Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,197
    Windows 10 IoT
       11 Feb 2015 #191

    To liking the 8.1 Start Screen and not liking the hybrid 10 Start Menu/Screen.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 1,962
    Windows 7
       11 Feb 2015 #192

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    To liking the 8.1 Start Screen and not liking the hybrid 10 Start Menu/Screen.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,534
    OS X, Win 10
       11 Feb 2015 #193

    whs said: View Post
    alphanumeric said: View Post
    To liking the 8.1 Start Screen and not liking the hybrid 10 Start Menu/Screen.
    to your , and I raise you a
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jan 2014
    Posts : 246
       11 Feb 2015 #194

    Well, someone has to come along and break this string. I do not like the 8.1 Start Screen.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 1,962
    Windows 7
       11 Feb 2015 #195

    Lady Fitzgerald said: View Post
    Well, someone has to come along and break this string. I do not like the 8.1 Start Screen.
    LF, you are no fun.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,934
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       11 Feb 2015 #196

    I for one like the new start menu. But then I'm odd/different.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2013
    A Finnish ex-pat in Germany
    Posts : 9,514
    Windows 10 Pro
       11 Feb 2015 #197

    Old post but still worth commenting:

    mousegolf said: View Post
    Drop the dang tiles Microsoft! We mouse/keyboard users have no use for gaudy tiles on our screens. Use the same Start Menu since XP through 7. Stop adding more bells and whistles.

    If I ran the Windows department I would find ways to remove "stuff" and keep Windows a productive OS, not an ostentatious competitor for Mac. We are not Mac people - we are fast mousers who do not need anything more than standard icons and text links.
    Speak for yourself, please do not include me and many other Windows enthusiasts in your generalizing "We mouse / keyboard users". Seriously. You do not represent me and my opinion.

    I thank Microsoft for the tiles. Apart of mobile devices, I have never had nor will I in foreseen future get a touchscreen. Yet I like the Modern apps with their tiles very much. I welcomed the Start Screen in Windows 8 as incredibly innovative, flexible and fast way to use my Windows with wheel mouse and keyboard, liked the idea even more in 8.1 and now finally in Windows 10 Microsoft has found the way that really speaks to me. I can switch between a full screen Start and a somewhat smaller, use the apps Modern and desktop alike in so customizable and flexible way that it makes me wonder how could I manage my Windows before this.

    Kari
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 2,904
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       11 Feb 2015 #198

    Kari said: View Post
    Old post but still worth commenting:

    mousegolf said: View Post
    Drop the dang tiles Microsoft! We mouse/keyboard users have no use for gaudy tiles on our screens. Use the same Start Menu since XP through 7. Stop adding more bells and whistles.

    If I ran the Windows department I would find ways to remove "stuff" and keep Windows a productive OS, not an ostentatious competitor for Mac. We are not Mac people - we are fast mousers who do not need anything more than standard icons and text links.
    Speak for yourself, please do not include me and many other Windows enthusiasts in your generalizing "We mouse / keyboard users". Seriously. You do not represent me and my opinion.

    I thank Microsoft for the tiles. Apart of mobile devices, I have never had nor will I in foreseen future get a touchscreen. Yet I like the Modern apps with their tiles very much. I welcomed the Start Screen in Windows 8 as incredibly innovative, flexible and fast way to use my Windows with wheel mouse and keyboard, liked the idea even more in 8.1 and now finally in Windows 10 Microsoft has found the way that really speaks to me. I can switch between a full screen Start and a somewhat smaller, use the apps Modern and desktop alike in so customizable and flexible way that it makes me wonder how could I manage my Windows before this.

    Kari
    I agree 100%
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 1,962
    Windows 7
       11 Feb 2015 #199

    I also agree with Kari. As a man with poor vision the tiles are a lot easier than the little Win7 start menu or the left pane of the Win10 manu. For that I prefer the Apps page W8.1 style.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jun 2014
    Posts : 4,433
    Windows 10 Pro
       11 Feb 2015 #200

    I like the start menu in 10. In my opinion with a few tweaks it will be perfect. I do use Classic Shell in Windows 8.1 but see no reason to use it in 10.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums