Windows 7 should be Windows 11

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1. paulsalter's Avatar
    Posts : 23,195
    Windows 10
       #61

    BunnyJ said:
    What have they really removed?
    The features that made 8/8.1 the best OS :)
      My Computer

  2. lehnerus2000's Avatar
    Posts : 1,809
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 19.2 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home 1703 (64 bit), W10 Pro 1703 (64 bit) VM
       #62

    BunnyJ said:
    lehnerus2000 said:
    I suspect that the only thing that almost everyone can agree to is, MS should add more, easy to locate and easy to use configuration options.

    It certainly shouldn't remove any.
    What have they really removed? Classic Shell can't be installed to the current build but who knows what will happen in the subsequent builds?? I for one don't know.. does anyone else know for certain??

    If this is true when the final consumer version comes out then that's an issue but till then it's really not an issue.
    I was referring to the W8 series.

    To be fair W7/Vista removed features from Windows Explorer that were in XP (e.g. the Up arrow, customisable toolbars).
    They also added unwanted features like the uncontrollable auto-scrolling in the Navigation pane and in the List view.

    paulsalter said:
    BunnyJ said:
    What have they really removed?
    The features that made 8/8.1 the best OS :)
      My Computer

  3. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,728
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #63

    Funny thing is I can replace the start menu with the start screen with no effort..
    See:
    Windows 7 should be Windows 11-untitled.png

    I uncheck the option under the "Start Screen" and I can use the Start Screen rather than the Start Menu.
      My Computer

  4. lehnerus2000's Avatar
    Posts : 1,809
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 19.2 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home 1703 (64 bit), W10 Pro 1703 (64 bit) VM
       #64

    My comment was related to the huge battle about Libraries (and other items) cluttering up the Navigation pane in File/Windows Explorer. :)

    Here is my W7 Navigation pane (I have some items turned off too).

    I especially hate the way my User folder suddenly appears and doubles the height of the Navigation pane.
    Windows 7 should be Windows 11-navigation-clutter.png
    Last edited by lehnerus2000; 26 Nov 2014 at 09:06. Reason: Picture Added
      My Computer

  5. paulsalter's Avatar
    Posts : 23,195
    Windows 10
       #65

    BunnyJ said:
    Funny thing is I can replace the start menu with the start screen with no effort..
    See:
    Windows 7 should be Windows 11-untitled.png

    I uncheck the option under the "Start Screen" and I can use the Start Screen rather than the Start Menu.
    But do you get the 8 experience, mine doesn't
    full screen apps
    charms with the mouse
    app switcher in top left
      My Computer

  6. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,728
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #66

    ^^ The "experience".. I guess it's all subjective.
      My Computer

  7. paulsalter's Avatar
    Posts : 23,195
    Windows 10
       #67

    very true, they are mostly keeping the people that liked 7 happy, just hope they are not going to ignore the people that liked 8
      My Computer

  8. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,728
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #68

    paulsalter said:
    very true, they are mostly keeping the people that liked 7 happy, just hope they are not going to ignore the people that liked 8
    Totally agree.. there should be a 50/50 balance between the two OS's and I hope at the end they reach that.

    Jeff
      My Computer

  9. ThrashZone's Avatar
    Posts : 7,108
    3-Win-7Prox64 2-Win10Prox64
       #69

    I suppose the question should be what has Microsoft changed ?
    1-Start menu list is difficult to read on the left column
    2-No setting for text on the right column on the start menu list
    3-Tied Bing as the default search to the start menu instead of local programs and files
    4-Took away borders on all windows
    5-Took away transparent Glass
    6-Made everyone use group policy to get around windows update settings
    7-Made ie11 into a pest by insisting on using the default compatibility view lists if you uncheck the item and delete them
    Alt+TB
    Those are the only ones I remember beside having 2 pc and pcz settings pages seems redundant :/

    I avoided Bing desktop in win-7 with a passion because to me it's a useless feature
    I would like to see what the euro version is like because none of this Microsoft account or Bing.. would exist
    Along with the built in apps

    Oops forgot Remove functionality in the arrow movement keys in the app store and a host of other pages where there is no scroll bars.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 372
    Windows 10
       #70

    lehnerus2000 said:
    My comment was related to the huge battle about Libraries (and other items) cluttering up the Navigation pane in File/Windows Explorer. :)

    Here is my W7 Navigation pane (I have some items turned off too).

    I especially hate the way my User folder suddenly appears and doubles the height of the Navigation pane.
    Windows 7 should be Windows 11-navigation-clutter.png
    Yes, that is pretty much it.

    When I open my file manager I only want to see:

    Computer:\
    C:\
    D:\
    E:\

    etc. etc.

    I don't like seeing anything above C:\, except computer.

    That said, I wasn't intending to do battle over libraries. It is not a deal breaker for me, like metro was. Minor annoyance.

    I still think metro sucks...
      My Computer


 
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums