Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Nov 2013
    Land of 10,000 lakes
    Posts : 10,346
    W10 Pro, W10 Home
       22 Nov 2014 #11

    whs said: View Post
    I actually like the Windows 8.1 start menu better than the 10 version. It took a couple of days to get used to it, but between the 8.1 start and the All Apps, I can do better than with the 10 start or the 7 start.

    There may have been too many people screeming for the old start. Now we got that hybrid which is neither fish nor fowl. Can't win.

    PS - I should mention that I have extremely bad vision and anything BIG is good for me.
    I also prefer using the All Apps screen over a traditional Start Menu. For me, I think it's easier to find stuff.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,945
    All kinds
       22 Nov 2014 #12

    I still can't make my mind if I like it or not.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,934
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       22 Nov 2014 #13

    LittleJay said: View Post
    whs said: View Post
    I actually like the Windows 8.1 start menu better than the 10 version. It took a couple of days to get used to it, but between the 8.1 start and the All Apps, I can do better than with the 10 start or the 7 start.

    There may have been too many people screeming for the old start. Now we got that hybrid which is neither fish nor fowl. Can't win.

    PS - I should mention that I have extremely bad vision and anything BIG is good for me.
    I also prefer using the All Apps screen over a traditional Start Menu. For me, I think it's easier to find stuff.
    I like the start menu.. have for years.

    CountMike said: View Post
    I still can't make my mind if I like it or not.
    End of the day I'll get the update or buy a new copy of Win10. I really think the new version will be worth it in the long run.

    Jeff
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4.    22 Nov 2014 #14

    @ BunnyJ:
    What do you mean here?:

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    ...What I would love to have is an icon/selection to get to the start screen and back by pressing the desktop tile in the start screen. Just like the way I can in Win8.1.1 with Classic Shell.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,934
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       22 Nov 2014 #15

    Edwin said: View Post
    @ BunnyJ:
    What do you mean here?:

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    ...What I would love to have is an icon/selection to get to the start screen and back by pressing the desktop tile in the start screen. Just like the way I can in Win8.1.1 with Classic Shell.
    Ok.. if you had Classic Shell set up there is a ICON on the top that toggles you to the Start Scree. It's in the same place that my name would be found.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	249.1 KB 
ID:	8678

    You would press on that and bingo! Start Screen. Let me go over to win 8 and post an image.
    Jeff
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Nov 2013
    Land of 10,000 lakes
    Posts : 10,346
    W10 Pro, W10 Home
       22 Nov 2014 #16

    I like the start menu.. have for years.
    Yup and that's why MS has brought it back to W10, because many people agree with you. However, for those of us who have grown to like and use the W 8.1 Start Screen, hopefully it will be available to use in W10 on non touch screens. Having the choice to set W10 up the way each user wants, would be a good thing IMHO.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Nov 2014
    Posts : 72
    Windows 10 Insider
       22 Nov 2014 #17

    CountMike said: View Post
    Are they ever going to fix that "Mouseover on Start button" bug ? pretty annoying.
    Look how long it took to get the "Up Arrow" back on Explorer!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,945
    All kinds
       22 Nov 2014 #18

    cpupro said: View Post
    CountMike said: View Post
    Are they ever going to fix that "Mouseover on Start button" bug ? pretty annoying.
    Look how long it took to get the "Up Arrow" back on Explorer!
    Ugh, now you ruined my day. !!!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,934
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       22 Nov 2014 #19

    Edwin said: View Post
    @ BunnyJ:
    What do you mean here?:

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    ...What I would love to have is an icon/selection to get to the start screen and back by pressing the desktop tile in the start screen. Just like the way I can in Win8.1.1 with Classic Shell.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	264.6 KB 
ID:	8679

    In my Win8.1.1 OS I have classic shell and there is a button you can press to take you directly to the start screen. That would be nice to have in the Win10 start menu.

    Jeff
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10.    22 Nov 2014 #20

    OK, I got ya!
    'StartIsBack' had that too. As a matter of fact, with StartIsBack, I could open the Start Screen on one monitor and the Start Menu on the other!
    Here's an idea, see if you can find that file and make a custom .vbs file from the info!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums