Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 20,810
    Tower: W8.1; Laptop: W10 Pro build 10586; Windows Phone 8
       02 Dec 2014 #151

    Rickkins said: View Post
    No worries mate, it's all good.
    OK. Cool.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 20,810
    Tower: W8.1; Laptop: W10 Pro build 10586; Windows Phone 8
       02 Dec 2014 #152

    Winuser said: View Post
    In the example the way I read it HG was going from a desktop app to the start screen. If going from the desktop to the start screen it would be three key strokes.
    If closing/hiding the desktop, otherwise WinKey, just like opening the Start Menu.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 2,917
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       03 Dec 2014 #153

    I've watched other keyboarders in action and I have to admit that I was impressed. As for me, I'm all thumbs and my memory chip is fried, so I remain a mouser.
    boy, can I relate to that
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Nov 2014
    UK
    Posts : 232
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       03 Dec 2014 #154

    So, if you want an operating system with a Start Menu, then stick with Windows 7 or if you want a Start Screen, then it's Windows 8/8.1.

    So why bring out Windows 10. Is it to be the best of Windows 7 & 8 in one operating system. That being the case, then at least Windows 10 Start Menu should be at least as good as Windows 7 which it isn't.

    Personally, Windows 8.1 with Start8 provides me with just that. A Start Menu just like Windows 7 & at the touch of button, straight into a Start Screen & back.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,542
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
       03 Dec 2014 #155

    Kari said: View Post
    I get giggles every time I read posts from these "I am an expert, only my opinion matters, my opinion is a fact" geeks. To keep the fun coming I even took a couple of them back from my ignore list, it's more fun to read their posts than let the system hide them from me.

    Windows 8 / 8.1 a failure? A version of Windows which already has double the users worldwide than combined versions of the 13 year old OS X, yet Mac and its parent Apple are considered an established, good operating system and a good business. Windows 8 / 8.1 has doubled its share in one year, OS X got a bit over 10% increase in same time.

    I am not willing to call an OS on fifth of all computers worldwide a failure.

    OS Statistics
    Actually, Windows 7 has increased usage world wide, unfortunately, I can't find my post that shows the link to the article either here or at the windows 7 forum.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,228
    Windows 10 IoT
       03 Dec 2014 #156

    WightWalker said: View Post
    So, if you want an operating system with a Start Menu, then stick with Windows 7 or if you want a Start Screen, then it's Windows 8/8.1.

    So why bring out Windows 10. Is it to be the best of Windows 7 & 8 in one operating system. That being the case, then at least Windows 10 Start Menu should be at least as good as Windows 7 which it isn't.

    Personally, Windows 8.1 with Start8 provides me with just that. A Start Menu just like Windows 7 & at the touch of button, straight into a Start Screen & back.
    If they had left the tiles out of the Windows 10 Start Menu the Metro haters likely would have been OK with it. I like Metro but it didn't work for me either. Doing it the way they did just seems to have pissed both sides off. I think it backfired on them a bit. That's the sense I get from what's posted anyway. I'll stick with the Start Screen, assuming I'll get that option. Hopefully those that want something like the Windows 7 Start Menu get that as an option too. A lot can and likely will change. Once the CP comes out this debate will likely start up all over again. I hope not, but who knows?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7.    03 Dec 2014 #157

    WightWalker said: View Post
    ...Windows 10 Start Menu should be at least as good as Windows 7 which it isn't.
    I'll ask again; what makes the WTP Start Menu inferior to the Windows 7 Start Menu?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Aug 2014
    Australia, Adelaide
    Posts : 1,394
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.1 MATE (64 bit), W10IP VM, W10 Home
       03 Dec 2014 #158

    NetMarketShare


    groze said: View Post
    Actually, Windows 7 has increased usage world wide, unfortunately, I can't find my post that shows the link to the article either here or at the windows 7 forum.
    Supposedly W7 gained ~3 percentage points in November.

    Here is NetMarketShare's chart.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 729
    win 7 dual boot / 10
       03 Dec 2014 #159

    Edwin said: View Post
    WightWalker said: View Post
    ...Windows 10 Start Menu should be at least as good as Windows 7 which it isn't.
    I'll ask again; what makes the WTP Start Menu inferior to the Windows 7 Start Menu?
    I go along with you Edwin. No difference at all. I go farther than that an say what's the diff in the start menu and Start screen? nada zilch zero
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 1,542
    W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
       04 Dec 2014 #160

    Charlie said: View Post
    Edwin said: View Post
    WightWalker said: View Post
    ...Windows 10 Start Menu should be at least as good as Windows 7 which it isn't.
    I'll ask again; what makes the WTP Start Menu inferior to the Windows 7 Start Menu?


    I go along with you Edwin. No difference at all. I go farther than that an say what's the diff in the start menu and Start screen? nada zilch zero
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W7s.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	610.8 KB 
ID:	9112

    Here is the Windows 7 default Aero desktop showing the start menu. Some things whited out for privacy.

    What I would like to see is,

    Start Menu and Start Screen for windows 8 and windows 10 to compare to windows 7.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums