Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Aug 2014
    Florida
    Posts : 433
    W10 AU & W10 Insider
       11 Dec 2014 #1

    Changing over to Win 10


    I know there has been discussions of whether or not the "old" users of Win 8/8.1 will be upgraded to Win 10 for free/fee etc. but was wondering what effect will there be on all the new 8/8.1 desktop/laptop's that are received for the holiday and will they have a different upgrade path.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       11 Dec 2014 #2

    Since Win10 will not come out to later next year I doubt any offer will be made to individuals who get a PC with win8/8.1 on it this holiday.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jun 2014
    UK
    Posts : 624
    W10 pro x64 and W10 x86
       12 Dec 2014 #3

    I would agree. Nine to twelve months hence is a lifetime away in technology markets. And the way W10 is sometimes rumoured to be heading makes it likely that many wouldn't want to go down the W10 route anyway. Time will tell.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       12 Dec 2014 #4

    Mooly said: View Post
    I would agree. Nine to twelve months hence is a lifetime away in technology markets. And the way W10 is sometimes rumoured to be heading makes it likely that many wouldn't want to go down the W10 route anyway. Time will tell.

    I have to agree. Everything is still up in the air concerning Win10. All I can hope for is that more news about the pricing plan will come out in January.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jul 2014
    UK
    Posts : 16,475
    Windows 10
       12 Dec 2014 #5

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    All I can hope for is that more news about the pricing plan will come out in January.
    I hope this happens

    The Price and seeing Continuum/Consumer Preview are the final bits I am waiting for

    If any special deals for new purchases, I imagine they will be for people buying towards the end of next summer
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       12 Dec 2014 #6

    paulsalter said: View Post
    BunnyJ said: View Post
    All I can hope for is that more news about the pricing plan will come out in January.
    I hope this happens

    The Price and seeing Continuum/Consumer Preview are the final bits I am waiting for

    If any special deals for new purchases, I imagine they will be for people buying towards the end of next summer
    Yes, this. So far I really do like Wn10 but I really would like to know what the plan for pricing will be and what they will charge for upgrades, if they do. Then and only then I'll decide on what I plan on doing, either using Win7,Win8.1.1 or going to Win10.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7.    12 Dec 2014 #7

    Hi

    Whatever happens I'm going to upgrade my computer to Windows 10.
    I hope that at least they will let testers buy it for a low price when it goes live.

    I think that with Windows 7 they offered it for 29.95 for people who tested it.
    I bought 3 copies all of which I've used.

    Mike
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,815
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       12 Dec 2014 #8

    MikeHawthorne said: View Post
    Hi

    Whatever happens I'm going to upgrade my computer to Windows 10.
    I hope that at least they will let testers buy it for a low price when it goes live.

    I think that with Windows 7 they offered it for 29.95 for people who tested it.
    I bought 3 copies all of which I've used.

    Mike
    Mike, from what I know so far, there are too many of us "insiders" to cut that kind of deal. And yes, I sincerely hope I'm wrong, because I need three copies of Windows 10 too.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       13 Dec 2014 #9

    Wynona said: View Post
    MikeHawthorne said: View Post
    Hi

    Whatever happens I'm going to upgrade my computer to Windows 10.
    I hope that at least they will let testers buy it for a low price when it goes live.

    I think that with Windows 7 they offered it for 29.95 for people who tested it.
    I bought 3 copies all of which I've used.

    Mike
    Mike, from what I know so far, there are too many of us "insiders" to cut that kind of deal. And yes, I sincerely hope I'm wrong, because I need three copies of Windows 10 too.
    Wow..It's good that there are a lot of testers but a shame that a deal will not be cut. In the end I just hope for a decent price for Win10. And at this point we're all speculating.. I hope for more solid information in January.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,815
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       13 Dec 2014 #10

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Wow..It's good that there are a lot of testers but a shame that a deal will not be cut. In the end I just hope for a decent price for Win10. And at this point we're all speculating.. I hope for more solid information in January.
    Bunny, like you I'm speculating, so there may or may not be a deal cut for us.

    Certainly it would be nice and I'm hoping . . .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Changing UEFI settings
In Windows 8 there a way to change settings in your PC's UEFI firmware. Is this possible in W10?
Installation and Setup
Tapatalk & changing password
Just an fyi I guess; had to reset password ok, then when using the link to change password the mobile browser said the action was not supported. So I loged in with tapatalk and it has a menu option to do it (profile).
Chillout Room
forum name needs changing to windows 10 forums
its official, windows 10 it is
Windows 10 News
Seems skydrive is changing names
Take a look at this http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/13/5y4aby4u.jpg
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:45.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums