Windows 10: Win10: How to put photos into folders / How to choose some...
Win10: How to put photos into folders / How to choose some...
[Desktop Dell Inspiron 560 4gb RAM; high speed cable; MS Windows10
64bit; Windows Live Mail 2012(awful!!!); MS Word Pro 2003; Mozilla Firefox; Avast
AV; Windows Media Player; Adobe Reader; Adobe flash Player]
After a long struggle to import my pix from the camera to Win10 and finally succeeding with the help of the wonderful members of this community, I've now another mystery
1. How to put the imported 10 or so photos into a folder? I did it with another bunch of imported photos and now I can't remember how I did it though I tried and tried....Anybody knows?
2. How can I pick out the ones I want to send (and how to send them by email?) as I prefer not to delete the ones I won’t send, to avoid later regrets. I don't even know how to delete any individual photos....
MS keeps everything a secret – no links to choose photos, or delete them, or send them, or change the order in which they are arranged, etc. I had come to learn photos in Win7 with "Photo Gallery" after a long time - now I'm condemned to the same torture on the new windows! lol!
Thanks ever so much for any help.
Last edited by Adela; 14 Dec 2015 at 17:51.
Reason: enromous space in between paragraphs.
1. Just drag the pictures where you want them to be.
2. Open an email, drag the picture into it.
1. If you want them in a folder, create a folder and copy the pics into it. If you right click on a photo, you can copy. Then go to the open folder and paste. If you have a bunch of contiguous photos, highlight the first one, then hold the shift button down and click on the last one. Now they should be all highlighted and you can copy them in one swing.
I prefer to copy rather than move because then I always have the originals if something happens during the operation. You can always delete the originals later when you don't need them any more.
2. I would copy the ones you want to send into a separate folder. Then highlight those, right click on one and 'send to' compressed zip folder. That zip folder you can attach to a mail.
MS does not keep any secrets. This is normal operational 101 - you just have to learn it.
Thank you very much! Since I installed Win10 I have to re-learn everything and I just can't understand it as you do. I've been able finally to send the photos but it took me hours of trial and errors and I still feel they make it unnecessarily complicated. Anyway, thanks again.
Thank you Nigel. I used a combination of your and WHS' suggestions. It wasn't easy as they present so many different paths to get to certain places that one gets dizzy. lol! Thanks again.
Different ways of doing stuff is a good thing, but (like WHS says) this really is Chapter 1, Page 1 of Windows 101. If you haven't mastered this by now, I suggest a basic book.
Well, we're talking of a very different windows. Are you using W10? Anyway, I just lost a message with the pictures which took me so long and hard to get. I finished the long and complicated message and sent it out, BUT it got caught in the Outbox longer than expected. So I went to that Outbox to see if it went out, and found the bitter surprise that it deleted it with the words: "The content of this message cannot be found". Do you happen to know if there's some way to retrieve that message? I'll appreciate your and/or anyone else's feedback.
How to Choose Folders for OneDrive Selective Sync in Windows 10
OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you saved online to OneDrive.com. When you save files to OneDrive, the files are...
In settings > personalization > start > Choose which folders appear on start
Can we add custom folders to this ? There are some folders which I use very frequently which aren't any of the standard folders (downloads, documents etc)
Very odd problem:
If I move the location of the user folder (an example here is for Music and Pictures).
Both of my folders are network drives from the NAS, and the files are located in root of the network share.
So for an example, I...
So basically, before upgrading i would just drag photos and gifs from my desktop onto chrome for quick view. I would also drag photos and gifs into messaging sites and whatnot. But after the upgrade when i try to do so it shows up a black circled...
I upgraded this morning, loved it except no multi monitor. came home from work downloaded the latest nvida drivers for windows 10 still not multi monitor.
The biggest issue, most of my folders on my D:\ drive (2 Mirrored drives) were gone... All...