Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1.    22 Nov 2014 #21
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,136
    Windows 10 Professional

    ... that is to say, I could have StartIsBack open on one monitor and the Start Screen open on the other:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	457.2 KB 
ID:	8684
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    22 Nov 2014 #22
    Join Date : Nov 2014
    Posts : 72
    Windows 10 Insider

    I like the layout on the left side with the usual grouping of programs that one would need.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    22 Nov 2014 #23
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 55
    Windows 8.1 & TP 9926

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Are they ever going to fix that "Mouseover on Start button" bug ? pretty annoying.
    What bug is that ? I just put my mouseover start button didn't noticed anything annoying :/
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    22 Nov 2014 #24
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Carencro, LA 70520
    Posts : 8,257
    Mint 18.2

    Quote Originally Posted by netuser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Are they ever going to fix that "Mouseover on Start button" bug ? pretty annoying.
    What bug is that ? I just put my mouseover start button didn't noticed anything annoying :/
    If you have the taskbar on auto hide a mouse over on just the Start button will not unhide it you have to move the mouse on another area of the taskbar.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    22 Nov 2014 #25
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 32,448
    Dual boot Windows 10 Pro x 64 CU build 15063 & Insider Build 16273

    Quote Originally Posted by labeeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by netuser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Are they ever going to fix that "Mouseover on Start button" bug ? pretty annoying.
    What bug is that ? I just put my mouseover start button didn't noticed anything annoying :/
    If you have the taskbar on auto hide a mouse over on just the Start button will not unhide it you have to move the mouse on another area of the taskbar.
    Yeah. That has always been a PITA. Geez. Fix it already.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    22 Nov 2014 #26
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Australia, Adelaide
    Posts : 1,534
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.2 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home (64 bit)

    Both Options


    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJay View Post
    Having the choice to set W10 up the way each user wants, would be a good thing IMHO.
    Both options (Menu & Screen) must be available and easy to access and configure.
    Last edited by lehnerus2000; 29 Nov 2014 at 20:34. Reason: Title, Syntax
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    23 Nov 2014 #27
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,136
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    In my Win8.1.1 OS I have classic shell and there is a button you can press to take you directly to the start screen. That would be nice to have in the Win10 start menu.
    Almost got it!
    I created a shortcut of Shawn's handy 'Toggle Start Menu/Start Screen' .vbs file...

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...text-menu.html

    ...gave it an icon and pinned it to the Start Menu:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000024.png 
Views:	191 
Size:	4.6 KB 
ID:	8716

    The only problem is, it only takes you to the Start Screen once from a fresh start, after that it takes you to the desktop!
    Maybe Shawn can modify the file to bring up the Start Screen every time.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    23 Nov 2014 #28
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    In my Win8.1.1 OS I have classic shell and there is a button you can press to take you directly to the start screen. That would be nice to have in the Win10 start menu.
    Almost got it!
    I created a shortcut of Shawn's handy 'Toggle Start Menu/Start Screen' .vbs file...

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...text-menu.html

    ...gave it an icon and pinned it to the Start Menu:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000024.png 
Views:	191 
Size:	4.6 KB 
ID:	8716

    The only problem is, it only takes you to the Start Screen once from a fresh start, after that it takes you to the desktop!
    Maybe Shawn can modify the file to bring up the Start Screen every time.
    Great work!!
    I can't wait to see what Shawn can do,

    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    23 Nov 2014 #29
    Join Date : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 3,458
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    What I would love to have is an icon/selection to get to the start screen and back by pressing the desktop tile in the start screen.
    still trying to decipher this ,not sure actually what you mean ,my fault not yours .

    I use the start screen in win10 ,not the start menu ; I rarely ever used the start menu in any windows OS .always just copied icons to the taskbar or desktop ..

    the way I read it . I use the start screen ,default win10 dose not have a desktop icon in start screen ,so I searched desktop [on start screen search ]and right click on the results and pined it to start .
    also when in start screen if mouse to extreme lower right corner click to get back to desktop
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    23 Nov 2014 #30
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Let me try to explain with some pics.
    1. In the lower left had part you see in the start menu the ICON.. Start Screen..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	247.7 KB 
ID:	8740

    I press that and I go to the Start Screen. This:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	289.2 KB 
ID:	8739


    And I can go back to the desktop..

    I hope that helps a bit.

    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:12.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums