Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
  1.    13 Feb 2015 #231
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,826
    OS X, Win 10

    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    If I get something for free, I can understand that the producer has to make money somewhere - thus ads are acceptable. But if I pay thru the nose like for American TV, then I do not want to see any ads. That's why I stopped watching TV in the US a good 10 years ago. I don't understand how people put up with that.

    When I am in Germany, I watch TV. There I pay $25 for 350 channels from 20 countries and half of those channels are commercial free. Those I watch - the others I deselect. If I would not live behind a mountain that obstructs the satellites, I would get a dish. That TV costs nothing and you get even more channels.

    If they start to plague me too much with commercials on the computer, I would sell all my gear.
    . . .now here is one time you and I agree. I too have shut down all TV coming either through a dish, cable or over the air. The only thing my big beautiful 70" Aqua Sharp is used for now days is either Blue-ray movies, or streaming shows off the Internet via Netflix or Amazon Prime. . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    13 Feb 2015 #232

    Try Filmon, Lee. Free for standard viewing, and a small subscription if you want HD. The standard definition is of real good quality. You can also register (also free) and prepare a list of "favourites" for quicker searching. It covers most of the ordinary channels on the globe.
    I use a cast out old laptop, situated under my TV, with 4gbs ram. Never had any stuttering or similar.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    13 Feb 2015 #233
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 1,962
    Windows 7

    . .now here is one time you and I agree.
    LOL Lee, don't we always agree ??
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    13 Feb 2015 #234
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,826
    OS X, Win 10

    Quote Originally Posted by davehc View Post
    Try Filmon, Lee. Free for standard viewing, and a small subscription if you want HD. The standard definition is of real good quality. You can also register (also free) and prepare a list of "favourites" for quicker searching. It covers most of the ordinary channels on the globe.
    I use a cast out old laptop, situated under my TV, with 4gbs ram. Never had any stuttering or similar.
    Thanks Dave, will give it a try. . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    13 Feb 2015 #235
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,826
    OS X, Win 10

    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    . .now here is one time you and I agree.
    LOL Lee, don't we always agree ??
    Of course. . . , albeit sometimes we on the same thing. . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    17 Feb 2015 #236

    sorry on the Tiles i can go either way use or not use both are fine
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    18 Feb 2015 #237
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    SevierVille,TN
    Posts : 169
    Windows 10 Tech. Preview

    I also agree Dissapointed but not suprised. Dissapointed but not suprised. . They need to put a button or switch in Windows 10 to go back to 8. 1 stuff.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    19 Feb 2015 #238
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by d2123cross View Post
    I also agree Dissapointed but not suprised. Dissapointed but not suprised. . They need to put a button or switch in Windows 10 to go back to 8. 1 stuff.
    What 8.1 stuff are you referring to?? Care to expand on this thought??
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    19 Feb 2015 #239
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    UK
    Posts : 19,158
    Windows 10

    This is what I hope Continuum is going to evolve into, giving more of the 8.1 experience

    Giving people the option of the 8.1 look/feel or the new 10 look
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    19 Feb 2015 #240
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
    This is what I hope Continuum is going to evolve into, giving more of the 8.1 experience

    Giving people the option of the 8.1 look/feel or the new 10 look
    I assume you mean the start scree that was accessible in Win8.1.. then yes it would be nice to have that as an option.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:45.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums