Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    27 Nov 2014 #11
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,446
    Windows 10 Pro

    I do like some of the changes in Windows 10. I'm still not sure I'll be upgrading to 10 when it goes final though. With each release instead of the bugs I'm having getting fixed, More are being introduced. Yes I know 10 is not in it's final stages and we will have a few bugs. When 10 does go final two things will have to happen for me to upgrade. 1. the bugs I'm having will have to be fixed. 2. Windows 10 will have a discount price for those running Windows 8.1.1 or Windows 10 TP.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    27 Nov 2014 #12
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 1,962
    Windows 7

    It is probably smart not to jump on the RTM immediately. Wait for 6 months and let the others debig it first.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    27 Nov 2014 #13
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Australia, Adelaide
    Posts : 1,535
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.2 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home (64 bit)

    MS needs to "lift their game"


    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    I do like some of the changes in Windows 10. I'm still not sure I'll be upgrading to 10 when it goes final though. With each release instead of the bugs I'm having getting fixed, More are being introduced. Yes I know 10 is not in it's final stages and we will have a few bugs. When 10 does go final two things will have to happen for me to upgrade. 1. the bugs I'm having will have to be fixed. 2. Windows 10 will have a discount price for those running Windows 8.1.1 or Windows 10 TP.
    I agree.
    The fact that the new preview versions are getting worse, instead of better, is dampening my enthusiasm.

    One of my SevenForums comments:
    The last two upgrades have been backward steps.
    If my coding (bad as it is) got worse with each new version, I'd pack it in.
    W7 Prediction - Page 3 - Windows 7 Help Forums

    A discount price would be nice.
    It didn't entice me to buy W8 though.

    W10 needs to work out-of-the-box AND not be annoying.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    27 Nov 2014 #14
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,446
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by lehnerus2000 View Post
    W10 needs to work out-of-the-box AND not be annoying.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    27 Nov 2014 #15
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Carencro, LA 70520
    Posts : 8,258
    Mint 18.2

    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    It is probably smart not to jump on the RTM immediately. Wait for 6 months and let the others debig it first.
    Unless the discount price won't last that long.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    27 Nov 2014 #16
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 930
    Windows 8.1, Win10Pro

    Windows 8 was available for $40 for a while -- which is what I paid for it. If MS offers something similar for Win10, even with its similarities to Win8, I personally would buy it. But now, I'm seeing threads where folks are predicting that Win10 will be a free upgrade from Win8 (and maybe, Win7).
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    27 Nov 2014 #17
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 1,962
    Windows 7

    Quote Originally Posted by labeeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    It is probably smart not to jump on the RTM immediately. Wait for 6 months and let the others debig it first.
    Unless the discount price won't last that long.
    I would get it for the discount price but install it 6 months later.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    27 Nov 2014 #18
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 1,962
    Windows 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Phelps View Post
    Windows 8 was available for $40 for a while -- which is what I paid for it. If MS offers something similar for Win10, even with its similarities to Win8, I personally would buy it. But now, I'm seeing threads where folks are predicting that Win10 will be a free upgrade from Win8 (and maybe, Win7).
    I think these guys are dreaming.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    27 Nov 2014 #19
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,446
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Phelps View Post
    Windows 8 was available for $40 for a while -- which is what I paid for it. If MS offers something similar for Win10, even with its similarities to Win8, I personally would buy it. But now, I'm seeing threads where folks are predicting that Win10 will be a free upgrade from Win8 (and maybe, Win7).
    I think these guys are dreaming.
    I agree, They are dreaming. I don't see MS giving away Windows 10 for free. It may be a free upgrade for someone who just bought a new computer. I would buy Windows 10 for $40.00. I'm sure most of the bugs will be worked out by then. Plus I'm sure the OEM's will be updating their drivers and/or programs to be compatible with Windows 10 if necessary.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    27 Nov 2014 #20
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Houston
    Posts : 1,683
    3-Win-7Prox64 1-Win-10Prox64

    If memory serves me,
    8 started out as a 19.99 u.s. Upgrade
    Then went up to 39.99 as a upgrade
    Then settle out as a disk full install about 120. ? offered on many sites today same as win-7
    So if history repeats I would expect the same pricing but nothing in life is free
    But you never know about Microsoft :/
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Something finally broke !!! @StartMenu
Ok. It no longer works. I press the Windows Key and nothing happens. I press the button allocated for that mater, and still nothing happens. Ideas of how to fix ? Restart didn't work. EDIT: I know I can just revert to the old taskbar in the old...
General Support
Finally installed Windows 10...
So I FINALLY got around to installing the Windows 10 build 9926 onto my main system, as the VM of it would not allow me to sign into my Microsoft Account whatsoever. Wow. It's not the "whoa" I once had about three years ago with the Windows 8...
General Support
Finally got '79 installed, classic shell won't install...
Just once it would be nice to see a problem free install.... Thoughts...???
Software and Apps
Here I am - finally
I didn't realize that I was so stoopid. I thought I only looked stoopid but I sure had a heck of a time registering for Windows 10 Forums. Seems like it didn't like my user name, password or email address so I changed all of them. Then I got a...
Chillout Room
Solved Finally I got a code!!!
Hi Ever since I installed I've been trying to get the authentication code thing. Finally today on what has to be at least the 20th try I received a code. I have virtually all of my software installed now, so I feel that the setup process is...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums