Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1.    01 Dec 2014 #1
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,136
    Windows 10 Professional

    Hope I didn't 'Brick' my PC!


    I think I've DONE it this time!
    Don't really want to discuss it but I might need some help!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    01 Dec 2014 #2
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 24,410
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17017

    Uh oh. What happened?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    01 Dec 2014 #3
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,136
    Windows 10 Professional
    Thread Starter

    Too embarrassed to say!

    ... aside from the fact that it had to do with a custom build!

    Whew! Glad to be back, but I had to wipe all my disks, and lost my dynamic disk.
    "Windows cannot complete the installation on this hardware" was the prompt every time.

    Ain't doin that again!!!

    Nice to have a fresh install on fresh disks though!

    (Don't feel like installing the other 3 OS's though!)

    I think I learned a few things today!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    01 Dec 2014 #4
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Too embarrassed to say!

    ... aside from the fact that it had to do with a custom build!

    Whew! Glad to be back, but I had to wipe all my disks, and lost my dynamic disk.
    "Windows cannot complete the installation on this hardware" was the prompt every time.

    Ain't doin that again!!!

    Nice to have a fresh install on fresh disks though!

    (Don't feel like installing the other 3 OS's though!)

    I think I learned a few things today!
    No pain no gain??
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    01 Dec 2014 #5
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,136
    Windows 10 Professional
    Thread Starter

    Roger that!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    01 Dec 2014 #6
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 24,410
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17017

    Well, at least you got it back up and running though.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    01 Dec 2014 #7
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,136
    Windows 10 Professional
    Thread Starter

    Yeah, it was weird though.
    It completely 'jiggered' 3 partitions over 2 disks and destroyed all the boot resources.
    I got lucky and clean installed over top of Windows 7 on disk 3.
    A whole bunch of stuff got re-arranged in a weird way!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    01 Dec 2014 #8
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Land of 10,000 lakes
    Posts : 10,382
    W10 Pro, W10 Home

    Good to hear you are back up and running! But out of curiosity, you couldn't restore a system image instead of clean installing?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    01 Dec 2014 #9
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,136
    Windows 10 Professional
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJay View Post
    Good to hear you are back up and running! But out of curiosity, you couldn't restore a system image instead of clean installing?
    Tried that too, but came back with: "unable to find disk with proper image", or something like that.
    I should've taken screenshots of all the malarkey but I was too busy freakin out!

    BTW: the new 'Media Creation Tool' iso works fine but now I have a new friend:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.PNG 
Views:	328 
Size:	3.0 KB 
ID:	9040 ???
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    01 Dec 2014 #10
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 2,376
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJay View Post
    Good to hear you are back up and running! But out of curiosity, you couldn't restore a system image instead of clean installing?
    Tried that too, but came back with: "unable to find disk with proper image", or something like that.
    I should've taken screenshots of all the malarkey but I was too busy freakin out!

    BTW: the new 'Media Creation Tool' iso works fine but now I have a new friend:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.PNG 
Views:	328 
Size:	3.0 KB 
ID:	9040 ???
    ???...Optional download in W8.1
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Kaspersky didn't work
The Title explain it. its always says that my version of kaspersky 2014 and 2015 has compability issues. please Help
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Solved I hope someone can help me get to the Windows Ten Forum
Seems strange huh? Well, here's the story. I am now using Firefox- the latest version, to get to the Windows Ten Forum but when I get there, all I get is what's on the attached graphic. I can use the links there but cannot not see everything else...
Browsers and Email
Windows 9: A new hope
More
Windows 10 News
I hope this makes you laugh
This is a bit long almost 11 minutes.. This started my day off with laughter.. a Good thing. https://www.youtube.com/embed/-u6XXOELs_s?feature=player_embedded
Chillout Room
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums