Windows 10: Explorer quit updating real time, only worse.
Explorer quit updating real time, only worse.
This is strange. I am having a pretty consistent problem with file explorer in Windows 10 of late. I am running the latest release 86.17, Windows 10 64bit. Nutshell, when I create a folder, or rename a folder in Explorer, that change does not reflect on the screen. I have to exit the folder, and reopen it to see the change. If I reboot, the problem goes away for a bit, but then it comes back. It's pretty strange. I wonder if other folks are seeing the same thing after one of the latest updates.
Download: ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows
- This program does not require installation, just right click and run as Administrator
- From the menu, click on Options then click on Filter by Extension Type and select Context Menu Also put a check marks on the items as shown below.
- On the list are the Shell Extensions with pink background, installed by the third party programs
- Hold down SHIFT Key, click on first item & then on last item to select ALL then click on the red button on top left corner to disable all.
- CTRL+ALT+DELETE->Task Manager->File->Run New Task and type explorer->OK
- Now try Explorer again to see if it fixes your problem. If it does then start to enable one by one and repeat step 5 until the problem occurs again, that's the offending extension.
I've only had Windows 10 for a few days and it's already annoyed me more than XP and Vista ever have combined. Right now my problem is the damn thing keeps enabling real-time protection for no apparent reason. I'm confused, was this software...
I have assembled a modern PC for my son who is a musician for his music production needs, but also as a general purpose PC (we don't have enough space and money to have a dedicated rig).
As you might now music production has a...
Click to zoom in on your area.