Windows 10: unzip a file?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    11 Nov 2015 #1

    unzip a file?


    How can I unzip a file? I don't have a compressed folder just a zipped file. If I double click on it I get garbage. Anyone knows how I can read my .zip file?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. jds63's Avatar
    Posts : 3,110
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       11 Nov 2015 #2

    lostsoul65 said: View Post
    How can I unzip a file? I don't have a compressed folder just a zipped file. If I double click on it I get garbage. Anyone knows how I can read my .zip file?
    Zip file from a download or what are you trying to unzip ? Windows 10 can extract a .zip file.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    11 Nov 2015 #3

    jds63 said: View Post
    Zip file from a download or what are you trying to unzip ? Windows 10 can extract a .zip file.
    Does it matter what file it is as long as it has a .zip? and on my original post I ask "How can I unzip a file? "
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. jds63's Avatar
    Posts : 3,110
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       11 Nov 2015 #4

    lostsoul65 said: View Post
    Does it matter what file it is as long as it has a .zip? and on my original post I ask "How can I unzip a file? "
    Seemed like wanted to unzip a windows system file i was not sure, why i asked. As far as i know from doing it, Windows 10 can extract. zip files. If have trouble there are third party apps can do it to, 7zip ,WinRAR, etc...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. jds63's Avatar
    Posts : 3,110
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       11 Nov 2015 #5
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    11 Nov 2015 #6

    jds63 said: View Post
    Seemed like wanted to unzip a windows system file i was not sure, why i asked. As far as i know from doing it, Windows 10 can extract. zip files. If have trouble there are third party apps can do it to, 7zip ,WinRAR, etc...
    I downloaded a file from a window 10 book called Windows 10 step by step and in Windows 10 I double click on it and I got garbage and then I tried my windows 7 computer and by double clicking on the file it was fine.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. jds63's Avatar
    Posts : 3,110
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       11 Nov 2015 #7

    lostsoul65 said: View Post
    I downloaded a file from a window 10 book called Windows 10 step by step and in Windows 10 I double click on it and I got garbage and then I tried my windows 7 computer and by double clicking on the file it was fine.
    ending of the file was .zip ? Hard to say since i can not see it as it happens from my end, you can use third party apps as mentioned for Windows 10 if you have these issues, but i have opened many zip files with no issues, maybe something different about format of this zip file.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. You's Avatar
    Posts : 615
    Windows 10 Enterprise x64 (build 10586)
       11 Nov 2015 #8

    Did you download a PDF or eBook or something like that?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. Ztruker's Avatar
    Posts : 6,434
    Windows 10 Pro X64 17134.191
       11 Nov 2015 #9

    Right click on the zip file and select Extract All.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10. jds63's Avatar
    Posts : 3,110
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       11 Nov 2015 #10

    Ztruker said: View Post
    Right click on the zip file and select Extract All.
    What i do, obviously did not work for there file.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	47546
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Hi all...Using Win10 Pro x64. I would like to disable windows showing .zip files in explorer as a folder...When you highlight it the contents inside the .zip are shown in the right pane view. I've scoured the net and found ways for Win7(which I...
I can set an alias in the hosts file on a win7 machine and access it just fine but doing the same in Win10 prompts for creds that never work even when entered correctly. What did win10 change? hosts file entry: 127.0.0.1 hostname alias...
A brief apology: I'm probably too old to mess with this stuff (pulling 80,) but I like to try. Please be patient with me, and ask for details if I am not stating my problem clearly. I have searched, but could not find this problem already...
Do you have any idea how to create Windows 10 autoattended file ? It is normal for system builder use. Any help would be appreciated.:):)
I'm trying to copy a ripped movie file (iso) from my G drive to desktop. The file is 45GB. It gets to 99% then a message comes up saying the process can't complete because the System has the file open. I have nothing running and can't find anything...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16.
Find Us