Windows 10: Windows 10 New Computer - Reset - Stuck in Loop
Windows 10 New Computer - Reset - Stuck in Loop
I've searched dozens of posts about the "reset loop" problem but most seem to involve upgraded computers and none exactly describe my situation. I would appreciate any help you could provide.
Computer - HP Envy x360 Laptop, i5 processor, 8gb ram, onboard video, not sure about motherboard, Windows 10 OS
1. Bought computer this week. Turned on and set up fine and called it a night.
2. It auto-installed updates on Tuesday night.
3. This morning running very buggy and erratic. After a few hours of messing with it I used the "factory reset" option where it wipes everything and gives you a fresh windows 10.
4. It was resetting for a few hours then I received message "error resetting your computer" and the only button was "cancel" which I hit. It then turned off.
5. I turned it on after a few minutes and it loads the HP logo splash screen, holds for a few seconds then go black and do it all over again. It just repeats this over and over again.
1. I don't have recovery media as it's a new computer and I haven't had time to create it yet (it had nothing loaded on it).
2. My other computer is Windows 7 and I have no plans to upgrade it as I use it for work and my VPN requires 7 or 8.1.
3. I have been able to access the BIOS (F10) screen if needed.
Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this short of returning it and getting a new one? I'm sure this is just some kind of software glitch and I hate to have to return it and deal with Best Buy on Christmas week. I've read there is downloadable media available from Microsoft to create a boot USB but I don't know where to find this and if this would even work nor do I know the steps to take to run it.
Help please! Thank you.
Outside the Box
You should be able to download a Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft using your Windows 7 computer.
This would give you the option of either repairing your W10 computer or a complete clean installation.
I will give it a shot I'm creating the USB drive now and will post on my success (hopefully) or failure (I hope not) when completed. Thanks for the prompt response!
Earlier this afternoon I decided to reset Windows 10 as I had a problem with BSOD BAD_POOL_CALLING over and over again. I booted in Safe Mode, went to Advanced Options and so on. It wasn't a factory-new reset, just the one that removes all files,...
I recently upgraded to Windows 10 without a problem, but after a while I thought; why not do a clean install?
I went ahead and tried to perform a clean install from the windows 10 settings, and chose all drives, and a quick reset.
I recently upgraded my Windows 7 PC to Windows 10 using Windows Update. The whole process was smooth. I never really ran into any problem. Because the PC is so relatively old, I decided to delete all files and reinstall windows 10 using the windows...
You are my last chance, please help <3
My windows 7 PC was hard to start and restart and I needed to try 10 times or more before it worked (then I didn't restart it for days).
I managed to upgrade it to Windows 10 hoping that...
My installation is stuck in a reset loop. The Win 10 Ready to Install came up, so I clicked Start and it rebooted, back to the login screen, and then Windows Update came up saying it needed to Restart Now. After a couple of minutes the Win 10...