Windows 10: Windows 10: The next chapter - 21st Jan Live event Discussion

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 16
    Windows Technical Preview 64-bit
       21 Jan 2015 #11

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    AmazingAndreaz said: View Post
    I can't wait, haha! I think I'm not the only one here.

    just you, me, the Bayou Wizard, and a dozen or so others.... I think this thread will get a bit more crowded as we approach the Redmond Bewitching Hour!
    Yup
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    21 Jan 2015 #12

    Hi there

    I just hope Ms has sufficient capacity on download servers if the release is available sometime soon. They could actually use Bittorrent to spread the load and prevent servers from overloading. Bittorrent is perfectly viable for LEGIT software distribution too -- it doesn't only have to be used for downloading pirate movies etc. -- However I don't expect Ms to use the most obvious way of distributing the release quickly.

    This time there will be more load than usual since I'm sure there were 1000's of us if not more who used to be able to get these sort of things from TechNet --now no more !!! sigh sigh !!.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    21 Jan 2015 #13

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    Hi there

    I just hope Ms has sufficient capacity on download servers if the release is available sometime soon. They could actually use Bittorrent to spread the load and prevent servers from overloading. Bittorrent is perfectly viable for LEGIT software distribution -- however I don't expect Ms to use the most obvious way of distributing the release quickly.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    That would be fine for the ISO but I think that the the update will be the way MS introduces the new build.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 11,227
    Windows 10 Pro
       21 Jan 2015 #14

    Just to be sure everyone has the correct time, check the event start time in your local timezone here: Event Time Announcer - Windows 10: The next chapter
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    21 Jan 2015 #15

    Kari said: View Post
    Just to be sure everyone has the correct time, check the event start time in your local timezone here: Event Time Announcer - Windows 10: The next chapter
    Thanks.. that will be helpful
    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 5,581
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       21 Jan 2015 #16

    Live feed added to first post
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 804
    10 Pro Preview x64
       21 Jan 2015 #17

    Have I missed the announcement there is actually some new build being released today?

    As far as I can see tomorrow, next week, next month would also be after the presentation.. Hope there is one soon as the last was 18th December so it is about time really.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 804
    10 Pro Preview x64
       21 Jan 2015 #18

    z3r010 said: View Post
    Live feed added to first post
    Thanks - works perfectly. I'll leave it running and see.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    21 Jan 2015 #19

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    Hi there

    I just hope Ms has sufficient capacity on download servers if the release is available sometime soon. They could actually use Bittorrent to spread the load and prevent servers from overloading. Bittorrent is perfectly viable for LEGIT software distribution too -- it doesn't only have to be used for downloading pirate movies etc. -- However I don't expect Ms to use the most obvious way of distributing the release quickly.

    This time there will be more load than usual since I'm sure there were 1000's of us if not more who used to be able to get these sort of things from TechNet --now no more !!! sigh sigh !!.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Agree with torrent mirror - think it's more the stigma associated with it that will prevent that.

    Wonder if we will hit 1000 most users online today...

    BTW last time you guys were busy installing, I was busy staring at my download progress bar *sigh*
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    21 Jan 2015 #20

    I think I'll jump on the broadcast and get my spot in line so I don't get bumped off. I don't mind listening to the music for an hour!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Related Threads
558451145354395649
Source: The next chapter of Office on Windows - Office Blogs
well it didn't last long and they didn't give much away. name. windows 10, is it good or bad I was asking myself, its silly as forever there will be a gap and the question of what happened to windows 9 will be forever asked. features. ...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28.
Find Us