Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    06 Dec 2015 #11
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 70
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    Plug the camera directly into your PC instead of the mem card.
    Hi and thank you, my camera doesn't have a wire to plug it directly to the computer which is why I was told to buy a card reader.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    06 Dec 2015 #12
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    San Jose, California
    Posts : 2,196
    Ubuntu14.04x64 MintMate17x64 Win10Prox64

    When you connect the Card Reader to the USB port. The PC should recognize as a removable HD and assign a drive letter to it (Z in this case, yours might be different letter). Here's the screen shot:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	440.8 KB 
ID:	52384

    If you don't see the removable drive. Try connect the card reader to another USB port.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    06 Dec 2015 #13
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Poole Dorset UK
    Posts : 2,566
    Windows 10 x64 Home Version(1709) Build16299.125

    When I import my photos from memory card a menu pops up and asks me what app I want to use to import and save them to a folder on my laptop I use windows photo viewer.
    Once imported it then asks me do I want to delete them from memory card.
    Once all done I go to folder which is usually called DC with a number.
    I then can either leave them in that folder or make another folder and put them in there.
    Forgot to say they do come into the download app.
    The other folder I have just named is in pictures,
    I just drag and drop from download to that folder then once that folder is empty I delete it or leave it empty in download ready for next lot of photos
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    06 Dec 2015 #14
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 70
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Oh thanks for the great screenshot, but I don't have that page. I do see my Removable Drive which is E. The problem is with the absence of my camera icon.

    I followed the easy instructions from the dummies.com (especially made for me!) and went well until it asked to find the camera icon so from here I got stuck and can't go any further. They say:

    Open File Explorer from the taskbar along the bottom of your screen and click the This PC icon from the program's left edge. File Explorer lists all of the storage devices available to your PC, including your camera or phone.


    When recognized, your camera appears as an icon (shown in the margin) in File Explorer's This PC section.


    Right-click your camera or phone, choose Import Pictures and Videos from the pop-up menu, and choose how to import your photos.


    The Import Pictures and Videos window, shown in the following figure, offer two options for handling your newly recognized digital camera or smartphone: (I don’t see the figure): http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...indows-10.html.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    06 Dec 2015 #15
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 70
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by hTconeM9user View Post
    When I import my photos from memory card a menu pops up and asks me what app I want to use to import and save them to a folder on my laptop I use windows photo viewer.
    Once imported it then asks me do I want to delete them from memory card.
    Once all done I go to folder which is usually called DC with a number.
    I then can either leave them in that folder or make another folder and put them in there.
    Forgot to say they do come into the download app.
    The other folder I have just named is in pictures,
    I just drag and drop from download to that folder then once that folder is empty I delete it or leave it empty in download ready for next lot of photos
    Thank you very much, as I just explained to topgun, what seems to stop me from going ahead with the import of my photos is the absence of my camera icon in my computer. I suppose I should ask Nikon maybe? I don't know, but it seems I have nowhere to go after I got the photos on the screen. I suppose they should be saved/imported but there's nothing to click on at all. Thanks again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    06 Dec 2015 #16
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,890
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by Adela View Post
    [Desktop Dell Inspiron 560 4gb RAM; high speed cable; MS Windows10 64bit; Windows Live Mail 2012(awful!!!); MS Word Pro 2003; Mozilla Firefox; Avast AV; Windows Media Player; Adobe Reader; Adobe flash Player]

    I put the memory card from my Nikon dig. camera into my card reader, I plugged the card reader into my computer USB, and the photos appear on the screen. But, there’s no clickable link at all for me to import and/or save them. I need to send them to someone and find no way to do it....

    Across the top of the photos it only says this and not as links:

    Upper right: “Photos”
    A little below: “Select items to import from E:/”
    A little lower: “New Items” (Clicking on this it makes my pix on the screen disappear, and clicking again brings them back!)

    And below that: “November 2015” (date I did this). And on same line: “Clear” (Clears the check-marks on each photo).

    Anyone out there, do you think I’ll ever be able to send those blessed photos? :-) Thanks ever so much for any ideas!
    Just something probably inconsequential :
    1. Is this the first time you tried to import photos from Nikon to your computer, or you have done that before ?
    2. Have you tried to do the import using a different computer ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    07 Dec 2015 #17
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 70
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    Just something probably inconsequential :
    1. Is this the first time you tried to import photos from Nikon to your computer, or you have done that before ?
    2. Have you tried to do the import using a different computer ?
    Oh no David, I've imported several times with no problem at all, but it was in Win7. Maybe this is the culprit? I don't have any extra computers and it would be difficult for me to try to get to one.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    07 Dec 2015 #18
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,890
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by Adela View Post
    Oh no David, I've imported several times with no problem at all, but it was in Win7. Maybe this is the culprit? I don't have any extra computers and it would be difficult for me to try to get to one.
    OK. Thanks for responding.
    I had a feeling this was NOT your first time. That is why I included question #2.
    Now that you have answered my 2 questions, it might be time for you to check the "health" of your Win 10 computer. Something has gone awry.

    How about doing the following troubleshooting ...............
    Run a system file check to see if there are any corrupt files. It will try to do repair if any found.

    Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

    > press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

    If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

    > press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    07 Dec 2015 #19
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 70
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    OK. Thanks for responding.
    I had a feeling this was NOT your first time. That is why I included question #2.
    Now that you have answered my 2 questions, it might be time for you to check the "health" of your Win 10 computer. Something has gone awry.

    How about doing the following troubleshooting ...............
    Run a system file check to see if there are any corrupt files. It will try to do repair if any found.

    Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

    > press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

    If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

    > press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.
    Thanks for the veyr clear steps! I followed them and there's no integrity violation #1 so the problem resides elsewhere. Where can I try to find the problem?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    07 Dec 2015 #20
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,890
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by Adela View Post
    Thanks for the veyr clear steps! I followed them and there's no integrity violation #1 so the problem resides elsewhere. Where can I try to find the problem?
    Please run the dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth. Just to make sure.

    I don't know where else to find a solution.
    I am sure other members with far superior knowledge will be able to help you.
    Please wait a bit.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Access Denied Error. Can't erase photos after import...
Hello Everyone, I have the iPhone 6s plus. I am using windows 10 pro. I am having an access denied error when trying to erase the photos-videos after import. I can't find the answer anywhere. I am hoping you guys can throw out some ideas. I...
General Support
How do I SAVE / UPLOAD photos
Hi please excuse my complete ignorance, since downloading my " free windows 10 " I cant see how to download / save any fotos...when I try to a window opens giving my just the option of "windows picture viewer" but that doesnt seem to be installed,...
General Support
Turn On or Off Auto Save Photos and Videos to OneDrive in Windows 10
Turn On or Off Auto Save Photos and Videos from Devices to OneDrive in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can automatically save photos and videos to OneDrive whenever you connect a camera, phone, or other device to your PC. This tutorial will show...
Tutorials
import photos from camera
I can't seem to figure out why the folder where the photos are is what opens up when I plug in a usb camera and not the photo app. I have autoplay enabled and photo as my default photo viewer.
Drivers and Hardware
How do I get administrative permission to save photos, etc?
I just upgraded to Windows 10 and now cannot save files to my folders. I am listed as administrator when I boot up and this is my personal laptop PC, so there are no other users. I have looked and looked for where to fix this and cannot find where...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums