Windows 10: evaluation copy expires july 16th 2016..will we have to pay per year.. Solved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    28 Dec 2015 #1

    evaluation copy expires july 16th 2016..will we have to pay per year..


    hey guys,

    my evaluation copy expires july 16th 2019 0:59

    what does this mean?

    Are we going to pay per year as MS wants us to do right now with Office 2016, Office 365?

    Jimbo, i know you bought Office 2016...my guess to avoid paying every year.

    But what if MS offers another Office, say 2019 and does not update Office 2016 anymore?

    Because right now Office 2013 is a pain where you do not want it.

    Search does not work as should.

    Functions do not work as should either.

    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,227
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       28 Dec 2015 #2

    I assume you are talking about Windows 10 Insider Preview 11082.
    Microsoft will continue to release new versions of Insider Preview. It won't let the current version expire without a new release. That's one area you don't have to worry about.
    Besides, 2019 is 3 years from now. By that time, who knows what has become of Windows 10 ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    28 Dec 2015 #3

    davidhk said: View Post
    I assume you are talking about Windows 10 Insider Preview 11082.
    The OP is referring to Microsoft Office. Not sure which version of Office though.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,227
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       28 Dec 2015 #4

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    The OP is referring to Microsoft Office. Not sure which version of Office though.
    Where do you get a MS Office evaluation copy that expires 3 years from now ?

    The OP is just using MS Office 365 as an example.
    That's how I read it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    28 Dec 2015 #5

    davidhk said: View Post
    Where do you get a MS Office evaluation copy that expires 3 years from now ?

    The OP is just using MS Office 365 as an example.
    That's how I read it.
    Who knows what the OP is actually talking about. The title of the thread says evaluation copy expires July 16th 2016....

    In any case, it just floors me when people complain about their evaluation copies having expiration dates. Evaluation copies are for EVALUATION not permanent use.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,227
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       28 Dec 2015 #6

    OK. The OP's title said July 16th 2016.
    I failed to notice that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,227
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       28 Dec 2015 #7

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    Who knows what the OP is actually talking about. The title of the thread says evaluation copy expires July 16th 2016....

    In any case, it just floors me when people complain about their evaluation copies having expiration dates. Evaluation copies are for EVALUATION not permanent use.
    Yes. I tend to be on your side in this topic.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    29 Dec 2015 #8

    Hey David,

    True, and i am not looking to use Windows 10 for free for the rest of my live.

    But do not like to pay every year, let's say $50 for Win 10 and again for Office 365. Since i have 7 licences that would become a huge amount per year of $700.

    What i meant with that is: one can buy Office 2016 and in 3 years from now, MS can offer Office 2019. It would cost us again.

    But at least one would have a choice, certainly with Office.

    And who is making a lot of money with the downloads we all do?

    Jeff

    Just info, my username should be jeff_rys, but at the time i became a member (Windows7 and so one), this was not possible.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,227
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       29 Dec 2015 #9

    jeffrys said: View Post
    Hey David,

    True, and i am not looking to use Windows 10 for free for the rest of my live.

    But do not like to pay every year, let's say $50 for Win 10 and again for Office 365. Since i have 7 licences that would become a huge amount per year of $700.

    What i meant with that is: one can buy Office 2016 and in 3 years from now, MS can offer Office 2019. It would cost us again.

    But at least one would have a choice, certainly with Office.

    And who is making a lot of money with the downloads we all do?

    Jeff

    Just info, my username should be jeff_rys, but at the time i became a member (Windows7 and so one), this was not possible.

    If you are now using Windows 10 RTM ( the final released that came out on July 29th, this year ), and if it is activated, it is good for life.
    NO. You do not have to pay extra to continue using Windows 10.
    In fact, you can reinstall Windows 10 in the same computer as often as you want and whenever you want. There is no time restriction.

    If you are running an Insider Preview build, Microsoft is, at least for now, continuing to develop new builds. Insiders will continue to receive new builds from Microsoft. You never will find yourself stuck with an expired copy and no new build in sight. That is not going to happen. Your worry is, in my opinion, unfounded. Not sure where you get this "expired" idea.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    29 Dec 2015 #10

    Hey David,

    included where i got it from and yes i am on the Insider Preview Build, last one.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Win-expires.PNG 
Views:	56 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	55902

    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Preview Test Build 11082 Expires 7/15/2016. Will there be an Insider Build before that which doesn't expire? Naturally this is an important concern. I am testing heavily right now. Should I report my results/concerns here or elsewhere? TIA
Free Avast Internet Security 2016 For 1 Year in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Don't think this offer will be around for long so grab it while you can http://www.hotukdeals.com/freebies/avast-internet-security-2016-free-for-1-year-computerbild-de-2349582#comments
I have both Windows 7 and 8.x retail licenses. They have now been used up by upgrading to Windows 10 (both as hosts and as vm's). A few questions: 1) Where can I find Microsoft information as to what will happen with these licenses after July...
My insider build 10525 (as shown by winver) expires on 7/15/2016. What does this mean? Will I need to buy a license for $199 or whatever at that time?
Hi there Looks like the preview (insider) program will be ongoing for the foreseeable future Build 10532 (the latest) is set to expire on 16 JULY 2016 so nice long testing periods. Cheers jimbo
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11.
Find Us