Windows 10: How would you describe this?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 16,494
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       19 Nov 2014 #21

    One person has said...

    I would like more flexibility over the size of the tile area on the start menu. For instance, I would like to have the ability to have a single column of equal sized tiles (small or medium). This would probably be easiest by allow for the width of the tile area to be manually set and locked to a certain size.
    I think this person has it right on the head! I'll give him a "Me Too".
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 25,663
    Dual boot: Windows 10 Home Insider Build 16179 & W8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center
       19 Nov 2014 #22

    Rickkins said: View Post
    Ew...
    This is much better?


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	windows7classicstartmenu.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	8503


    Don't worry, Rickkins. I don't like the new Start Menu any more than you do. I'll be using the Start Screen as soon as I get to boot to it.

    While I'm here > With the last build I was able to use the up arrow key to navigate up along the left side of the menu or the right arrow key to jump right to the tile section to navigate. They don't work with this build unless someone can tell me otherwise. Tab key doesn't do it, which usually jumps to the next field. Now I'm forced to use the stinkin' mouse, which means it's become more touch centric than before.

    Now that's what I call unbridled arrogance!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 25,663
    Dual boot: Windows 10 Home Insider Build 16179 & W8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center
       19 Nov 2014 #23

    Chuck38 said: View Post
    One person has said...

    I would like more flexibility over the size of the tile area on the start menu. For instance, I would like to have the ability to have a single column of equal sized tiles (small or medium). This would probably be easiest by allow for the width of the tile area to be manually set and locked to a certain size.
    I think this person has it right on the head! I'll give him a "Me Too".
    Where is it? I'll give it a "Me Too" also.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    19 Nov 2014 #24

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    Rickkins said: View Post
    Ew...
    This is much better?


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	windows7classicstartmenu.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	8503
    A million times so. Don't see how anyone could say otherwise...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 16,494
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       19 Nov 2014 #25

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    Chuck38 said: View Post
    One person has said...

    I would like more flexibility over the size of the tile area on the start menu. For instance, I would like to have the ability to have a single column of equal sized tiles (small or medium). This would probably be easiest by allow for the width of the tile area to be manually set and locked to a certain size.
    I think this person has it right on the head! I'll give him a "Me Too".
    Where is it? I'll give it a "Me Too" also.
    Copy and paste what you suggested at the bottom of post 15.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 4,345
    Win 10 Pro x64
       19 Nov 2014 #26

    I was playing around with start menu. I ended up with two:

      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 16,494
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       19 Nov 2014 #27

    How did that happen?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 4,345
    Win 10 Pro x64
       19 Nov 2014 #28

    Chuck38 said: View Post
    How did that happen?
    Played around with Pokki app. I thought it will replace the existing Windows start menu. It just added another one. I'll keep it that way for now.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 8,345
    Windows 10 Professional
       19 Nov 2014 #29

    Thought I would have my Start Menu serve a purpose, except I can't scroll horizontally without clicking somewhere! (similar to a post I made about scrolling on active/inactive windows)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000005 (2).png 
Views:	24 
Size:	911.0 KB 
ID:	8507
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 261
    Windows 10 & Windows 10 Insider Program, Linux Mint 18, Zorin, elementary OS
       19 Nov 2014 #30

    Rickkins said: View Post
    badrobot said: View Post
    Ask MS why Classic Shell knows what we want better than them.
    It's called unbridled arrogance. Of course now, they've managed to even screw that up, by blocking the proper installation of the 3rd party start menu apps, quite possibly the most miserable and cynical act I seen from them since the whole metro fiasco began.
    In another post (forgot which), someone said they renamed the Classic Shell install file and then installed it successfully. You might give that a try.

    Rich

    Edit Addition:
    Decided to try above. Without renaming the install file, I ended up with pic #1 . After renaming install file to "Myshell", it installed successfully.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ClassicShell1.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	8511Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ClassicShell2.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	8512
    Last edited by rmonroe36; 19 Nov 2014 at 22:58.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38.
Find Us