1.    09 Dec 2015 #1
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10

    I really need your help!


    I ve just moved to a new place and I have no internet cable yet so now I have to use my father in law's wifi connection. He has a pretty big and powerful router with a strong signal. The problem is that the router started to crash after I connected my computer. I can use the wifi for like half a day than the router crashes, it just resets itself and the only way to fix it is to turn it off. He never had this problem with the router. I have a Dell vostro 5470 with windows 10 1511. What I did is I downloaded the 1511 build right from the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft right before they pulled it out because of some privacy bug. I downloaded the ISO and than booted it to a usb stick with Rufus. I have all of the updates installed from Windows Update and the drivers installed themselves. The point is that my computer is clearly doing something to that router because the guy also uses a laptop with windows 7 and has no problem. I tried to connect my own router with an ethernet cable going from his router to mine. After 11 hours it happened again, his router crashed and now all of the ethernet cables going from that router don t work until a reset is done, my router though is doing fine, no crash but it shows that has no internet connection. Any solutions please???
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    09 Dec 2015 #2
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 415
    10 pro 64 clean install

    Quote Originally Posted by fatpuppy View Post
    I ve just moved to a new place and I have no internet cable yet so now I have to use my father in law's wifi connection. He has a pretty big and powerful router with a strong signal. The problem is that the router started to crash after I connected my computer. I can use the wifi for like half a day than the router crashes, it just resets itself and the only way to fix it is to turn it off. He never had this problem with the router. I have a Dell vostro 5470 with windows 10 1511. What I did is I downloaded the 1511 build right from the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft right before they pulled it out because of some privacy bug. I downloaded the ISO and than booted it to a usb stick with Rufus. I have all of the updates installed from Windows Update and the drivers installed themselves. The point is that my computer is clearly doing something to that router because the guy also uses a laptop with windows 7 and has no problem. I tried to connect my own router with an ethernet cable going from his router to mine. After 11 hours it happened again, his router crashed and now all of the ethernet cables going from that router don t work until a reset is done, my router though is doing fine, no crash but it shows that has no internet connection. Any solutions please???
    Hi .... And welcome to the Ten Forums .... What you should do is see if his Router has a firmware update and if so update the router. That could help. He's probably going to need to do that since it will require logging into the Router
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    09 Dec 2015 #3
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by sn00ker View Post
    Hi .... And welcome to the Ten Forums .... What you should do is see if his Router has a firmware update and if so update the router. That could help. He's probably going to need to do that since it will require logging into the Router
    Any chance that this is my computer's fault? I mean windows 10 is pretty buggy.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    09 Dec 2015 #4
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 9,552
    Windows 10 Pro

    Are all of your IPv4 settings for IP address and DNS set to Auto?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    09 Dec 2015 #5
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Are all of your IPv4 settings for IP address and DNS set to Auto?
    I am sorry, I don t know where to go to check that, can you please tell me?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    09 Dec 2015 #6
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 9,552
    Windows 10 Pro

    I'm not at my home computer, but:
    How to Assign a Static IP Address in Windows 7, 8, 10, XP, or Vista

    Except that you will want to select the top choices on the IPv4 Properties screen for Obtain an IP address Automatically and Obtain DNS Server address automatically.

    You will want to check both your Ethernet and WiFi network adapters.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    09 Dec 2015 #7
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 415
    10 pro 64 clean install

    If you click Start --- Setting ---Network and Internet --- Ethernet --- click on Change Adapter Options ---then right click Ethernet and select Properties --- then select highlight IPv4 settings - follow by Properties. notice if the settings there is on Auto, the top ones
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums