Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    19 Dec 2015 #1
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10

    Icon Size


    What do I keep doing to decrease the size of the icons on my desktop? It's not killing me, but it's INCREDIBLY annoying to have to resize the icons every three minutes. This never happened in Windows 8.1 by the way.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    19 Dec 2015 #2
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Space coast of Florida
    Posts : 5,251
    Windows 10 Pro X64 15063.483

    Holding down the Ctrl key and rolling the mouse wheel can decrease or increase size.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    19 Dec 2015 #3
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Huh. I must be pressing the damn Ctrl key by mistake? That's a terrible function, but I expect this from Windows by now. Any way to disable the 500 different usless "helpful" functions that Windows had added to "help us" in 10?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    20 Dec 2015 #4
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,179
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by dlaemmerhirt999 View Post
    Huh. I must be pressing the damn Ctrl key by mistake? That's a terrible function, but I expect this from Windows by now. Any way to disable the 500 different usless "helpful" functions that Windows had added to "help us" in 10?
    That "useless" feature has been in windows like forever !! I use it all the time, it works same in all programs that support it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    20 Dec 2015 #5
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    . . . then I must be doing something else. This problem occured ONLY when I upgraded to Windows 10. And I call it a "useless" fuction only because it occurs on it's own every few minutes on my computer even though I do not want it to.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    20 Dec 2015 #6
    Join Date : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 3,459
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by dlaemmerhirt999 View Post
    . . . then I must be doing something else. This problem occured ONLY when I upgraded to Windows 10. And I call it a "useless" fuction only because it occurs on it's own every few minutes on my computer even though I do not want it to.
    this not normal ,so you must have other issues like correct drivers for win10 ,check device manager and see if it shows any device driver issues ,check video display driver for sure.
    and for a snide remark , Switching to Linux will fix it ,lol
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    20 Dec 2015 #7
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,812
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by dlaemmerhirt999 View Post
    What do I keep doing to decrease the size of the icons on my desktop? It's not killing me, but it's INCREDIBLY annoying to have to resize the icons every three minutes. This never happened in Windows 8.1 by the way.
    The following 2 tutorials may not help, but no harm trying................

    Rebuild Icon Cache
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

    How to Change the Icon Cache Size in Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...e-windows.html
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    20 Dec 2015 #8
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Poole Dorset UK
    Posts : 2,556
    Windows 10 x64 Home Version(1709) Build16299.19

    Right Click anywhere on your desktop
    A menu will come up
    Hover over View and what ever size icon will show
    Small
    Medium
    Large
    Click on whatever one you want
    That is it
    The icons will resize to whatever size you want
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    20 Dec 2015 #9
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Right, thank you! I can do that, but the problem is that it automatically changes against my will with a movement of the mouse. Why did Windows give 5,000 different jobs to the mouse when I just want to move and click stuff???
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    20 Dec 2015 #10
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,179
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by dlaemmerhirt999 View Post
    Right, thank you! I can do that, but the problem is that it automatically changes against my will with a movement of the mouse. Why did Windows give 5,000 different jobs to the mouse when I just want to move and click stuff???
    They didn't, it's still there just to click with but it's not a live thing, you are the one that commands it what to do. Like we used to say in the navy: "When you are in command, command, don't go around asking what to do".
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
I can not refuce my text and icon size
I increased the size of my desktop icon and everything else to 500 %. The icons are now so big that I dont even see my task bar items. I have tried to reduce the size again but not able to do so because I cannot see all the buttons I need. How can...
General Support
Solved How do you change the Desktop Icon size and type
I swear the more I use Windows 10, the more I hate it. It is beyond a doubt the least friendly of all their OS's where do you go to change the desktop icon text size and font? or is it another Regedit thing? NVM​ found it
General Support
icon size
The 3 default icon sizes still too large to my liking. Can reduce size further by pressing Control and turning the mouse wheel. After restart, however, they are back to Large and the arrangement on the desktop all mixed up. Who can help ??
General Support
Icon size and fonts
Need help please. Love the Win 10 preview. My problem is some of my icons are too big or too small. Half and half on the desktop. My fonts are so small I can hardly see them Also my icons are just about touching. Need to space them better.On...
General Support
Taskbar Icon Size
Hello everyone. I have small problem again. Is anyone know how to change the taskbar icon size? Because Windows 10 Taskbar icons looks so small too me. Here is different from Windows 10 to Windows 7. Thanks. 27697
Customization
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums