte
    Posts : 710
    Windows 10 Build 14267
       22 Jan 2015 #277

    No mention of a "Consumer Preview" but the next Technical Preview is due in the next 7 days. There will be new Technical Previews for 3-5 Months until it is ready. There is an enterprise version and customer version of the TP.
    Considering the early stage of development I'd say that the latest preview is quite solid. I'm anxious to get the next one in the next days. I could swear that it would be today !
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jan 2015
    Nijmegen, Netherlands
    Posts : 16
    Windows Technical Preview 64-bit
       22 Jan 2015 #278

    A least did the preview at the Win10 Briefing not crash :-)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jul 2014
    Belo Horizonte
    Posts : 710
    Windows 10 Build 14267
       22 Jan 2015 #279

    AmazingAndreaz said: View Post
    A least did the preview at the Win10 Briefing not crash :-)


      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,934
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       22 Jan 2015 #280

    martik777 said: View Post
    Good news it's free for some, but ...

    I don't like the forced in place upgrade for 7 and 8 users

    Why not make it free for all users, get everyone up to date then charge a very small fee later
    I think part of the rational is that MS no longer supports Xp or Vista so they have not tested the update for those OS's. And I don't know what you mean by "forced". You can stick with your OS now and you don't have to upgrade. Or if you want I'm sure that MS will be selling copies of Win10 on DVD format.

    Jeff
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
173,624 new WindowsInsiders since Windows 10 event
558451145354395649
Windows 10 News
Office The next chapter of Office 2016 on Windows
Source: The next chapter of Office on Windows - Office Blogs
Windows 10 News
Join us January 21st to hear about next Windows 10 chapter
Source...
Windows 10 News
Microsoft’s Windows 10 event - your thoughts.
well it didn't last long and they didn't give much away. name. windows 10, is it good or bad I was asking myself, its silly as forever there will be a gap and the question of what happened to windows 9 will be forever asked. features. ...
General Support
Microsoft not live-streaming September 30 Windows 9 event
Read more...
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:30.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums