Windows 10: Folder Missing

  1.    18 Nov 2015 #1

    Folder Missing


    I connected my phone via USB and moved the pictures to a folder I created in Pictures. I know it was a mistake to use move instead of copy but at the time it looked like a good idea for what I was trying to do.

    I compressed some of the pictures to sent to a friend and while uploading the file at about 70% an error occured via the browser: "File not found". Strange, I thought and went to check on the folder. The folder was missing, while everything else in pictures remained the same. I checked the Recycle Bin, nothing. I immediately used Recuva, recovered some photos but they are corrupted. I can see the link to the files in recent places : http://prntscr.com/943w9d so I am not crazy.

    Does anyone have a clue on what happened?

    Here are some of the computers characteristics: http://prntscr.com/943yn4
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    18 Nov 2015 #2

    Hi, did you
    a. Disconnect your phone whilst moving the files (probably not)
    b. Disconnect your phone without using safe remove.. For example, if you copy thing to an external drive (HDD not flash) and disconnect the drive you may find the files are corrupted or need chkdsk running to get full access.

    So, you could try running chkdsk..

    Depending how the photos are stored on your phone, I suppose you might even be able to recover them on that ..
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    18 Nov 2015 #3

    dalchina said: View Post
    Hi, did you
    a. Disconnect your phone whilst moving the files (probably not)
    b. Disconnect your phone without using safe remove.. For example, if you copy thing to an external drive (HDD not flash) and disconnect the drive you may find the files are corrupted or need chkdsk running to get full access.

    So, you could try running chkdsk..

    Depending how the photos are stored on your phone, I suppose you might even be able to recover them on that ..
    No, this happened after the files were done being moved to the hard drive. I was uploading them, or rather a zip that was in the folder with them but then the files and the zip were gone.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    18 Nov 2015 #4

    EliteKermit said: View Post
    No, this happened after the files were done being moved to the hard drive. I was uploading them, or rather a zip that was in the folder with them but then the files and the zip were gone.
    After you had moved the files to the hard drive, did you disconnect your phone before you uploaded them?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    18 Nov 2015 #5

    dalchina said: View Post
    After you had moved the files to the hard drive, did you disconnect your phone before you uploaded them?
    Don't remember for sure, but they were already zipped and the uploading was going on for 20 minutes before stopping.

    And I did check the disk with both Glary Utilities and using chkdsk.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    18 Nov 2015 #6

    EliteKermit said: View Post
    Don't remember for sure, but they were already zipped and the uploading was going on for 20 minutes before stopping.
    What puzzles me is that the error occurred that you first noted was with the zipped files, uploading, which presumably should have then been independent of your phone.

    Presumably you zipped them to the same folder as the originals?

    Ok, you tried chkdsk. After that, one of the good data recovery programs.
    However, they may well be overwritten by now...

    This may be of passing interest:
    How to use Windows 10's File History backup feature | PCWorld
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
How to Add or Remove 'Copy To folder' and 'Move To folder' Context Menu in Windows 10 When you press and hold or right click on selected file(s) and folder(s) and click/tap on Copy To folder, it will copy them to a location you select...
Missing Files in BT Folder in Installation and Upgrade
Hello Everyone, i was planning on upgrading my W7 main machine this weekend to windows 10, at one point i did have the Downloaded Files to do the upgrade, but those files are now missing From the Folder 40406404074040640407 I did clean up my C:\...
In start menu file explorer is missing & in settings--- personalization---- start---- choose folder option appears on start is disable I have attach some photos then help me please how enable choose which folder appears on start ...
Please can anyone help me with a small problem ? if I right click on my music icon in explorer I can change the location of its contents in the location tab which I was trying to do, as I have my Mp3s in a music folder on my D Drive. whilst...
IF anyone could help me out here I would really appreciate it. When I click one of the shortcuts in the start menu, I am informed that windows cannot find the specified location. 26074 When I try to navigate to the location, windows wont let...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03.
Find Us