Windows 10: Windows.old Solved

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 21,932
    Windows10Pro 64Bit on 2 DeskTop Computers
       04 Dec 2015 #11

    Kyhi said: View Post
    Attachment 51822

    I would think you have one windows behind the other
    I saw those screens only when I used this command.
    %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:35 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:35
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. topgundcp's Avatar
    Posts : 1,989
    Ubuntu14.04x64 MintMate17x64 Win10Prox64
       04 Dec 2015 #12

    @OldMike65
    That was my mistake. I didn't copy my shortcut correctly, It should have been:
    %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:65535
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. jerrypc1's Avatar
    Posts : 709
    windows 10 home premium
       04 Dec 2015 #13

    brummyfan said: View Post
    It won't go after one month, run Disk clean up as admin and select windows.old.
    Thanks For the reply
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 21,932
    Windows10Pro 64Bit on 2 DeskTop Computers
       04 Dec 2015 #14

    topgundcp said: View Post
    @OldMike65
    That was my mistake. I didn't copy my shortcut correctly, It should have been:
    %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:65535
    Ok that command does show me the 2 screens as posted by Kyhi earlier. But it does not ask for any confirmation before running for me. Which, I don't care, and does not show me how much space it was going to make after making choices. But it did show me the same screens that Kyhi posted.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. topgundcp's Avatar
    Posts : 1,989
    Ubuntu14.04x64 MintMate17x64 Win10Prox64
       04 Dec 2015 #15

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Ok that command does show me the 2 screens as posted by Kyhi earlier. But it does not ask for any confirmation before running for me. Which, I don't care, and does not show me how much space it was going to make after making choices. But it did show me the same screens that Kyhi posted.
    Because you don't currently have Windows.old and ~BT.... folder
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 21,932
    Windows10Pro 64Bit on 2 DeskTop Computers
       04 Dec 2015 #16

    Actually this command seems to offer the same choices, I don't see any difference ???

    %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:35 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:35
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 21,932
    Windows10Pro 64Bit on 2 DeskTop Computers
       04 Dec 2015 #17

    topgundcp said: View Post
    Because you don't currently have Windows.old and ~BT.... folder
    Yup, good point.......removed those long time ago.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. jerrypc1's Avatar
    Posts : 709
    windows 10 home premium
       04 Dec 2015 #18

    Kyhi said: View Post
    Attachment 51822

    I would think you have one windows behind the other
    Thats the way my screen looked Kyhi After I typed what "topgundcp" told me and then it told me I would not be able to go back and and I clicked okay.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. BlueBaron's Avatar
    Posts : 30
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       04 Dec 2015 #19

    Well I removed it using Disk cleanup, no point on keeping it and wasting ~ 10 gigabytes of data, when I will never revert back to 8.1 again.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. jerrypc1's Avatar
    Posts : 709
    windows 10 home premium
       04 Dec 2015 #20

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    I saw those screens only when I used this command.
    %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:35 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:35
    Thanks for your input OldMike Anyway thanks to all you The "windows Old is finally Gone
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums