Access denied issues

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 7
    windows 10
       #1

    Access denied issues




    I really really need help. Either I'm the most dense human breathing or win 10 is to blame.
    I have tried everything I can to set sharing as admin. and I just keep getting access denied.
    It will accept my change but will not allow it after clicking OK. Always some message telling
    me sorry charlie no luck, access denied!
    Why is it that MS has to make this so hard if I'm the owner and the only user and the admin.
    why does it shut me out of my own files. OH they ought to make a box to check to tell that I'm
    the only one who ever uses my computer and I have no state secrets to hide, so little chance a
    hacker spy will work his rear off hacking my computer. I just simply want to access my records
    to find a recent paypal payment record.
    Any help would be appreciated with this dilemma .
    Thanks in advance
    1gunslinger
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 299
    Win-10 Pro x64
       #2

    I'm not too familiar with the sharing options, however, I have been reading up on some of the "Access Denied" issues, which seem to be centered around "taking ownership." Perhaps there's something HERE that will help.

    Regards,
    b1rd
    Last edited by b1rd; 31 Dec 2015 at 15:10.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 7
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    something here.


    b1rd said:
    I'm not too familiar with the sharing options, however, I have been reading up on some of the "Access Denied" issues, which seem to be centered around "taking ownership." Perhaps there something HERE that will help.

    Regards,
    b1rd
    I appreciate your reply!
    However the link did not work. I do appreciate your response though. I have had similar issue over the years with different operating systems from MS, but what I learned with those doesn't work here with 10. Just crazyness.
    Thanks
    1gunslinger/Dave
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 299
    Win-10 Pro x64
       #4

    However the link did not work.
    Try it again. I just made some corrections. I also looked through the article myself in more detail, and there might be something to help you out.

    Sometimes you need to get full access to some file or folder in Windows 10. It can be a system file or folder, or one which was created by a user account that no longer exists. In most cases, the Windows operating system will prevent you from doing any operation on such files and folders. In this article, we will see how to take ownership and get full access to files and folders in Windows 10.
    Take ownership of files and get full access in Windows 10
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 7
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    b1rd said:
    Try it again. I just made some corrections. I also looked through the article myself in more detail, and there might be something to help you out.


    Take ownership of files and get full access in Windows 10
    The link worked.
    Thanks again! Yes this looks promising. I will read this and try what ever it has to fix this issue....maybe.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 299
    Win-10 Pro x64
       #6

    Yes, good luck.

    If you're not too familiar with Win-10, or if that site looks a bit daunting, it might be good to set a system restore point first. (However, making these changes are actually pretty easy)

    Create a system restore point - Windows Help -


    b1rd
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 1,567
    Windows 10 Pro
       #7

    1gunslinger said:
    ... Either I'm the most dense human breathing or win 10 is to blame.
    I have tried everything I can to set sharing as admin. and I just keep getting access denied.
    ...Why is it that MS has to make this so hard if I'm the owner and the only user and the admin.
    why does it shut me out of my own files. OH they ought to make a box to check to tell that I'm
    the only one who ever uses my computer and I have no state secrets to hide, so little chance a
    hacker spy will work his rear off hacking my computer....
    LOL. For what it's worth, 1gunslinger, I totally sympathize and empathize with your frustration! I can never tell if these things are by design or if it's just a new reality that I am, in effect, now a MS beta tester by having taken the leap into the free Win10 upgrade! I don't think you're dense. At least, worst case, you have plenty of company (including myself) in that density. I see no reason we should have to make manual permission/ownership changes to overcome these difficulties

    Anyways, it looks like b1rd has you on your way to improvising, adapting to, and overcoming the situation. That's one of the best things about Tenforums!
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 7
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #8

    Word Man said:
    LOL. For what it's worth, 1gunslinger, I totally sympathize and empathize with your frustration! I can never tell if these things are by design or if it's just a new reality that I am, in effect, now a MS beta tester by having taken the leap into the free Win10 upgrade! I don't think you're dense. At least, worst case, you have plenty of company (including myself) in that density. I see no reason we should have to make manual permission/ownership changes to overcome these difficulties

    Anyways, it looks like b1rd has you on your way to improvising, adapting to, and overcoming the situation. That's one of the best things about Tenforums!
    Thank you, at least I don't feel left out....
    I read and reread the item that was given so graciously by b1rd. However, after applying all of those assorted actions alas I am still somewhat dense, because it was all for nought. I am still denied access. I have been one of MS's biggest defenders for years despite any problem I might encounter. I am about at the end of that long suffering position though. I'm getting to old for the aggravation, no patience anymore I guess. I think I may have gotten around it by altering my UAC control down to the point where anyone can effectively do anything to my computer which is no doubt dangerous but I'll die with luck before the bad guys get me.
    Thanks for your post Word Man, it is always good to hear I do not suffer alone.

    1gunslinger/Dave PS, b1rd if your still by the side, I do appreciate your help. I and my computer both just need a long vacation to a beach with white sand and palm trees.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
       #9

    1gunslinger said:
    Thank you, at least I don't feel left out....
    I read and reread the item that was given so graciously by b1rd. However, after applying all of those assorted actions alas I am still somewhat dense, because it was all for nought. I am still denied access. I have been one of MS's biggest defenders for years despite any problem I might encounter. I am about at the end of that long suffering position though. I'm getting to old for the aggravation, no patience anymore I guess. I think I may have gotten around it by altering my UAC control down to the point where anyone can effectively do anything to my computer which is no doubt dangerous but I'll die with luck before the bad guys get me.
    Thanks for your post Word Man, it is always good to hear I do not suffer alone.

    1gunslinger/Dave PS, b1rd if your still by the side, I do appreciate your help. I and my computer both just need a long vacation to a beach with white sand and palm trees.

    I too have done all this and STILL can't get access. I get an error message about failing to enumerate all objects in container. It's Documents and settings! I also cannot find the TakeOwnershipEx app and would really like to get it.
    I too
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 6
    Windows 10
       #10

    Just found something


    I went back in to Explorer, and found a second entry for Everyone. This entry showed Deny. When I changed that to Allow, the folder was unlocked. In case anyone else finds this too! And i hope it lasts....
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:04.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums