My mouse cursor is invisible on the boot menu gui - HELP!

  1.    02 Dec 2015 #1

    My mouse cursor is invisible on the boot menu gui - HELP!


    Its invisible when on the graphical metro boot menu... It only recently got like this.. How can I fix?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    28 Jan 2016 #2

    This glitch(?) is annoying me..

    Anybody have any ideas of how to restore the visible mouse arrow on the gui boot menu?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 14
    Win 10 Pro x64 & x32
       08 Mar 2016 #3

    I have the same problem and have raised another thread for it. However, you can navigate the panel using the Tab key or the arrow keys.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    08 Mar 2016 #4

    BobD said: View Post
    I have the same problem and have raised another thread for it. However, you can navigate the panel using the Tab key or the arrow keys.
    Yea I've been using the arrow keys..

    Hope somebody knows of a fix..
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 14
    Win 10 Pro x64 & x32
       16 Mar 2016 #5

    I now know why but it is a Microsoft fix.

    I have a machine with multiple Win 10 Pro partitions. Two of these have been upgrades where I started the install from a mounted ISO and let Win 10 install. Tonight I did a clean install (booted off a USB key) of Win 10. While that clean install is the default boot then the GUI boot menu shows a mouse pointer. As soon as I make one of the other systems the default then I lose the mouse pointer.

    I'm not about to clean install my other two partitions so its off to Microsoft to report a problem.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    16 Mar 2016 #6

    BobD said: View Post
    I now know why but it is a Microsoft fix.

    I have a machine with multiple Win 10 Pro partitions. Two of these have been upgrades where I started the install from a mounted ISO and let Win 10 install. Tonight I did a clean install (booted off a USB key) of Win 10. While that clean install is the default boot then the GUI boot menu shows a mouse pointer. As soon as I make one of the other systems the default then I lose the mouse pointer.

    I'm not about to clean install my other two partitions so its off to Microsoft to report a problem.
    Well seems you have narrowed it down...

    I have win7 PRO installed and win10 PRO installed (which was first an upgrade from win8 PRO and then a clean re-install from the USB install media)

    Hope your report to MS gets acknowledged, thanks!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 14
    Win 10 Pro x64 & x32
       16 Mar 2016 #7

    Larry
    I posted the problem on the Microsoft forum. I have one response so far. Check it out for yourself.
    Bob
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 14
    Win 10 Pro x64 & x32
       01 Apr 2016 #8

    I found another reference to this problem here . It was in the blog at the end of the article. The other guy, Francois, knew about the problem and it happened only when upgraded. I was also a contributor to that blog under the name of Fred.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    01 Apr 2016 #9

    BobD said: View Post
    I found another reference to this problem here . It was in the blog at the end of the article. The other guy, Francois, knew about the problem and it happened only when upgraded. I was also a contributor to that blog under the name of Fred.
    Thanks, still waiting for a fix from MS
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
This is on a custom-built machine upgraded from 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro. See screenshot. Left my computer idle for a while. Came back to that on the start screen. This also happened last night under the same seemingly random conditions. Unsure of what...
Mouse Cursor Stuck in Drivers and Hardware
I just upgraded from 8.1 (brand new) and I can move my mouse cursor for a couple seconds then it freezes and starts showing a loading circle every few seconds.
Hello, I just upgraded to Windows 10 after all that hype but it looks like I can't even play games or do any work on PS or AI. Whenever I hold down a key on the keyboard, the mouse cursor freezes and I can't move it unless I let go off the...
I have started this same thread under drivers and hardware, but i think it might be the wrong section, mods pls help merge them if necessary. Has anybody seen this? Recently updated to w10, and the nvidia drivers gave a distorted mouse cursor, a...
Mouse Cursor Looks Funky in General Support
I just noticed a few days ago that my mouse selection cursor looks funky. I dunno why it started to look this way, but it's really annoying. (It's really big and unintuitive) Not only that, but it also looks funky when it's in "hand" state....
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28.
Find Us