Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    06 Dec 2015 #1
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 19
    Windows 10

    Alt/Tab has changed


    I recently upgraded from W7 to W10. On W7 alt/tab would expand each open application window such that they were full size when alt/tab'd or mouse'd over to it. But on W10 they do not show full size unless you bring the app into focus by releasing alt/tab. I suspect MS did that because on W7 they had a bug whereby the list of open icons would fall behind current windows. But that was fixed with with a 3rd party app (AltTabFixOnce.exe).

    Does anyone know how to get back the W7 form of alt/tab?

    Eddy
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    06 Dec 2015 #2
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 164
    WINDOWS 10 PRO Updated to last Build

    Quote Originally Posted by eddyq View Post
    I recently upgraded from W7 to W10. On W7 alt/tab would expand each open application window such that they were full size when alt/tab'd or mouse'd over to it. But on W10 they do not show full size unless you bring the app into focus by releasing alt/tab. I suspect MS did that because on W7 they had a bug whereby the list of open icons would fall behind current windows. But that was fixed with with a 3rd party app (AltTabFixOnce.exe).

    Does anyone know how to get back the W7 form of alt/tab?

    Eddy
    Hello, here is a list of all keyboard shortcuts in W10:
    Keyboard shortcuts - Windows Help

    I think it will be very useful to you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    06 Dec 2015 #3
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Space coast of Florida
    Posts : 5,251
    Windows 10 Pro X64 15063.483

    I use Alt+Esc for this.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    06 Dec 2015 #4
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,141
    Windows 10 Professional

    I use 'Taskview' invoked from 'Gesture' mouse button.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000041.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	52293
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    06 Dec 2015 #5
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 19
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Ztruker View Post
    I use Alt+Esc for this.
    Thanks, but on my system alt-esc goes through a few screens but then stops working. I suspect some apps also process alt-esc for themselves.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    06 Dec 2015 #6
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 19
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    I use 'Taskview' invoked from 'Gesture' mouse button.
    What is "'Gesture' mouse button"?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    06 Dec 2015 #7
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 19
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Thanks everyone for your helpful input.

    What I'm hoping is that someone knows of an addon for W10 that will display the old W7 (and I think W8) style.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    06 Dec 2015 #8
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,141
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by eddyq View Post
    Thanks everyone for your helpful input.

    What I'm hoping is that someone knows of an addon for W10 that will display the old W7 (and I think W8) style.
    The only way I can think of to accomplish what you're asking is to raise the program's thumbnail by hovering on the taskbar then hovering on the raised thumbnail itself to show it full size without restoring it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    07 Dec 2015 #9
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 19
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    It's sad when MS thinks they are doing something better but they screw up something that was really nice. Ergo they put all that work into W8 but W7 was better so they had to undo most of W8 and put the W7 stuff into W10. Then they thought Alt/Tab showing all of the apps in mini form would be better than both W7 and W8 ... it is nice but not as good as W7/8.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    08 Dec 2015 #10
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 164
    WINDOWS 10 PRO Updated to last Build

    Quote Originally Posted by eddyq View Post
    It's sad when MS thinks they are doing something better but they screw up something that was really nice. Ergo they put all that work into W8 but W7 was better so they had to undo most of W8 and put the W7 stuff into W10. Then they thought Alt/Tab showing all of the apps in mini form would be better than both W7 and W8 ... it is nice but not as good as W7/8.
    Alt/Esc is the right keyboard shortcut for that task, if your system does not work, try to find out the app you are saying using it, and set it's keyboard shortcut in a different way.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved log in changed
Windows 10 usually logs in with the name I assigned to my computer "Charlee" (with no password) Today I used my microsoft e-mail account to download an application. When I restarted the computer, the screen log in changed. Now "Charlee" is gone, and...
User Accounts and Family Safety
Solved have you changed the recycling bin ? can you help me to use this png?
Hi i really hate windows 10 recycling bin i found this and i really like it 38933 found there http://pngwebicons.com/download/9123 there are inside the zip files several , but i don't know how use a png file to create and change the icon...
Customization
Slideshow changed?
I used to be able to play slideshow using Windows Photo Viewer with only pictures from a search result. Now, with Windows 10, it will play the slideshow with all the pictures in the directory even if only the search results are displaying. Anyone...
Customization
Login screen changed and password changed after verification
My Login screen used to have only my name on it and yesterday after clicking on "Verify" and going thru several screens and rebooting, I noticed that my name and Hotmail address are both on my Login screen and the Windows 10 password has been...
User Accounts and Family Safety
Something seems to have changed in Edge for the better
Tonight in Edge I've been able to move folders in favorites to the top and have individual links at the bottom, when I first imported my favorites from IE each folder had the links inside it at the top of the list and the folders inside at the...
Browsers and Email
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums