Windows 10: grey screen when restarting or shutting down

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    19 Dec 2015 #1

    grey screen when restarting or shutting down


    I noticed after I downloaded the most recent updates and I disabled the Windows background on the sign-in screen I now have a dull grey screen when shutting down or restarting does anyone else have this? When it says restarting or shutting down or when I'm signing in the background is blue, but in between a weird grey screen shows up?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 13
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       21 Dec 2015 #2

    Aye, me too. I noticed this recently but no idea why it's happening. Nothing in the Event Viewer.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 13
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       16 Jan 2016 #3

    Several updates later.... no change.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    22 Jan 2016 #4

    me too.. nobody have a fix?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 13
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       20 Feb 2016 #5

    Is nobody else seeing this?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 13
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       25 Mar 2016 #6

    bradford said: View Post
    I noticed after I downloaded the most recent updates and I disabled the Windows background on the sign-in screen I now have a dull grey screen when shutting down or restarting does anyone else have this? When it says restarting or shutting down or when I'm signing in the background is blue, but in between a weird grey screen shows up?
    Did you ever find a solution?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 13
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       10 Apr 2016 #7

    Bump
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    11 Apr 2016 #8

    You disabled the background on the sign-in screen. My guess is the gray background is the default container and isn't really an issue.
    They might have forgotten to make it transparant?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 13
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       11 Apr 2016 #9

    zztemp said: View Post
    You disabled the background on the sign-in screen. My guess is the gray background is the default container and isn't really an issue.
    They might have forgotten to make it transparant?
    I've used my own image as a background on the sign-in screen since day 1 (early adopter, 29th July 2016). This grey screen on the logout/restart screen is a recent thing, as in last 2 or 3 months.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    12 Apr 2016 #10

    Claymore said: View Post
    I've used my own image as a background on the sign-in screen since day 1 (early adopter, 29th July 2016). This grey screen on the logout/restart screen is a recent thing, as in last 2 or 3 months.

    Hmm ok, got me at a loss here .
    Only thing i can come up with, is resetting your windows files (without touching your personal files).
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
This might be a stupid question but I havent found a solution for it myself, probably looking in all the wrong places.. would like to be able to have my computer go to the lock screen after an alotted time of inactivity without turning off the...
Is there a tool that allows one to put a background image on the restarting & signing out screens? I have the same background on my desktop, login, and lock screens but I have not yet figured out how to change the background on the restarting &...
I have a clean (other than a few new programs) windows 10 install on my pretty powerful desktop. Just today for some irrational reason, when I boot up my PC, and select the OS I want, I'm met with a great screen with the spinning dot animation. So...
As the title says, i want the log off screen colour to be different to my accent colour.
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37.
Find Us