Windows 10: no picture after wake up Solved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    29 Nov 2014 #1

    no picture after wake up


    Hi all,
    I have only just noticed that since the last build(9879). when my pc goes into sleep mode I cannot wake it up without having to press the reset button. usually I just wiggle the mouse and it comes on in the lock screen and enter password.I have set the advanced power settings to default and its still the same.
    Am I doing something silly or is there a problem?.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    29 Nov 2014 #2

    I lost that ability on my 8.1 laptop a long time ago and have never been able to get it back.
    There's several different things that affect this, but I'm not sure that I've found them all.

    Power configuration settings (powercfg.cpl => Change plan settings => Change advanced power settings => go through the list)
    Mouse settings (Control Panel=> Hardware and sound=> Devices and Printers => Mouse => check all the tabs)
    Hibernate/Sleep settings (PC Settings => PC and devices => Power and Sleep => not much available here in Win10)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    29 Nov 2014 #3

    I have tried Default and difrent combinations in the advanced power setings menu all give the same resut:the computer will not wake up from sleep mode unless i reset.I have even conected a usb mouse same: so its not a a wireless K/B and Mouse problem. I am sure this problem was not on the previouse build.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    29 Nov 2014 #4

    toppergraph said: View Post
    I have tried Default and difrent combinations in the advanced power setings menu all give the same resut:the computer will not wake up from sleep mode unless i reset.I have even conected a usb mouse same: so its not a a wireless K/B and Mouse problem. I am sure this problem was not on the previouse build.
    I have just dug out my old Ps2 microsoft K/B and mouse still the same problem anyone else HAD this Problem?.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    29 Nov 2014 #5

    I have the same issue as well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    29 Nov 2014 #6

    wptski said: View Post
    I have the same issue as well.
    I think i have solved the problem it`s the Bios settings: my Mboard is Gigabyte GA-A55M-DS2: enter Bios set up and make sure that KEYBOARD or MOUSE power on is enabled.YOU can password protect this if you wish. I don`t Know why I did not notice this before my system just used to wake up from sleep with a wiggle of the mouse or keyboard.Baffled only noticed with this latest build(9879). Now cheaking all is O/K. will report back later after all night left on sleep.Let me KNOW if it solves your problem WPSKI.

    Regards TOPPER.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    29 Nov 2014 #7

    toppergraph said: View Post
    I think i have solved the problem it`s the Bios settings: my Mboard is Gigabyte GA-A55M-DS2: enter Bios set up and make sure that KEYBOARD or MOUSE power on is enabled.YOU can password protect this if you wish. I don`t Know why I did not notice this before my system just used to wake up from sleep with a wiggle of the mouse or keyboard.Baffled only noticed with this latest build(9879). Now cheaking all is O/K. will report back later after all night left on sleep.Let me KNOW if it solves your problem WPSKI.

    Regards TOPPER.
    I'm not sure if this started with 9879 build or not but I'm on a dual-boot with W7 which has never had this problem and it doesn't do it all the time either.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    29 Nov 2014 #8

    wptski said: View Post
    toppergraph said: View Post
    I think i have solved the problem it`s the Bios settings: my Mboard is Gigabyte GA-A55M-DS2: enter Bios set up and make sure that KEYBOARD or MOUSE power on is enabled.YOU can password protect this if you wish. I don`t Know why I did not notice this before my system just used to wake up from sleep with a wiggle of the mouse or keyboard.Baffled only noticed with this latest build(9879). Now cheaking all is O/K. will report back later after all night left on sleep.Let me KNOW if it solves your problem WPSKI.

    Regards TOPPER.
    I'm not sure if this started with 9879 build or not but I'm on a dual-boot with W7 which has never had this problem and it doesn't do it all the time either.
    I am also Duel boot with win 7:have you tried the bios settings as described in last post?.
    Topper.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    29 Nov 2014 #9

    toppergraph said: View Post
    I am also Duel boot with win 7:have you tried the bios settings as described in last post?.
    Topper.
    No such settings in my BIOS.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 1,468
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.1 MATE (64 bit), W10IP VM, W10 Home
       29 Nov 2014 #10

    I can't wake my PC with any USB keyboard/mouse in:
    • Any version of Windows (real not VM)
    • Linux Mint 17

    I've never been able to make that work on any PC, unless I use a PS/2 keyboard and/or mouse.

    In W7, I've made sure that the appropriate USB devices are set to allow wake up.
    I've tried toggling the BIOS settings, but no combination of settings seems to make any difference.
    Maybe there is a jumper that isn't connected on my motherboard.

    The USB devices are obviously powered down as no lights can be seen.
    With the PS/2 mouse, I could see that the LED was still active when the OS was asleep.

    I've tried "wake via the network" and it works for me (but I keep that setting disabled).

    I can wake my W10 VM with the mouse (when the Host OS is awake).
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Solved Turn off/ Wake up problems in General Support
Hello, everybody! It's me again.. I have some problems and I would be happy if someone can help me. (Feeling so so so stupid..) Problems: 1.I find fbl_impressive (build 10049) when I am looking for updates but an error is showed - 0x80246017...
BSOD on wake up, atikmdag.sys in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Currently running Windows 10 Build 10041. Without fail, every time that I wake my computer up, the resolution is far lower than it should be, and only two of my three monitors work, then the screens flash twice, and I get a BSOD, saying...
Surface Pro sleep/wake buttion in Drivers and Hardware
i just installed W10TP (9926) on my surfacepro. i got everything working but the sleep/wake button i got the driver pack but the device manager says everything is good... do you know where i can find the driver? Thanks!
will not wake again in General Support
Hi all, After the last build my Pc would not wake up, after some tweeking i decided to re-set all the Bios power settings to the Mother board manul`s default settings. Its worked fine up untill yesturday now I have to press the re-set button to...
pc would not wake up in General Support
I have posted that my pc was working fine with windows 10TP. today i left the machine (working doing its updates etc (left turned on)). when after a few hours i went to use the pc it would not wake up i had to unplug at the mains to get it going...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:32.
Find Us