Windows 10: Device Manager Disappears in Computer Management Console

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    29 Nov 2015 #1

    Device Manager Disappears in Computer Management Console


    For some reason the device manager on three of my computers has disappeared from the computer management console. I can access the device manager via control panel or the settings for windows 10, but not via the computer management console. It is there when I first install windows 10, but sometime between the initial install and the time I install all my programs it disappears. Any ideas???
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    29 Nov 2015 #2

    It's there for me, 10586 clean installed and fully updated to 10586.14. 10 Pro.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    29 Nov 2015 #3

    Windows 10 Home 64 bit 10586.14:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	51095
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 3,888
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint
       29 Nov 2015 #4

    It's there for me. My Win10 [Home and Pro] computers also have both features, Computer Management and Device Manager, on the Right-click menu of the Start button along with a number of others that can be quite handy.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    29 Nov 2015 #5

    cajuntech said: View Post
    For some reason the device manager on three of my computers has disappeared from the computer management console. I can access the device manager via control panel or the settings for windows 10, but not via the computer management console. It is there when I first install windows 10, but sometime between the initial install and the time I install all my programs it disappears. Any ideas???
    What have you done on those three PC's above and beyond your normal everyday tasks?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    29 Nov 2015 #6

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    What have you done on those three PC's above and beyond your normal everyday tasks?
    Nothing out of the norm. This was a clean install on all the computers, but as you can see the device manager is not longer present

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	51114
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    29 Nov 2015 #7

    cajuntech said: View Post
    Nothing out of the norm. This was a clean install on all the computers, but as you can see the device manager is not longer present

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	51114
    OK, some people run scripts and or other custom mods that can sometimes have unforeseen consequences. Just wanted to rule that out.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 3,888
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint
       29 Nov 2015 #8

    This is mine:
    Attachment 51135
    One difference is Diskeeper, doesn't come with Windows but then I haven't needed it for awhile and I never saw it do anything to the devices list.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 3,421
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       29 Nov 2015 #9

    it was a weird place for it anyway .lol.
    it quickly found by right clicking on the windows icon
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 3,888
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint
       29 Nov 2015 #10

    caperjack said: View Post
    it was a weird place for it anyway .lol.
    it quickly found by right clicking on the windows icon
    Just a change with Windows 10. Control Panel is also on that context menu. What I think is weird is My Computer/My PC is not on the Start menu but can be reached by opening File Explorer and right-clicking This PC.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Solved DVD/CD-ROM not in Device Manager in Drivers and Hardware
Hello everyone! I have googled this all over the place and there are all sorts of issues with DVD / CD-ROM players no longer being recognized but I haven't come across the same problem I'm having. I upgraded to Windows 10 64bit from Windows 7...
Device Manager in Drivers and Hardware
Recently realized device manager does not show printers connected to pc. Suddenly diappeared
Hello all, I just upgraded to Windows 10; not much problems for me, except one that I really wish I new that before upgrading. Let me just say this; the Windows 10 app on my pc (runing Win7 Ultimate) did not say anything about this issue, that's...
I just want to know if anyone with a laptop or other computer has had this happen to them. I am happy about it, but it was kind of weird. My computer went to a black screen again after installation, but after waiting for a while my computer fell...
guys I have a serious problem ... I have 4 primary partition 1.system reserved 2.C 3.D 4.E first three partition r are shown by file manager and last one is only shown in disk management ... when I tried to assign a drive letter it gives error...

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21.
Find Us